Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the Mets #6 Prospect for 2013?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luis Mateo

0 0%
  • Rafael Montero

2 8.33%
  • Cory Mazzoni

0 0%
  • Hansel Robles

0 0%
  • Cory Vaughn

0 0%
  • Brandon Nimmo

15 62.50%
  • Gavin Cecchini

0 0%
  • Jeurys Familia

3 12.50%
  • Michael Fulmer

4 16.67%
  • Domingo Tapia

0 0%
  • Amed Rosario

0 0%
  • Cesar Puello

0 0%
  • Aderlin Rodriguez

0 0%
  • Darin Gorski

0 0%
  • Collin McHugh

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

2013 PSD Mets Forum #6 Mets Prospect

Vote for who you think is the Mets #6 prospect for 2013.

vCash
    Nimmo is probably the most upside bat in our system. I know he has a lot of questions surrounding him, but if he has a solid/good year this season he can become our top prospect with Wheeler/TDA graduating. He's only 19.

I wouldnt let him slip past 6.

vCash
    Fulmer. He dominated A-ball while Nimmo was only decent in Brooklyn.

vCash
    This one is hard to pick, there are so many pitchers with similar ceilings, then you have guys who have a chance to be regulars in the majors, but not stars. A guy like Rosario is so raw and an unknown but has excellent potential.

Montero is a guy that is so advance even though he has spend only 2 years in the minors, his pitchability, demeanor and control are excellent and secondaries are improving. His fast ball sits in the low 90's and he can hit 95 with it. His change up and slider seem to be both average pitches now. He is a guy given his success that you think will reach his ceiling and even maybe over achieve. One thing that goes against him is his size and that he is is only 6'0'' and obviously has no projection ledt in him

Mateo also seems pretty polished and his fastball has better velocity as he hits 92-95 consistently and can hit 97 mph. His slider is also a plus pitch, but his change up is below average as of now. He is another guy with excellent command and has a bigger frame than Montero at 6'3'' so he may stay a starter long term.

Fulmer is 3 years younger than those guys, but he is pretty polished himself, he has a plus fast ball a breaking pitch that has plus potential. He needs to work on his change up and his command a bit as well.

Familia has a plus plus fastball and his slider is also a bit above average and change up has the potential to be at least average, but his command is just so erratic and is the reason why he is not one of the top 3 pitchers in the system.

Tapia has probably the most dominant pitch of any of these guys in that his fastball is plus plus and has sink to it and batters just can't hit hard or lift as it has heavy sink and he can dial it up to 98 mph. His change has plus potential as well, but his slider is below average. He also has solid command.

Is really hard to choose between these 5 guys as imo they all can be solid mid rotation guys or just pen arms.

Then you have guys like Nimmo and Cecchini both guys that likely can be average or above average at their position, though I think Nimmo will eventually play RF and not CF.

vCash
    I went with Fulmer. #2 potential, and has proved enough at the levels he has played.

vCash
    I will go for Montero here, I think he is the most underrated Mets prospect in the system by fans, though many publications have shown him some love already and the Mets themselves named him pitcher of the year over guys like Wheeler and Harvey.

He does not have the flashy plus plus fastball or the hammer curve and was not a highly touted IFA, but you have to weight in results and this guy has been downright phenomenal in his 2 years as a pro over 6 different leagues.

He is a guy that has solid potential and is likely to reach it imo. Other guys may have better stuff, but this guy just knows how to pitch and the the results show it.

vCash
    Fulmer.

vCash
    Nimmo for the 3rd time

vCash
    Finding Nimmo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Fulmer. He dominated A-ball while Nimmo was only decent in Brooklyn.
    Fulmer really wasn't any better in Savannah than Nimmo was in Brooklyn. Both of those are major pitchers environments.

vCash
    Yeah but Low-A is better conpetition than the NYPL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Yeah but Low-A is better conpetition than the NYPL.
    No doubt, but Nimmo was a little more highly regarded at draft time, and Brooklyn to Savannah is probably the smallest jump in the system. And some seem to think Fulmer could end up a pen arm.

Mainly though, I just wanted to point out the impact of those environments, because I think our bats at those levels routinely get under-rated relative to our arms. In Brooklyn for example, guys like Eudy Pina and Stefan Sabol really had numbers about as impressive as Luis Cessa or Rainy Lara at the same ages, once you account for environment, but they seem to get less attention.

vCash
    I agree, I like those two guys too.

vCash
    I have found Nimmo.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    Fulmer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast