Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IN-Vince View Post
    Just get rid of Bargs and Jose allow Lowry to assume the role as starting Pg and get a couple picks TPE's and a Jeff Green type guy simple and then amnesty keliza and waive pietrus if you cant move them for picks
    In getting a TPE for Jose (I assume that what you are saying) you really narrow your trading partners... And why exactly does a team under the cap want Jose? I would have to review but I doubt any are making a playoff push.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    In getting a TPE for Jose (I assume that what you are saying) you really narrow your trading partners... And why exactly does a team under the cap want Jose? I would have to review but I doubt any are making a playoff push.
    the only reason i can think of is to get the jump on resigning him in the off-season.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Smart thing to do is just to put Calderon on the block and see the offers. I'd be dealing him unless the offers are absolute trash. Yea the team is playing better but ultimately where is this team going? The winning right now is fools gold to me, with the easy schedule and amount of home games. This team is below average and when it's all said and done will most likely be a 10-12 seed which is the worst spot you want to be as an NBA franchise, and where we've been for the last several years even with Bosh.

We still have Lowry who is a starting PG anyways. If we had some scrub backup like JL3 as the only PG left then I'd definitely understand keeping Jose, but we need to sell high on him and stack up on an asset or draft pick. We traded a high lotto pick for Lowry, so we should "give him the keys" like we said we would and ride n decide with him the next 2 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    the only reason i can think of is to get the jump on resigning him in the off-season.
    Yes, but is Jose the guy you spend money on if you have cap space? The world is your oyster out there in that case.

vCash
    So the consensus is that we'd rather lose Caldy for nothing than parlaying him into some younger better assets? Seems to me we did that already a few years ago to a lesser extent and the whole fan base cried.

Personally, if I could swing a young player with upside and a pick, I do it in a heartbeat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    Smart thing to do is just to put Calderon on the block and see the offers. I'd be dealing him unless the offers are absolute trash. Yea the team is playing better but ultimately where is this team going? The winning right now is fools gold to me, with the easy schedule and amount of home games. This team is below average and when it's all said and done will most likely be a 10-12 seed which is the worst spot you want to be as an NBA franchise, and where we've been for the last several years even with Bosh.

We still have Lowry who is a starting PG anyways. If we had some scrub backup like JL3 as the only PG left then I'd definitely understand keeping Jose, but we need to sell high on him and stack up on an asset or draft pick. We traded a high lotto pick for Lowry, so we should "give him the keys" like we said we would and ride n decide with him the next 2 years.
    Thank you, perfect.

vCash
    Yes, but is Jose the guy you spend money on if you have cap space? The world is your oyster out there in that case.
    when you say "if you have cap space" are you referring to cap space at the time of the trade? or in the off-season?

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Take a look at what you can get for Jose. If the best you can get is similar to what they got for Barbosa (TPE and late 2nd) then let him expire. If you can get a 1st rounder for him or maybe a young player in his first or second season then maybe. If its a trade for somebody who will 'help the team now' its not worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    So the consensus is that we'd rather lose Caldy for nothing than parlaying him into some younger better assets? Seems to me we did that already a few years ago to a lesser extent and the whole fan base cried.
    true. the stakes were wayyy higher there though. half the fan base already thinks there is a better player on the bench waiting to take his place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Take a look at what you can get for Jose. If the best you can get is similar to what they got for Barbosa (TPE and late 2nd) then let him expire. If you can get a 1st rounder for him or maybe a young player in his first or second season then maybe. If its a trade for somebody who will 'help the team now' its not worth it.
    totally agree. if the market doesn't value Calderon very highly keep him.

vCash
    when you say "if you have cap space" are you referring to cap space at the time of the trade? or in the off-season?
    Off-season. When Jose expires.

vCash
    totally agree. if the market doesn't value Calderon very highly keep him.
    It's not even if they don't value him because the Raps may be offered something that seems fair value now and could help the team win more games this season but that wouldn't necesarily be a benefit. Its the type of 'fix' move BC is known for and that everyone seems to love about him but it basically never benefits the team in the long run.

vCash
    i don't feel like Jose is going to ask for that much on his next deal so absolutely why not target him. i think he will have a lot of suitors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post

Personally, if I could swing a young player with upside and a pick, I do it in a heartbeat.
    Don't be fooled people, as well as Jose is playing and helping us win, he will NOT re-sign with us in the off-season.

I love what he brings to our team, but if a 1st rounder/young player can be had for him, then no regrets.

vCash
    The Raps won't have a lot of cap room so there is little chance at any significant free agent signings.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast