Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL All-Pro

vCash

NFL All-Pro

All-Pro

I tend to put more stock in the All-Pro list than the Pro-Bowl, but this isn’t perfect either. While I believe Rob Gronkowski is the best TE in football, he didn’t earn the honor this year due to his injury.

Anyway, here is the links to Pro Football Writers Association (PFWA) All-NFL Team list and the Associated Press (AP) 1st and 2nd team All-Pro team list.

AP at NFL . com

PFWA

Wiki

Anyone you believe should be there that isn’t? Anyone on the list that shouldn’t be?

Note, Sporting News (SN)has not been released and eventually someone will update the Wiki page and they will all be there.
    Last edited by subroc; 01-12-2013 at 12:27 PM.

vCash
    Once again Justin Smith gets on for both DL positions . Also 3 out of 4 first team AP All Pro LBs LOVE IT.

vCash
    Also LOVE the recognition for Iupati this year, alot of people called that a reach when we took him in the mid 1st.

vCash
    Smith making it for both positions is so dumb.

Suh should have been 1st team IMO. Only DT better this year was Atkins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    ...Suh should have been 1st team IMO. Only DT better this year was Atkins.
    No! Vince Wilfork got it because he earned it. He may benefit from so many prime time games (4) and the voters get a good chance to see him in action. But, they are judging what they see. He is a great player and clearly deserved the recognition and honor this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Smith making it for both positions is so dumb.

Suh should have been 1st team IMO. Only DT better this year was Atkins.
    He plays both and is good enough to make 2nd team for both, why dumb?

vCash
    Why am I not surprised Manning dominates the votes despite being out performed by another QB? The media love affair continues.

vCash
    It's just not fair :cry:!!!!
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Why am I not surprised Manning dominates the votes despite being out performed by another QB? The media love affair continues.
    Who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Who?
    Aaron Rodgers statistically outperformed Manning this season. And on tape. Whatever. It just is what it is. Manning is the most popular player in NFL history.

vCash
    The NFC West with 10 of the 27 players on the AP team. Niiiiiice.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Aaron Rodgers statistically outperformed Manning this season. And on tape. Whatever. It just is what it is. Manning is the most popular player in NFL history.
    Peyton Manning had a higher completion %, threw for more yards, was sacked less and had a better QBR. Rogers threw more TDs and less INTs (BTW, I believe TOs, including INTs are the mortals sin) and had a higher passer rating. Both had 3 GWDs. But, all of that said, I do not see that it is clear that Rodgers outperformed Peyton Manning.

vCash
    I think Rodgers is great and if he was #1 on here, I'd be fine with it.

What do you think of total QBR out of curiosity?
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Peyton Manning had a higher completion %, threw for more yards, was sacked less and had a better QBR. Rogers threw more TDs and less INTs (BTW, I believe TOs, including INTs are the mortals sin) and had a higher passer rating. Both had 3 GWDs. But, all of that said, I do not see that it is clear that Rodgers outperformed Peyton Manning.
    TD's to INT's clearly show Rodgers had a better season. Passer Rating is also the best measure of efficiency. Yardage totals don't mean anything. No QB has ever lead the league passing and won the super bowl in the same year.

In the end the TD-INT advantage that Rodgers has simply can't be ignored. Guy throws for more TD's and less INT's and its pretty much over on the statistical side of the debate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    I think Rodgers is great and if he was #1 on here, I'd be fine with it.

What do you think of total QBR out of curiosity?
    Total QBR is not something I pay attention to because we don't know how it's calculated. Plus it's something ESPN created so by default it's almost worthless.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast