Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL All-Pro

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    TD's to INT's clearly show Rodgers had a better season. Passer Rating is also the best measure of efficiency. Yardage totals don't mean anything. No QB has ever lead the league passing and won the super bowl in the same year.

In the end the TD-INT advantage that Rodgers has simply can't be ignored. Guy throws for more TD's and less INT's and its pretty much over on the statistical side of the debate.
    I don't know if it is as simple as TDs and INTs and debate over. But, I guess it is.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I don't know if it is as simple as TDs and INTs and debate over. But, I guess it is.
    It's not be all end all. But considering that Manning holds no significant advantage in Y/A or Comp% I'd say looking at the TD-INT. The debate is over statistically. If you want to say Manning outperformed Rodgers on film then it's plausible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Also LOVE the recognition for Iupati this year, alot of people called that a reach when we took him in the mid 1st.
    Probably because he was a Guard but who really cares if he ends up playing like Steve Hutchinson.

First CB to make the All Pro for the Hawks nice Sherman.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    It's not be all end all. But considering that Manning holds no significant advantage in Y/A or Comp% I'd say looking at the TD-INT. The debate is over statistically. If you want to say Manning outperformed Rodgers on film then it's plausible.
    No, what I say, is while TDs and INTs are very important, the whole body of work makes up a picture of a QBs play. It is what I believe. I have never been for cherry-picking a stat even an important one. Granted, I have done the same on occasion on these forums for the sake of argument, but the whole picture is the picture. In this case, statistically, while Rodgers has the better TD/INT ratio the other factors including the rest of the statistics make it just as likely that Peyton Manning had a better year.

If you want to say because Aaron Rodgers is your guy and was ahead of Peyton Manning in those two categories so lets limit our look at the rest of the stats so you can make your case, I will accept your position. But, understand it is a limited, biased view based on him being your guy, not a search for a/the truth.

Code:
    <PRE>                                                                                                                                             
    Rk                    Tm Age  G GS  QBrec Cmp Att Cmp%  Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A  Y/C   Y/G  Rate   QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD
    1    Peyton Manning* DEN  36 16 16 13-3-0 400 583 68.6 4659 37 6.3  11  1.9  71 8.0  8.4 11.6 291.2 105.8 84.11 21 137 7.49  7.89 3.5   3   3
    3     Aaron Rodgers* GNB  29 16 16 11-5-0 371 552 67.2 4295 39 7.1   8  1.4  73 7.8  8.5 11.6 268.4 108.0 71.69 51 293 6.64  7.33 8.5   2   3
    </PRE>

vCash
    Calvin got 49 out of 50 votes. I wonder who wouldn't vote for him

Welcome Back Mr. Ashley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UofAZ420 View Post
    Calvin got 49 out of 50 votes. I wonder who wouldn't vote for him
    A writer from Chicago maybe?

vCash
    I don't understand why justin smitg fets on there twice but JJ Watt didn't. He made it as a de even though he did most of his damage from the dt position

vCash
    Rodgers holds the advantage in the 3 most important statistical categories. TD's, INT's, Passer Rating. Manning holds the advantage in secondary categories like Yards, Y/A and Comp%. Considering that Rodgers threw 3 less picks. 2 more TD's and had a higher rating I'd say his body of work is more impressive. It's not highway robbery that Manning was voted first team. It's not like Rodgers blew him away, but he played better. And to only receive 4 votes after being the best QB in the league is a little suspect.

vCash
    Total QBR is not something I pay attention to because we don't know how it's calculated. Plus it's something ESPN created so by default it's almost worthless.
    I'm fairly certain they explain everything that goes into it...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68...terback-rating

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/69...-total-qbr-faq

vCash
    Rodgers holds the advantage in the 3 most important statistical categories. TD's, INT's, Passer Rating. Manning holds the advantage in secondary categories like Yards, Y/A and Comp%. Considering that Rodgers threw 3 less picks. 2 more TD's and had a higher rating I'd say his body of work is more impressive. It's not highway robbery that Manning was voted first team. It's not like Rodgers blew him away, but he played better. And to only receive 4 votes after being the best QB in the league is a little suspect.
    While I applaud your resolve, to say yards and completion % are secondary categories and give passer rating a prominent place in your decision making illustrates a lack of understanding. 5 data points make up passer rating, they are TDs, INTs, Yards, completions and attempts. Within the formula, they use the data points in several ratio combinations to come up with the final passer rating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    While I applaud your resolve, to say yards and completion % are secondary categories and give passer rating a prominent place in your decision making illustrates a lack of understanding. 5 data points make up passer rating, they are TDs, INTs, Yards, completions and attempts. Within the formula, they use the data points in several ratio combinations to come up with the final passer rating.
    Well in the rating system you are punished heavily for INT's and rewarded most heavily for TD's. It recognizes what is more important. That's why Rodgers had the higher rating despite Manning having the better completion percentage and Y/A.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    The NFC West with 10 of the 27 players on the AP team. Niiiiiice.
    NFC North had 11 and melton got snubbed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    The NFC West with 10 of the 27 players on the AP team. Niiiiiice.
    I think by 27 you meant 54

vCash
    How did Tebow not make it?

Phillies
    Eagles
    Sixers

vCash
    obviously Manning and Rodgers are arguable but looks good to me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast