Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I never had a problem with Lees' contract. I always thought he would put numbers where we needed them most (rebounding and occupying opposing bigs on D with pick and roll/pop). As far as Randolph goes, all the physical ability in the world, but lets face it, the guy is a walking brain fart. I remember when he was still a warrior seeing him freeze in indecision because he had the ball (with a live dribble) and one foot on either side of the half court line... like he didn't know he could just step into the front court. Sure he can jump out of the gym, but don't you get the impression that you could run him in circles with a laser pointer?

vCash
    Great call with the laser pointers. Any one else think he changed his number to 15 so he could have the nickname AR15 instead of AR4? Or is he not bright enough to have thought of it?

vCash
    Definitely worth it! Looks like the Warriors made out better than the Knicks!

vCash
    ar ftw

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    In all honesty, I can't really formulate an opinion on this topic... yet. At first, I didn't like the contract, thought he was just another good player that put up decent numbers on a bad team. However, since he has come here, he has been relatively healthy (one of my biggest concerns as Warriors players always seem to be injury "jinxed") and continued to put up good numbers on a better team as well as great with the community and for team camaraderie. That being said, the reason why I can't put an opinion together yet is because we haven't seen him play alongside Bogut, extensively. Although all signs seem to point in the direction that the two of them will be fine playing together, the reality is, when Bogut becomes a regular starter (if ever), Lee's production will decline, how far down his production drops off will determine for me if he is worth what we are paying him or not. For example: If he drops down to like a 9-13 point and 5-9 rebound player, he won't be worth the money. But, if he only tapers off a little, to like 15-17 points and 9-11 rebounds a game then he would still be worth the money.
    Last edited by GSWJunkie; 01-15-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: grammar

vCash
    His efficiency will not decline next to Bogut.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    His efficiency will not decline next to Bogut.
    Time will inevitably tell us if this is true or not. I still think it's a tad early to conclude if Lee was a good deal or not.
    Last edited by GSWJunkie; 01-15-2013 at 06:54 PM. Reason: grammar

vCash
    Perhaps traditional stats will go down, but his efficiency will certainly go up on the defensive and offensive side.

vCash
    I never thought David Lee's contract was bad either and almost a bargain for a 20 and 11 guy. What I didn't like about it was that they were paying him $13M a year to be a third fiddle behind Ellis and Curry. I felt he just wasn't getting the ball enough. 16 and 10 is nothing to sneeze at, but its certainly not 20 and 11. It could be argued that he's the best player on this team now. Its between him and Curry, so for that price, I don't mind that at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12