Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskies Alive View Post
    Colangelo is waiting for Memphis.
    and how do you know all this? just wondering

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    and how do you know all this? just wondering
    Probably because they hold all the cards. They have the asset that teams are supposedly interested in.

vCash
    BC is in a very tough spot. The team still needs to play perfect for the rest of the season to make the playoffs, yet you don't want to disturb the good thing that they have going by making big trades.

Bargs' worth is at all-time low, and we really don't need him. As someone pointed out, Lowry/Calderon situation is not going to work long-term, and likely not even for the rest of the season -- Lowry will blow up during the first losing streak.

Best possible option? In my opinion, use Calderon's high current value to offset Bargnani's low one, and sell them together for whatever scraps you can get. Preserve the chemistry, give Lowry a chance to run the team, and hope the young ones continue to develop. Forget about playoffs (which, if we lose Jose, is what we will be doing).

There's gotta be some sucker GM out there that thinks they still might make something out of Bargs.

vCash
    Trade away two of the reason why we're playing better. Calderon and Davis. I don't know about this right now. Trade Bargnani and Kleiza their the only ones not producing for us this season. Just keep the team intact see how far we go. Then in the off season address our weak spots. Also is Ross isn't starting next year I hope he's our 6th man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    Trade away two of the reason why we're playing better. Calderon and Davis. I don't know about this right now. Trade Bargnani and Kleiza their the only ones not producing for us this season. Just keep the team intact see how far we go. Then in the off season address our weak spots. Also is Ross isn't starting next year I hope he's our 6th man.
    who wants players that do not produce?

oh yeah teams who hypothetically speaking have rosters that would complement these players right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post

oh yeah teams who hypothetically speaking have rosters that would complement these players right?
    Teams always love paying millions of dollars for people for don't do anything.

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash

Ok so how do you feel about having Andrea come off the bench for the rest of the season. He could probably be more productive in less minutes. Kleiza gets buried in the rotation behind, Ross, Anderson and Fields. Then in the off season trade Andrea and Amnesty Kleiza.

vCash
    Trade Calderon right now cause his value couldn't get higher. If we could package bargnani with him, it would be great.

vCash
    Ok so how do you feel about having Andrea come off the bench for the rest of the season. He could probably be more productive in less minutes. Kleiza gets buried in the rotation behind, Ross, Anderson and Fields. Then in the off season trade Andrea and Amnesty Kleiza.
    If we can't trade Andrea, I would rather amnesty him.

Kleiza is basically an expiring, don't see the point wasting it on him. He also has a player option, hopefully he doesn't pick it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post

Kleiza is basically an expiring, don't see the point wasting it on him. He also has a player option, hopefully he doesn't pick it up.
    I wouldn't do that. Bargnani has way more value than Kleiza. I don't see Kleiza playing in the NBA anymore after his time with Toronto. He's just too injury plagued, and wildly inconsistent.

vCash
    yeah i would prefer that unless we get a good trade offer for Andrea Bargnani. Possibly in a package with Calderon

Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    that is bad asset managing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8:25064549
    The winning right now is fools gold to me, with the easy schedule and amount of home games. This team is below average and when it's all said and done will most likely be a 10-12 seed which is the worst spot you want to be as an NBA franchise, and where we've been for the last several years even with Bosh.
    It very well could be fools gold. And in the context of 'championship contention' this is a below average unit without question.

However in the context of this team potentially breaking into the perennial playoff tier of NBA teams (like the Pacers and Bulls of the league) is not out of the realm of possibility.

Valanciunas, Lowry, Davis, Delmar and hopefully Ross are already good players relative to their age and experience. We also have no reason to believe that at least 1 or 2 of those players won't become great.

Don't resign B.C if that will make the cautious supporters feel better...trade Calderon if its absolutely necessary - but the young guys must stay.

vCash
    yeah i would prefer that unless we get a good trade offer for Andrea Bargnani. Possibly in a package with Calderon

that is bad asset managing
    well you have to make a choice. you either trade him for far less than you think he's worth, or you sit him the rest of the season and amnesty him. you can't bring him back and disrupt what is developing with this group.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    well you have to make a choice. you either trade him for far less than you think he's worth, or you sit him the rest of the season and amnesty him. you can't bring him back and disrupt what is developing with this group.
    My wishes:

1. trade him
    2. amnesty him

3. disrupt the group

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    My wishes:

1. trade him
    2. amnesty him

3. disrupt the group
    probably the first time we've been in 100% agreement on something. if i could agree by a higher percentage i would.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast