Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    Guys, try not to let this turn into just another copy of the trade ideas thread, otherwise we'll have to move stuff over there and close it, and that's a pain in the ***. Obviously a few trade ideas are inevitable given the nature of the thread - but once it gets beyond general discussion of ET's trade-ability, ie comments like "I think ET should be traded at all costs" and "I'm fine with moving him in a deal for an xyz-type player, but not for less than that", and instead starts becoming just a place for people to throw out trade proposals (especially ones not involving ET), then the thread loses its purpose a bit.

vCash
    been thinkin about this a bit.... turner doesnt have value around the league... at all, and barring a significant increase in productivity over the next season and a half, he wont fetch much in RFA.... at least nothing close to his qualifing offer.

a few questions i have regarding turners future in philly....

would u offer him a qualifying offer at 8.7mil? knowing he wont get near that in RFA, and hes likely to just take that offer? i wouldnt.... unless the sixers want to make a big FA push in 2014, and then theyd have to throw thad away as well, right?

if we dont give evan a qualifying offer in 2014, are we still able to offer him a smaller contract? hed probably be too insulted to re-sign here anyway, if the sixers dont, right?

what would you pay for him if his play stays about the level its been (4mil?)

does anyone think, that turner would be more effective as a 6th man with the freedom of a lou williams, jason terry-type player (ie. just playing his game with the 2nd unit)?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post

would u offer him a qualifying offer at 8.7mil?

if we dont give evan a qualifying offer in 2014, are we still able to offer him a smaller contract? hed probably be too insulted to re-sign here anyway, if the sixers dont, right?

what would you pay for him if his play stays about the level its been (4mil?)

does anyone think, that turner would be more effective as a 6th man with the freedom of a lou williams, jason terry-type player (ie. just playing his game with the 2nd unit)?
    No way they make a qualifying off that high. Turner isn't close to being worth that much.

He's worth $4 mil, but it would be irresponsible for the 76ers to use the cap space on Turner. They need that space to sign a quality perimeter threat that can start.

Turner should be coming off the bench. I truly think the only reason the 76ers are starting him is to boost his value. He's going to get dealt before the deadline.

vCash
    The way he's been playing (for awhile now)...he ain't worth dog doo.

Which really sucks.

Even I pray he'd start looking good for the dodo GM's out there to take him off our hands. This is one instance where I really wish I wasn't so on the nose about him.

vCash
    You are overly dramatic about how bad he is.... To the point that even those who are dissapointed/upset with his play still cant agree with you

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    The way he's been playing (for awhile now)...he ain't worth dog doo.

Which really sucks.

Even I pray he'd start looking good for the dodo GM's out there to take him off our hands. This is one instance where I really wish I wasn't so on the nose about him.
    Your not on the nose about him your simply embarrassing yourself.

2012 allstar

vCash
    Only idiots think ET should be traded. This team needs a PF and a C.
    Thomas Jefferson - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

vCash
    He is averaging 14,7, and 4. Not bad.
    Thomas Jefferson - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

vCash
    ^^ hes really not that good.... the reason we shoulnt trade him isnt because of his production, its because he has absolutely no value around the league, hes overpaid on a rookie wage and has a big qualifying offer that no team would dare touch.... making it extremely risky to keep his RFA rights.

if the team could get value for turner.... or for turner and thad.... hell yes they should trade him. but they wont get anything close to an offer making it worthwhile.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    how could u possibly kno if ET has value around the league? i think you are wrong.

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSF View Post
    He is averaging 14,7, and 4. Not bad.

Again, those "counting" numbers don't mean a damn thing as they just don't tell the whole story. Hopefully those numbers inflate his value and fetch interest from another club. As we've seen in the past there are some fairly ignorant GM's in the NBA. I'm hopeful one of them will give the 76ers a nice player for ET.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    how could u possibly kno if ET has value around the league? i think you are wrong.
    Just my assumption/opinion....

And when i say he doesnt have value, i mean he doesnt have the value to make trading him worthwhile.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    i think the way to start is to name all the teams that is in dire need for a sg...

vCash
    ^^ its the weakest position in the league.... most teams need a 2.

problem is, u also have to find a team that would be willing to offer him that 8million dollar qualifying offer in the summr of 2014.

cause hes likely to sign it cause he wont get more than the MLE on the open market.

gotta pay the troll toll

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789