Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Whoops, thought you were talking about Melo swap for Love. The chances of getting that type of return is very, very low. It almost never happens.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quite honestly, yes i do think its over.

Losing Love for three months is a killer blow, our last game ricky didnt even look involved or seem to care bringing the ball up the court and i dont blame him. What has happened has sucked, its no ones fault.

If im Glen Taylor though, i have a hard time working out a new deal with Kahn, that is going to be a tough decision and im glad i dont have to make it. But gun to my head, id let him go.

If im the wolves, i play williams 36 minutes a game and tell him to go to work and play through him every game. I tell pekovic he is the second option and at seasons end id offer 4 years 38 million or let him go. And we need to find out what AK wants to do although i think he stays.

This season has been very hard to watch, every game has been hard to watch as you have a constant fear of 'who next?!' ...its hard watching, but we all will continue to watch becase lets face it, as terrible as this is..we love our puppies. But this season has been full of and most likely will continue to be full of this...

vCash
    the worst part about this season, is that its caused all of us to argue over b.s. I don't even have fun coming here anymore, and its directly because we all argue on WHY we are so disappointing this season, while in reality, we all know, and just vent our personal frustrations instead.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    ^

vCash
    I had the T'Wolves fighting for 6th, 7th, or 8th seed but as of now I don't know what to say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c.c. View Post
    I had the T'Wolves fighting for 6th, 7th, or 8th seed but as of now I don't know what to say.
    8th 9th 10th...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Whoops, thought you were talking about Melo swap for Love. The chances of getting that type of return is very, very low. It almost never happens.
    oh i c. that makes more sense now. and i would only move love for that kind of a return. a few teams could have packages like that.
    and your right its been a frustrating season to say the least.

i still say its to early to give up... while we go out and lose games to NOLA we come back for some reason and play teams like SAS tough just watch.

vCash
    Zambonicub's right. I wouldn't be surprised if we beat the Spurs tonight. This team is not like last years's when they just gave up.

AK47 the Dragon Tamer!

vCash
    when healthy, this is a 4th or 5th seed. thats what i put them at, 6th seed at the lowest. Now I am thinking we finish with around the tenth worst record in the league. The veteran leadership of Kirilenko may prevent that from happening though. What all these injuries have resulted in, is a roster full of win now mentality players, without the overall team talent to win now...its like purgatory.

vCash
    You're lying. You told me they would be lucky to make the playoffs. As of now you may have been right, but the above isn't what you originally said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thechom80 View Post
    You're lying. You told me they would be lucky to make the playoffs. As of now you may have been right, but the above isn't what you originally said.
    I have taken some time to think about this because my knee-jerk reaction was to say that it is all over now. The truth is, inasmuch as someone can predict the future, there is no chance this team makes it to the playoffs. There is no way that a team with 9 or ten healthy players can compete, especially when two of those players are Steamer and Amundson. The schedule is too grueling, and players like AK and JJ just won't hold up, and Shved will (has) run out of steam. Our PG's require us to choose between a guy who can defend (Rubio), score (JJ), or neither (Luke).

And to be honest, JJ's defense is far superior to Ricky's offense at the moment. I mean, I love Ricky, but he makes Corey Brewer's stroke look like Ray Allen. I may not have ever seen an NBA player with worse form, or worse results. Far from improving from last year, he has regressed. And his play-making opportunities have suffered because of it.

We have one serviceable SG. One. And he would be a bench player for any other team in this league.

We have 1 serviceable SF. One. And he would be a bench player for any other team in this league.

We have 2 decent PF's.

We have one C.

Barring a trade that takes away one of our PG's, PF's or our only C, this situation will continue until the middle of March when Love and Chase come back. It will take time for those two to get back in game shape, and get their legs under them. In any event, by mid March the toll that all those minutes have taken on the rest of the team will render them worn out and lifeless.

So yes this year is over. The question is what happens going into next year? Does AK pick up his option? I doubt it. Does Pek turn down 4 year/ $50M+ from Portland? I doubt it. Do the wolves match it? Hard to see how when to do so puts us over the cap for a team with more questions than answers. Will FA's come here knowing Love is likely to leave and Rubio can't shoot? Will anyone want to stay if Adelman packs up his tent and goes home?

I'll be the first to say it: I think the Love/Rubio/Pek experiment is over. Our window was this year and next to see if it worked and this year is gone. Next year will start and end with Love trade talk. For better or worse Kahn has to go and this team needs to figure out what its core is going to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigus Dogus View Post
    I have taken some time to think about this because my knee-jerk reaction was to say that it is all over now. The truth is, inasmuch as someone can predict the future, there is no chance this team makes it to the playoffs. There is no way that a team with 9 or ten healthy players can compete, especially when two of those players are Steamer and Amundson. The schedule is too grueling, and players like AK and JJ just won't hold up, and Shved will (has) run out of steam. Our PG's require us to choose between a guy who can defend (Rubio), score (JJ), or neither (Luke).

And to be honest, JJ's defense is far superior to Ricky's offense at the moment. I mean, I love Ricky, but he makes Corey Brewer's stroke look like Ray Allen. I may not have ever seen an NBA player with worse form, or worse results. Far from improving from last year, he has regressed. And his play-making opportunities have suffered because of it.

We have one serviceable SG. One. And he would be a bench player for any other team in this league.

We have 1 serviceable SF. One. And he would be a bench player for any other team in this league.

We have 2 decent PF's.

We have one C.

Barring a trade that takes away one of our PG's, PF's or our only C, this situation will continue until the middle of March when Love and Chase come back. It will take time for those two to get back in game shape, and get their legs under them. In any event, by mid March the toll that all those minutes have taken on the rest of the team will render them worn out and lifeless.

So yes this year is over. The question is what happens going into next year? Does AK pick up his option? I doubt it. Does Pek turn down 4 year/ $50M+ from Portland? I doubt it. Do the wolves match it? Hard to see how when to do so puts us over the cap for a team with more questions than answers. Will FA's come here knowing Love is likely to leave and Rubio can't shoot? Will anyone want to stay if Adelman packs up his tent and goes home?

I'll be the first to say it: I think the Love/Rubio/Pek experiment is over. Our window was this year and next to see if it worked and this year is gone. Next year will start and end with Love trade talk. For better or worse Kahn has to go and this team needs to figure out what its core is going to be.
    oh dear, i think this might be a bit of an over reaction..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    oh dear, i think this might be a bit of an over reaction..
    It might be, but you would have to be confident that the team keeps the core of Love/Rubio/Pek next year and the year after. There is a good chance Pek leaves after this year, and Love after next year (if he can force his way out) or under his own option the following year.

You would also have to be confident that we could not only keep them, but that they will progress and perform like a Big 3. Pek is improving. Love is not, and it may be due to injury or sulking, but he's not. Ricky is definitely not improving. I think Ricky and Love will get here they need to be, but I am not as confident as I once was with Ricky.

You would have to be confident that we will have an above average swing man, shooting guard and reliable backup C. I don't have confidence in any of those things happening. Since Spree and World we simply haven't had one. If we sign Chase that will help, but I don't think he will sign here next year. Shved is fine, but it's hard to visualize him as a full time SG. D Will is not a wing. I'm not confident that Kahn has a good eye for talent, and I'm not confident that Adelman will be back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigus Dogus View Post
    It might be, but you would have to be confident that the team keeps the core of Love/Rubio/Pek next year and the year after. There is a good chance Pek leaves after this year, and Love after next year (if he can force his way out) or under his own option the following year.

You would also have to be confident that we could not only keep them, but that they will progress and perform like a Big 3. Pek is improving. Love is not, and it may be due to injury or sulking, but he's not. Ricky is definitely not improving. I think Ricky and Love will get here they need to be, but I am not as confident as I once was with Ricky.

You would have to be confident that we will have an above average swing man, shooting guard and reliable backup C. I don't have confidence in any of those things happening. Since Spree and World we simply haven't had one. If we sign Chase that will help, but I don't think he will sign here next year. Shved is fine, but it's hard to visualize him as a full time SG. D Will is not a wing. I'm not confident that Kahn has a good eye for talent, and I'm not confident that Adelman will be back.
    I am not as high in Ricky as many here either, but this is not the Ricky we will be seeing come next season. He doesn't trust his knee at all, and hasn't gotten into any situations where he was flowing. Love will be back to being a top 10 player next season, and I have no clue what the Adelman situation will be. I think you are going the worst case scenario route, and right now, I can see why. This is a lost season imo. For the reasons you stated. The guys left are going to be killed with minutes if we can't get an injury exception for Lee, and Roy just freaking retires already so we can fill his spot. The schedule is getting tougher, the losses will start piling up.

vCash
    ^^^^please Hawk, you lead the charge here on Ricky love.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast