Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i don't feel like Jose is going to ask for that much on his next deal so absolutely why not target him. i think he will have a lot of suitors.
    For Raps to keep him it would take more then the MLE. Think 3 year 18-20 million.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    Smart thing to do is just to put Calderon on the block and see the offers. I'd be dealing him unless the offers are absolute trash. Yea the team is playing better but ultimately where is this team going? The winning right now is fools gold to me, with the easy schedule and amount of home games. This team is below average and when it's all said and done will most likely be a 10-12 seed which is the worst spot you want to be as an NBA franchise, and where we've been for the last several years even with Bosh.

We still have Lowry who is a starting PG anyways. If we had some scrub backup like JL3 as the only PG left then I'd definitely understand keeping Jose, but we need to sell high on him and stack up on an asset or draft pick. We traded a high lotto pick for Lowry, so we should "give him the keys" like we said we would and ride n decide with him the next 2 years.
    All of this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    For Raps to keep him it would take more then the MLE. Think 3 year 18-20 million.
    i agree that's the salary range and in my opinion he will have plenty of options. when i said not that much i just meant it won't be anything crazy like 10+
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    If Jose wants to sign at a discount, no more than 3 years, then I'm all for keeping him.

vCash
    Raptors have given Jose about 50 million dollars till this point. I would hope he could show us some favor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    Raptors have given Jose about 50 million dollars till this point. I would hope he could show us some favor
    What kind of favor and why should he do that? The Raps would have to pay more then the MLE to keep him.

vCash
    Colangelo is waiting for Memphis.

vCash
    I think you try and get rid of Bargnani. Calderon I am all for keeping around as long as BC has a talk with him to find out of he would actually be interested in staying around next year on a reduced salary compared to his current one.

If he is I would keep him because of what he seems to bring to this team. If he isn't interested in coming back then I explore some options with him. I would not be in a rush to ship him out though.

Bargnani is the guy to trade somehow. All I want is another C (backup acceptable) and anything else we can acquire with Bargnani is a bonus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    What kind of favor and why should he do that? The Raps would have to pay more then the MLE to keep him.
    You are probably right, I just think he's such a great team guy BC could convince him that trading him to the Jazz as a rented player for a playoff push would be in both our best intrests... Then he signs back for MLE. It's all we would have for him unless we could find a third party to help sign him. Just a pipe dream of getting Al Jef here...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskies Alive View Post
    Colangelo is waiting for Memphis.
    You think we've made an offer comparable to Washington?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    You think we've made an offer comparable to Washington?
    My source said that BC already made an offer however its up to Memphis.

I think Memphis are waiting to hear a better offer from other teams.

The expiring contract of Calderon and Ed's promise are the main selling point. I think they want also to deal Randolph eventually.

vCash
    do you guys feel amir and ed will continue to perform at this level offensively if you remove jose? he is getting them so many easy looks. not sure if lowry can do that?

vCash
    We need to sell high on Calderon while we can. I've been saying this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djsunyc View Post
    do you guys feel amir and ed will continue to perform at this level offensively if you remove jose? he is getting them so many easy looks. not sure if lowry can do that?
    Answer ... No. Lowry is a better player, but Jose makes the other 4 on the floor better. Our players are starting to get some recognition around the league. Jose is doing what I had hoped Nash would do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    i think you need to deal bargnani to preserve said chemistry, otherwise i completely agree OP.
    I agree with this. Canzano, good thread. We're at the addition by subtraction stage now with Bargnani and getting back a big return isn't essential. He's the only one I think needs to be moved, and mostly so there's no disruption in the flow of the team when he gets back. What I especially don't want though is an attempt to get an "impact" player, or someone that was great a few years ago (Gasol) or is the best of a bad lot of SFs (Gay). We don't need another "Hedo" move. Sink or swim with this roster, try to acquire more picks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast