Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

John Mitchell: Trade Evan.

vCash
    Sadly it's true he would thrive so much better at the 1 elsewhere. In typical Philadelphia history fashion he will get traded to someone who will set us back further while we watch his completely shine in his new role

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    im very hesitant about demarcus cousins.... would i trade turner for him? absolutely i would, but id do everything possible to come away with different guys from the kings instead.

i understand cousins talent.... but i read an article not too long ago (maybe last week?) that hes really an illusionist rebounder/rebound theif, and his team stats are actually worse reboundng when hes on the floor than when hes on the bench.... the argument the author made was that hes simply getting the rebounds that his teammates would have also gotten had he not been there.... combine with with his .58blocks per game and his .434 shooting percentage and im gonna try as hard as possible to find a better deal for evan before succumbing to the headache/potential derrick coleman that is demarcus cousins.

and the thing is.... you dont even have to switch teams to find that deal.... its sitting right on the kings roster. they have another guy who theyd like to get some semblance of value for, tyreke evans.... and a dissapointing rookie big, thomas robinson.

a deal i like much better would be along the lines of robisnon and tyreke evans for turner and hawes http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c7so6fn

i dont care much for tyreke evans, at all, but a change of scenery might do him well, and he will either be super cheap to resign, be on a 1-year qualifier, or just leave in free agency/sign and trade.

gives the sixers a chance to aquire young talent, and still be competitive next year, assuming bynum is healthy and plays.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

Id also do thad and nick young for robinson thorton and filler

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

^I'm 99% sure they'd laugh us off the phone at any of those insulting proposals

vCash

Why?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I'd probably do both those trades for 1) T Rob, and 2) cause they should help us finish an even worse record this yr lol. Theres no way I take those deals over Cousins tho. I get the feeling Kings giving him another chance.. dudes been killin it lately.
    What other bigs are out there? Wasnt there a rumor about us tryna make a move for a promising young big man? I guess Im good as long as we not making wack azz short term quick fix moves just to help us squeak into the playoffs...

vCash

@Hydro - Trade value, potential, contracts, etc. Not trying to sound insulting or anything like that. It's just my opinion that guys like Cousins, Evans, and Robinson would have much higher trade values than the guys we could give up for them in those scenarios like Turner, Thad, Hawes, and Nick.

I could maybe see something like Evan or Thad for Tyreke at this point if you wanna go that route. I don't think there's any way in hell Turner gets you Cousins, even with all his personal problems. And they'd be especially dumb to give up Robinson like that already. It would just never happen in my opinion.

vCash
    Yeah I cant see the Thad for T Rob happening.. or even any deal to bring in Cousins(unless we have a lottery pick maybe).. Kings might do the T Rob, Thornton for ET, Hawes tho..
    Last edited by Airevo76; 01-12-2013 at 12:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    @Hydro - Trade value, potential, contracts, etc. Not trying to sound insulting or anything like that. It's just my opinion that guys like Cousins, Evans, and Robinson would have much higher trade values than the guys we could give up for them in those scenarios like Turner, Thad, Hawes, and Nick.

I could maybe see something like Evan or Thad for Tyreke at this point if you wanna go that route. I don't think there's any way in hell Turner gets you Cousins, even with all his personal problems. And they'd be especially dumb to give up Robinson like that already. It would just never happen in my opinion.
    i think wed be giving them enough.... maybe some combo of both deals where we also take back salmons? i also think thad has much more value around the league than we give him credit for (philly fans tend to overvalue and undervaue our own guys very dramatically).

maybe evan and thad for tyreke robinson and salmons.... they ARE gettin value.... and theyre getting out of a very difficult situation with tyreke coming up at the end of the season, and replacing him with (who i believe) is a better player in evan turner, who would be a good guard to pair with firdette and thomas.

doesnt hurt their cap in any way, and surrounds cousins with better character guys who have been to the playoffs and create a culture change for the kings.

theyd be getting off pretty good, thad is a PF who could be a good compliment to cousins, theyd be out of salmons contract, and they dont take on much extra salary except for 1 extra year of Et which actually helps them opposed to extending tyreke, and one extra year of thad, but theyll get much more value than they would with salmons... Plus thats 3 years away.
    Last edited by BChydro86; 01-12-2013 at 01:02 PM.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    i think wed be giving them enough.... maybe some combo of both deals where we also take back salmons? i also think thad has much more value around the league than we give him credit for (philly fans tend to overvalue and undervaue our own guys very dramatically).

maybe evan and thad for tyreke robinson and salmons.... they ARE gettin value.... and theyre getting out of a very difficult situation with tyreke coming up at the end of the season, and replacing him with (who i believe) is a better player in evan turner, who would be a good guard to pair with firdette and thomas.

doesnt hurt their cap in any way, and surrounds cousins with better character guys who have been to the playoffs and create a culture change for the kings.

theyd be getting off pretty good, thad is a PF who could be a good compliment to cousins, theyd be out of
    Not even worth it anymore at that point...

vCash

Why? From the sixers standpoint its great. Cap room, build Round holiday and bynum, and potentially robinson, who i believe just needs 2 seasons of nba experiance to be a big time contributor.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    Sadly it's true he would thrive so much better at the 1 elsewhere. In typical Philadelphia history fashion he will get traded to someone who will set us back further while we watch his completely shine in his new role
    Yeah.

Or not.

vCash
    While I like the idea of DMC or Tyreke because of their potential, I don't think either trade would be feasible.

To me, we don't have any TRADABLE pieces that would net us Cousins, and even if some sort of package around Turner returned Cousins, I'm not so sure a maturation process would take place on our mediocre/bad team without any real strong leadership.

Tyreke is an interesting prospect, but I don't see he and Jrue coexisting nicely given their skill sets and our offense (which needs to change, but that's a different issue). Jrue has been tremendously successful on the ball this season, and I think Tyreke would hurt his effectiveness because the floor spacing would be off. I haven't watched a ton of Evans, but the games I have watched he seems to need the ball to have any effectiveness and just based on his stats he's regressed a little every year.

Robinson I'm certainly not enamored with. He didn't seem to have a particularly impressive offensive arsenal in college, and to me he's just a bulkier slightly taller version of Thad. I mean I haven't watched a ton of him, but I thought he was a little overrated coming out of college and I see him as a career hustle player rather than a consistent offensive threat. Besides that, I don't think Sacramento would want to give up on Robinson so quickly.

vCash
    I was telling every sixer fan I talked to that Turner is still way too inconsistent. He has a stretch of good games, then Bad ones. But HE IS at least a Good person. Doesn't disrupt the team. No way would I deal Turner straight up for Cousins. I mean Cousins isn't CLOSE to the talent, or production of Vucevic. I would deal Turner to get Vuc back before I ever dealt him to get that Fat, Lazy, shiftless Ghetto Gangster that is Demarcus Cousins!!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast