Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NFL All-Pro

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Aaron Rodgers statistically outperformed Manning this season. And on tape. Whatever. It just is what it is. Manning is the most popular player in NFL history.
    Peyton led a better/more productive offense than Rodgers did. It's not always about the individual stats of the QB. Sometimes, as the leader of the offense, the team offensive stats are just as important when it comes to gauging the performance of the QB.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UofAZ420 View Post
    Calvin got 49 out of 50 votes. I wonder who wouldn't vote for him
    He got 49/50 last year too. Same guy. Mike O'Hara (former Detroit News writer who nor writes for DetroitLions.com) says he knows who the guy who didn't vote for him is. Wouldn't say who though.

vCash
    Glad to see Rodgers and Matthews on there. But for what its worth, Rodgers definitely deserves to be 1st team.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    The NFC West with 10 of the 27 players on the AP team. Niiiiiice.
    and most of them are 49ers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    Glad to see Rodgers and Matthews on there. But for what its worth, Rodgers definitely deserves to be 1st team.
    Not over peyton manning this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    Not over peyton manning this season
    Based on..stats? Or popularity.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    All-Pro

I tend to put more stock in the All-Pro list than the Pro-Bowl, but this isn’t perfect either. While I believe Rob Gronkowski is the best TE in football, he didn’t earn the honor this year due to his injury.

Anyway, here is the links to Pro Football Writers Association (PFWA) All-NFL Team list and the Associated Press (AP) 1st and 2nd team All-Pro team list.

AP at NFL . com

PFWA

Wiki

Anyone you believe should be there that isn’t? Anyone on the list that shouldn’t be?

Note, Sporting News (SN)has not been released and eventually someone will update the Wiki page and they will all be there.
    Oh? Bowman is a AP 1st team you say? Looks like it's time to go change my sig, where is homestarunner93?

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    This scares me in terms of Peyton Manning winning the MVP. He wasn't that much better than his peers...not to deserve this much of a landslide in voting. Him being the first-teamer is fine, but I was stunned to see it be so much of a runaway.

vCash
    Brady>Manning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    This scares me in terms of Peyton Manning winning the MVP. He wasn't that much better than his peers...not to deserve this much of a landslide in voting. Him being the first-teamer is fine, but I was stunned to see it be so much of a runaway.
    He was on par with Brady and had a worse season than Rodgers statistically. Yet Rodgers receives 4 votes and Brady receives 3 and Manning, well he receives 43.

I'm shocked to see somebody landslide the votes given their performance wasn't even the best in the league. Until I realize that if your name is Peyton Manning that's all you need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Peyton led a better/more productive offense than Rodgers did. It's not always about the individual stats of the QB. Sometimes, as the leader of the offense, the team offensive stats are just as important when it comes to gauging the performance of the QB.
    in that case how did Brady not get on either team despite being one of the most highest scoring offenses of all time?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    in that case how did Brady not get on either team despite being one of the most highest scoring offenses of all time?
    Because the media loves Peyton.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    you could make an argument for any of the 3. there is no right answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    you could make an argument for any of the 3. there is no right answer.
    There is only an argument for Rodgers or Brady. One QB had the best individual season. The other had the most dominant offense.

vCash
    Rodgers was better than Manning this year, but Peterson trumps them both for MVP.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast