Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    524
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    ^^^^please Hawk, you lead the charge here on Ricky love.
    It's ironic that I used to work with a guy named Rick Love and he was the most useless person I ever worked with.


    AK47 the Dragon Tamer!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    5,429
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsteel View Post
    It's ironic that I used to work with a guy named Rick Love and he was the most useless person I ever worked with.
    Are you in the porn industry?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    743
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigus Dogus View Post
    I have taken some time to think about this because my knee-jerk reaction was to say that it is all over now. The truth is, inasmuch as someone can predict the future, there is no chance this team makes it to the playoffs. There is no way that a team with 9 or ten healthy players can compete, especially when two of those players are Steamer and Amundson. The schedule is too grueling, and players like AK and JJ just won't hold up, and Shved will (has) run out of steam. Our PG's require us to choose between a guy who can defend (Rubio), score (JJ), or neither (Luke).

    And to be honest, JJ's defense is far superior to Ricky's offense at the moment. I mean, I love Ricky, but he makes Corey Brewer's stroke look like Ray Allen. I may not have ever seen an NBA player with worse form, or worse results. Far from improving from last year, he has regressed. And his play-making opportunities have suffered because of it.

    We have one serviceable SG. One. And he would be a bench player for any other team in this league.

    We have 1 serviceable SF. One. And he would be a bench player for any other team in this league.

    We have 2 decent PF's.

    We have one C.

    Barring a trade that takes away one of our PG's, PF's or our only C, this situation will continue until the middle of March when Love and Chase come back. It will take time for those two to get back in game shape, and get their legs under them. In any event, by mid March the toll that all those minutes have taken on the rest of the team will render them worn out and lifeless.

    So yes this year is over. The question is what happens going into next year? Does AK pick up his option? I doubt it. Does Pek turn down 4 year/ $50M+ from Portland? I doubt it. Do the wolves match it? Hard to see how when to do so puts us over the cap for a team with more questions than answers. Will FA's come here knowing Love is likely to leave and Rubio can't shoot? Will anyone want to stay if Adelman packs up his tent and goes home?

    I'll be the first to say it: I think the Love/Rubio/Pek experiment is over. Our window was this year and next to see if it worked and this year is gone. Next year will start and end with Love trade talk. For better or worse Kahn has to go and this team needs to figure out what its core is going to be.
    a bit harsh on ricky i think, he's just come back from almost a year on the sidelines. he's obviously limited offensively, but there was a stretch last year where he was scoring on drives and hitting jump shots.

    also, if the 'serviceable SF' you are referring to is AK, you're just flat out wrong to say he'd be a bench player for any other team. he starts on the majority of teams.

    i feel this post may have been written in haste following a fairly embarrassing second half at san an?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In a Hotel with Your Girl
    Posts
    1,237
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ellington19 View Post
    a bit harsh on ricky i think, he's just come back from almost a year on the sidelines. he's obviously limited offensively, but there was a stretch last year where he was scoring on drives and hitting jump shots.

    also, if the 'serviceable SF' you are referring to is AK, you're just flat out wrong to say he'd be a bench player for any other team. he starts on the majority of teams.

    i feel this post may have been written in haste following a fairly embarrassing second half at san an?
    No, AK is included in my two PF's. DC is our serviceable SF.

    There is no doubt that part of my assessment is colored by how depressed this season has made me. At least last year we had big wins and strung together great performances. But my assessment is realistic in that this season is lost. Short of a miracle acquisition this club will be too worn down and too far behind if and when Love returns. As for Ricky, again my assessment assumes he will get better, but I can't see it happening this year, and assuming we can't keep Pek and AK and Chase and Adelman, and keep Love happy next year, then I think its time for plan B.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,835
    vCash
    2500
    The process of a rebuild...

    Get young talent in, get rid of bad contracts
    2009-2011
    Kahn did a pretty good job of doing this

    Put together a team that shows promise
    2011-2012 was a team that showed great promise. Love rose to a borderline superstar, rookie Ricky Rubio showed brilliance. The team contended for a playoff spot before injuries befuddled the season.

    Build on the promising team and add veterans
    Kahn did a decent job. He added solid veterans in Kirilenko, Cunningham, Chase...and took a calculated risk on Roy.

    The plan really seems fine to me, but the basketball gods fukked us royaly this year.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,219
    vCash
    1500
    I do have to say I am annoyed by people who chastise others for being "classic Minnesota fans" or whatever with regards to certain players and disappear themselves when the season gets rough.

    Maybe I'm letting my frustrations get the best of me here, but as long as that team goes out there and plays hard like it did tonight, I'm going to keep watching and keep rooting for them even if the upper lottery is looking far more likely than the playoffs.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    743
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigus Dogus View Post
    No, AK is included in my two PF's. DC is our serviceable SF.

    There is no doubt that part of my assessment is colored by how depressed this season has made me. At least last year we had big wins and strung together great performances. But my assessment is realistic in that this season is lost. Short of a miracle acquisition this club will be too worn down and too far behind if and when Love returns. As for Ricky, again my assessment assumes he will get better, but I can't see it happening this year, and assuming we can't keep Pek and AK and Chase and Adelman, and keep Love happy next year, then I think its time for plan B.
    Agree with all of this.

    Is there a plan B though?

    Being a wolves fan is just a real kick in the nuts.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,637
    vCash
    1500
    ricky's game is geared for creating shots for open shooters and pick n roll - if he was in the starting lineup he would be with schved (a rookie whose game fits to a degree with rubio), ak47, and dante cunningham - this is a HUGE dropoff from ricky being in the game with say chase bud at sg and klove at pf - both very very good outside shooters. right now we simply do not have the starting sg and pf that we need. not having adelman on the bench is a huge issue for us also. i think he is one of the top coaches in the league at adapting to injuries, etc. and keep the team moving forward. i am down and i think the losses will pile up w/o adelman but i do think ricky's game will improve in a few weeks but we really do need luke and jj playing well to have a chance

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    223
    vCash
    1500
    Turn out the lights, the party's over... most disappointing season I've ever ever experienced as a Wolves fan. I'm also a Dallas Cowboys fan though, so I'm fairly use to being teased by "potential."
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    Stop talking playoffs, that is just stupid.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Twolves View Post
    Turn out the lights, the party's over... most disappointing season I've ever ever experienced as a Wolves fan. I'm also a Dallas Cowboys fan though, so I'm fairly use to being teased by "potential."
    Gross

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,533
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    ^^^^please Hawk, you lead the charge here on Ricky love.
    Not really man. Some of the fans in the Wolves forum think he is a superstar in the making. I see such a large flaw in his game, it will limit his ceiling.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19,369
    vCash
    1500
    Your sig is from last year. I made that quote LAST year.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    Vancouver is the best city in North America and that's not just my opinion we win awards for it all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    K Love is basically TT with a shot and better passing.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    31
    vCash
    1500
    With one word, yes.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    1,524
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Not really man. Some of the fans in the Wolves forum think he is a superstar in the making. I see such a large flaw in his game, it will limit his ceiling.
    I'm not sure if people really imagined him as a superstar, maybe more like a unique role player. Something like Pekovic, he obviously can't lead a team, but he's one of the rare true centers.

    Wolves United

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,316
    vCash
    1500
    when he was right last year (rubio) he didnt really need to be able to score his passing and defense are what make him special. hes most def not a "role player" i see him more like a better passing way better defensive really worse shooting steve nash.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •