Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    I don't think the Turner and co. for Millsap is THAT lopsided, but I do think we're giving up more than we have to. As others have stated though, my main issue would be acquiring Millsap with Thad already on the team. It's redundant and ineffective to have two undersized PFs who are around the same skill level. And if we were to swap Thad into that trade to avoid that problem, then why do it at all? Why trade one undersized fringe starter PF for another? And why would Utah do it?

vCash
    Noel stinks, dont want any part of him

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    ull sign an all-star shooting guard? good plan. lol

no, theres no chance turner gets noel.
    I disagree - he's not a can't miss prospect. This is more like a derrick rose michael beasley debate - where there is a drop off from 1 to 2. Chances are teams drafting this high are trying to turn their franchise around and cannot wait for another project. With turner you'd get big 2 with solid skillset - which chances are - will be what the lotto team that missed out on shabazz was trying to accomplish.

I'm not saying it's the best trade but definitely possible.

My thought is, we definitely have richardson another year after this and dorell is looking or minutes so i wouldn't be mad if we traded turner for a project big that could anchor us and provide back up minutes for bynum.

Harden was my original SG plan, but the 2014 free agent class is looking pretty good.

vCash
    no one said hes a cant miss prospect.... im just saying turner wont get him on the sixers

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    how do u kno Thorton would shoot better here? I mean hell he at least has a big man that plays in the post on his team. he has been in the league a littlie while and has been the same, avg player thats not going to change
    Did u just outright ignore what i said i said when bynum gets back and if Thornton is average what does that make Evans?

2012 allstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay511 View Post
    why not this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cjvdfpw

Gay playing with Jrue would be super exciting to watch. And if Bynum can get healthy, I think we'd have an awesome team. Could use some defense tho
    well... thats.. one of those ideas where im not sure it makes us better or wrose

2012 allstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j0nyj0n View Post
    IMO this wouldn't be any different from IGGY where Rudy Gay would be flushing dunks on break aways. He's not great defensively and he'd probably only take away from shots from Jrue - this being important if we want Jrue to mature into that clutch player. Turner would lose his possessions and be even more pissed. ON top of that we already have Thad young as the finisher/dunker.

if anything i think we need someone to back up bynum assuming he will only play like 75% of the season and also can take over when we're down.

What are the chances we trade for noel. people are saying the draft is weak... maybe people care more about proven talent. I'd trade turner for noel + picks and sign an all star SG
    that would affect us how? he wouldnt be on the team

2012 allstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    Did u just outright ignore what i said i said when bynum gets back and if Thornton is average what does that make Evans?
    nowhere did i mention Evans in my post...

i guess u didnt read mine either. Thorton actually has a big man who can score in the post on his team and hes still an avg shooter. Yes Bynum is worlds better than Cousins but its not like thorton is being keyed in on or doubled.

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    nowhere did i mention Evans in my post...

i guess u didnt read mine either. Thorton actually has a big man who can score in the post on his team and hes still an avg shooter. Yes Bynum is worlds better than Cousins but its not like thorton is being keyed in on or doubled.
    Try watching a kings game he gets pretty stiff coverage and it was even worse before DMC got there and i did read your post im just saying im praising Thornton im comparison to tyreke never once did i claim he was anything more than the best wing on the kings and thats not saying much

2012 allstar

vCash
    You make good points. Thad isn't going anywhere because nobody will take that ridiculous contract but at least he's productive.

I understand that Millsap may not be the best fit, but IF Turner is shopped he isn't going to fetch a great player. The Sixers best bet to acquire a decent player for Turner is to target a guy like Millsap that is on an expiring contract with a team that HAS to make a move. I browse the NBA rosters and wonder where Turner fit's and who would give up an asset for him. The list of teams fit to deal for ET seems small.

What NBA team would be interested in taking Evan Turner?

vCash
    ^ all of em.... They just wont all give up anything substantial for him.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    **** Milsap, we already got Thad.. Turner for Afflalo

vCash
    How long is affalo under contract?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    How long is affalo under contract?
    Making $7.8M per year through 2014-2015

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/orlando-magic/arron-afflalo/

vCash