Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What do you guys think of David Lee's contract now?

It has long been said that David Lee has a bad contract, and I have been one to think that over the past couple of years. Now though, I am not so sure. For the money he is making this and next year, I might venture to say that he is underpaid for what he is bringing. (Leadership, adds to team chemistry, go-to guy in the fourth quarter, arguably the first option on offense on a good team). While he is a good athlete, he relies more on skill than athleticism, which makes me think he will age more like Duncan than Amare over the last two years of his contract when he will be past his prime. I could see him being close to the same player over those last two years, even if he loses a step, and maybe worth close to the 15.5 million per year they have to pay him during that time. Thoughts?

vCash
    Honestly, I never said Lee had a bad contract. He's always had good numbers and made his contract worth it

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I always said David Lee's contract was the equivalent of the Barry Zito contract or Alex Smiths contract.

But now he is worth every penny. I honestly had no idea he was this good or this skilled. I knew he was effective and could put up good numbers but I had no idea he was a dominating force on the offensive end. I've never been so happy to be proven wrong. I wouldn't say he is underpaid though. Stephon Curry's deal is a bargain though.
    Last edited by sfattahian; 01-12-2013 at 05:07 PM.
    Tottenham Hotspur
    San Francisco Warriors
    San Francisco Giants
    San Francisco 49ers

vCash
    Everyone talked about how Monta leaving would help Stephs development.

Lee has been better as well because now he is better equipped to show off his skills. Hes always put up good numbers but has really shown his all-around offensive ability this season.

He no longer has a ball dominant player limiting him. I loved Monta but he needs the ball to be effective, and is a volume shooter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    Honestly, I never said Lee had a bad contract. He's always had good numbers and made his contract worth it
    Same. I think he really helped change the culture here, and has been worth every penny of his contract so far. We'll see how he holds up in the later years of the deal when the time comes. For now, Im glad we have him

vCash
    you been ditching me in the gt's bro

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Been busy. I'll probably be on for the Denver game though

vCash
    i might be...might watch n workout at the same time

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I never had a huge problem with Lee's contract, but now I have absolutely no problem with it.

vCash
    I have no problem with it as long as he puts up the stats and makes the team is win. I still think his defense could improve

vCash
    I think the same thing now as I did the day he signed it.... I wish I made that much for playing a game.

But really...I never had a problem with it. Now if he played at lets say "Biedrins' level" or was injured all the time, then I would not like it. But IMO he deserves it and earns his pay.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    I remember not liking the trade to get him. I remember thinking we should have saved the amnesty to get rid of Lee and his contract the same year Biedrins expired to have a bunch of cap room. So far he's been great.

To be fair to myself I did say I'd rather have Lee with his contract then Amare with his. But overall I say I was flat out wrong. Anthony Randolph was who I wanted to keep...

vCash
    yeah we coulda made that trade without randolph. i know this because new york never utilized him

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    yeah we coulda made that trade without randolph. i know this because new york never utilized him
    Minnesota barely used him and that may only be because of injuries and apparently he is on Denver now (I guess) and they are not using him as well. I remember hating the trade because I thought Lee was good, but over paid. I thought he was only worth about 10 mil per year. Also, that Randolph would end up being better on another team, like many other Warriors before him. I am glad to say I was wrong on both accounts.

vCash
    I honestly think Randolph still has potential..he just needs to be given a chance with the right team and situation.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast