Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is it over already?

I had such high hopes for this season. It all started to go downhill when Love felt the need tp express that he was frustrated with losing. We know that, already man. How do you think the fans feel? I wasn't even too worried about Budinger and Roy, I thought, "yeah we'll be fine once Love and Rubio are here. We cam hang on until then." Now Love is gone for potentially 3 months. Rubio is still not himself. Nagging injuries keep arising. The team couldn't hold a big lead against a bottom feeder. The Blazers are hot (despite losing tonight). This season felt like a for sure thing. Playoffs were going to be the easy part. Now we're probably staring at a lottery pick. What on Earth could we realistically trade for that could save this year? We're cursed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    Stop talking playoffs, that is just stupid.

vCash
    sort of.

these injuries are a nightmare.

cunningham and ridnour are good role players, but neither should be starting.

as much as i like shved, if we were injury-free he wouldn't/shouldn't play so many minutes.

love, roy, bud, lee are out long term. rubio's not yet himself, and i don't think we'll see the real ricky until next year. barrea seems to get injured every 5 games.

i don't know if i've given up on the season, but i wanna see them start taking some risks. the only thing that will make ricky return to his pre-injury form is time and minutes. so give him minutes. we also gotta give williams more minutes. while we're hurt, keep giving shved mins.

i think if this season is going to be saved, a move needs to be made. i'm not sure what that move is, but we're not making playoffs if we continue to play the way we have recently.

vCash
    when you only have 9 players to play each night the other team is at an advantage before the tipoff.

i say you fight till the deadline and see where your at if the season is down the drain you trade AK he might not want to reup and he would bring back the most.

im a big love hater so i would also move him in the offseason for a carmelo or paul type return. id go youth and depth like the Nugs over aging stars like the lakers.

as a cubs fan let me tell you... the twolves are not cursed.

vCash
    I said this to my friend last night. The only player that could save us now is either Lebron/Durant. We all know that isn't happening.

So now comes the question: Do we really want to make the playoffs as probably an 8 seed and get swept or lose in 5 to OKC or LA Clips?

I would much rather get back into the lottery and hope (which won't happen as it is rigged) we get a good chance at a top 5 pick again. I am done with this season already, yes it may be early but these injuries have killed this season. Hang on for the year and hope for a good pick and come back strong and healthy next season!

vCash
    I could actually see another rebuild around the corner. Kahn could very well be done after this year, and if that is the case, the new GM will come in with a brand new vision.

vCash

Is it over already?

yes

vCash
    I don't think we can put this on Kahn. This is one of the unluckiest years I have ever seen for a team. Everybody gets hurt. Everybody. Losing Roy and Budinger hurt a lot. Losing Love is a death blow. You guys are right, Rubio isn't himself and may not be all year. We aren't going to win with the lineup we are throwing out there right now. Not going to happen.

I'm hopeful we can make a move and land some sort of player that can make a difference and maybe keep us hovering around .500 until Love gets back.

Next year, with Pek and AK being free agents, who knows what this team will look like. That being said, what Kahn put togther for this year was actually pretty impressive before injuries screwed this team. I like what he did, and hope he doesn't get axed because of injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunger78 View Post
    I don't think we can put this on Kahn. This is one of the unluckiest years I have ever seen for a team. Everybody gets hurt. Everybody. Losing Roy and Budinger hurt a lot. Losing Love is a death blow. You guys are right, Rubio isn't himself and may not be all year. We aren't going to win with the lineup we are throwing out there right now. Not going to happen.

I'm hopeful we can make a move and land some sort of player that can make a difference and maybe keep us hovering around .500 until Love gets back.

Next year, with Pek and AK being free agents, who knows what this team will look like. That being said, what Kahn put togther for this year was actually pretty impressive before injuries screwed this team. I like what he did, and hope he doesn't get axed because of injuries.
    Yeah, I definitely would not put this on Kahn either. He's done a great job. AK and Shved are awesome pick ups. Trading Ellington for Dante was a solid move. Budinger was also a nice addition until he went down. You can't blame Kahn for Love, Rubio, Budinger, Roy, and Lee getting hurt. He put together a team that should be at least the 5th seed if totally healthy. Think about how deep this team is even when Love is out. It's just not enough when Love and every other player is hurt.

However, Kahn should of given Love a 5 year deal, that was just silly.

I've calmed down a bit since last night, and I'm still going to remain hopeful, but the light to the playoffs is looking really dim.

I'm also not for a lottery pick. We've had lottery picks for eight years and all we truly have to show for it is Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio. It's a playoffs or bust year for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    Stop talking playoffs, that is just stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    when you only have 9 players to play each night the other team is at an advantage before the tipoff.

i say you fight till the deadline and see where your at if the season is down the drain you trade AK he might not want to reup and he would bring back the most.

im a big love hater so i would also move him in the offseason for a carmelo or paul type return. id go youth and depth like the Nugs over aging stars like the lakers.

as a cubs fan let me tell you... the twolves are not cursed.
    gross

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    this is essentially a lost season. The injuries are crippling, and we have just started to get into the tough part of our schedule. We have guys who should be playing 18 mpg starting and playing 30+ mpg in Shved, Ridnour, and Dante, and have nobody on this team outside Pek who can score the ball, and he is limited to what he can get via having to have the ball given to him in the right spots.

If we win 35 games, I would be surprised. As mentioned above, we probably don't see the real Ricky until next year. We play him off the ball way too much, not enough minutes to get going, and he doesn't even appear interested in shooting the ball.

Love and Budinger are gone for 25+ games. Lee for good. Ricky is not himself, and may not be this season. Our coach is missing. We had a lineup of Lou/Steamer on the floor last night. Why are we not just throwing Williams to the wolves per say, and letting him play big minutes?

I get why everyone is mad at Love, even though I totally agree with everything he said, he simply gave that interview to the wrong person at the wrong time. He will need to learn from it. No way on earth we trade him this season, his value couldn't be lower, and we need to see what a healthy team and healthy Love look like before making a knee jerk trade to retstart this whole team.

As a Wolves faithful, I will still watch the games, though I am not very excited about this team going forward.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    we will have a guaranteed 240 game missed due to injury this season. Phoenix had 22 last season total. The Nets had 200 or so, which led the NBA by a large margin. The 240 don't include any other injuries that might occur.

How are we this unlucky??

vCash
    how do you not like what the nugs got back for carmelo? thats just stupid not to like what they got.

vCash
    Pretty sure it's over, but I still have hopes, especially if we make a couple of decent moves.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    I wont give up on them! Ya, it sucks, but we have some decent players, but we cant have Luke playing 40 minutes, Schved playing the whole game. We need to give them rest. Ricky needs to figure out where the basket is, and start throwing the ball at it, miss or not.

Kahn, may still make a big move to help save the season, if we can just stay in contention until the trade dead line next month. If the Wolves do fall behind, I think they should leave Williams in and let him get 30+ minutes a game, and let him figure out his shot.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

vCash
    i think it is over, yes. the roy experiment was worth a try but the budinger injury really hurt us as that was the fall-back plan.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast