Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 70

Thread: NFL All-Pro

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,201
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    TD's to INT's clearly show Rodgers had a better season. Passer Rating is also the best measure of efficiency. Yardage totals don't mean anything. No QB has ever lead the league passing and won the super bowl in the same year.

    In the end the TD-INT advantage that Rodgers has simply can't be ignored. Guy throws for more TD's and less INT's and its pretty much over on the statistical side of the debate.
    I don't know if it is as simple as TDs and INTs and debate over. But, I guess it is.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    867
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I don't know if it is as simple as TDs and INTs and debate over. But, I guess it is.
    It's not be all end all. But considering that Manning holds no significant advantage in Y/A or Comp% I'd say looking at the TD-INT. The debate is over statistically. If you want to say Manning outperformed Rodgers on film then it's plausible.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,622
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Also LOVE the recognition for Iupati this year, alot of people called that a reach when we took him in the mid 1st.
    Probably because he was a Guard but who really cares if he ends up playing like Steve Hutchinson.

    First CB to make the All Pro for the Hawks nice Sherman.


    Just about that action boss.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,201
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    It's not be all end all. But considering that Manning holds no significant advantage in Y/A or Comp% I'd say looking at the TD-INT. The debate is over statistically. If you want to say Manning outperformed Rodgers on film then it's plausible.
    No, what I say, is while TDs and INTs are very important, the whole body of work makes up a picture of a QBs play. It is what I believe. I have never been for cherry-picking a stat even an important one. Granted, I have done the same on occasion on these forums for the sake of argument, but the whole picture is the picture. In this case, statistically, while Rodgers has the better TD/INT ratio the other factors including the rest of the statistics make it just as likely that Peyton Manning had a better year.

    If you want to say because Aaron Rodgers is your guy and was ahead of Peyton Manning in those two categories so lets limit our look at the rest of the stats so you can make your case, I will accept your position. But, understand it is a limited, biased view based on him being your guy, not a search for a/the truth.

    Code:
    <PRE>                                                                                                                                             
    Rk                    Tm Age  G GS  QBrec Cmp Att Cmp%  Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A  Y/C   Y/G  Rate   QBR Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD
    1    Peyton Manning* DEN  36 16 16 13-3-0 400 583 68.6 4659 37 6.3  11  1.9  71 8.0  8.4 11.6 291.2 105.8 84.11 21 137 7.49  7.89 3.5   3   3
    3     Aaron Rodgers* GNB  29 16 16 11-5-0 371 552 67.2 4295 39 7.1   8  1.4  73 7.8  8.5 11.6 268.4 108.0 71.69 51 293 6.64  7.33 8.5   2   3
    </PRE>
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,371
    vCash
    1500
    Calvin got 49 out of 50 votes. I wonder who wouldn't vote for him

    Welcome Back Mr. Ashley

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,201
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by UofAZ420 View Post
    Calvin got 49 out of 50 votes. I wonder who wouldn't vote for him
    A writer from Chicago maybe?
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,621
    vCash
    1500
    I don't understand why justin smitg fets on there twice but JJ Watt didn't. He made it as a de even though he did most of his damage from the dt position

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    867
    vCash
    1500
    Rodgers holds the advantage in the 3 most important statistical categories. TD's, INT's, Passer Rating. Manning holds the advantage in secondary categories like Yards, Y/A and Comp%. Considering that Rodgers threw 3 less picks. 2 more TD's and had a higher rating I'd say his body of work is more impressive. It's not highway robbery that Manning was voted first team. It's not like Rodgers blew him away, but he played better. And to only receive 4 votes after being the best QB in the league is a little suspect.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    18,189
    vCash
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Total QBR is not something I pay attention to because we don't know how it's calculated. Plus it's something ESPN created so by default it's almost worthless.
    I'm fairly certain they explain everything that goes into it...

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68...terback-rating

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/69...-total-qbr-faq

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,201
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Rodgers holds the advantage in the 3 most important statistical categories. TD's, INT's, Passer Rating. Manning holds the advantage in secondary categories like Yards, Y/A and Comp%. Considering that Rodgers threw 3 less picks. 2 more TD's and had a higher rating I'd say his body of work is more impressive. It's not highway robbery that Manning was voted first team. It's not like Rodgers blew him away, but he played better. And to only receive 4 votes after being the best QB in the league is a little suspect.
    While I applaud your resolve, to say yards and completion % are secondary categories and give passer rating a prominent place in your decision making illustrates a lack of understanding. 5 data points make up passer rating, they are TDs, INTs, Yards, completions and attempts. Within the formula, they use the data points in several ratio combinations to come up with the final passer rating.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    867
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    While I applaud your resolve, to say yards and completion % are secondary categories and give passer rating a prominent place in your decision making illustrates a lack of understanding. 5 data points make up passer rating, they are TDs, INTs, Yards, completions and attempts. Within the formula, they use the data points in several ratio combinations to come up with the final passer rating.
    Well in the rating system you are punished heavily for INT's and rewarded most heavily for TD's. It recognizes what is more important. That's why Rodgers had the higher rating despite Manning having the better completion percentage and Y/A.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    71,494
    vCash
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    The NFC West with 10 of the 27 players on the AP team. Niiiiiice.
    NFC North had 11 and melton got snubbed

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16,905
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    The NFC West with 10 of the 27 players on the AP team. Niiiiiice.
    I think by 27 you meant 54

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,393
    vCash
    1500
    How did Tebow not make it?

    Phillies
    Eagles
    Sixers

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    37,462
    vCash
    1255
    obviously Manning and Rodgers are arguable but looks good to me.


Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •