Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Izzy's the same age as Freeney. Izzy has really only had two good seasons (per PFF) in rush defense, and he's only had one season that stands out as a pass rusher while at DE.

Freeney, unquestionably, is the better player. With Pep being solid in the run, you'd play Freeney at RDE in passing situations, and you'd bring in Wootton to play LDE in rushing situations. Pep goes opposite of those guys. It's not going to happen, but it's a way better idea than you think it is.
    At this point in their careers, you couldnt be any more wrong..

And to answer the question about PFF, here were their grades from this season:

Freeney: -4.9 run defense, +1.7 pass rush, +1.0 pass coverage, +0.8 penalty = -1.4 overall

Izzy: +7.5 run defense, +10.7 pass rush, +0.5 pass coverage, -0.9 penalty = +17.8 overall

In 70 less snaps than Julius Peppers, Izzy had the same amount of QB hurries with 37. He graded out as ELITE, not just good. No way I take Freeney over him at this stage. The run defense alone is huge..

vCash
    I hope Izzy comes back.

vCash
    Titus Young was back at the keyboard on Friday morning and said, "Oh I'm not done, if y'all going to cut me let me go. I'm tired of the threats."

"Never needed the money Give me a dollar and a ball bet I come back #HallofFame," Young added. This comes on the heels of a Tuesday rant on Twitter where Young threatened to quit if he didn't get the ball anymore. Head coach Jim Schwartz commented on the matter on Wednesday by saying, "You wear your uniform 24 hours a day now, everybody's aware of that. We obviously still got some ground to cover there." This may be the straw that ends up breaking the camel's back for Young in Detroit, and he may actually be fine with that.
    Would you sign Titus Young to an incentive laden deal giving him a chance to stick it to his former team that he apparently hates? Of course if he is released. I think he would make a great weapon for Jay that wouldn't break the bank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Would you sign Titus Young to an incentive laden deal giving him a chance to stick it to his former team that he apparently hates? Of course if he is released. I think he would make a great weapon for Jay that wouldn't break the bank.
    No. The guy has a few years to grow up before I want him on this team.

vCash
    ESPN Chicago confirms that Bears WR Johnny Knox will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason.
    We read in-season speculation that Knox's salary would "toll" to 2013 because he spent 2012 on PUP, but that won't happen. After missing the entire season with a fractured vertebrae in his back, Knox's health status is the biggest concern for his market appeal. The 26-year-old is a quality deep threat when healthy.
    The Bears attempted to sign impending free agent DT Henry Melton to an in-season extension, but were unable to strike a deal.
    Melton's stance seems to suggest he'll be pursuing big money either as a free agent or from the Bears. With 13 sacks over the past two seasons and a team-high 24 QB pressures in 2012, Melton's certainly has earned it. Still just 26, Melton will be a coveted three-technique tackle if he hits the market. The Bears are expected to offer him a four-year deal, but financial terms are unknown.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    I would...believe it or not I think brandon marshall could actually help him with his attitude...kind of like what chris carter was for randy moss ( no im not comparing young to moss or marshall to carter just an analogy)

vCash
    hmmmm might just have to tag Melton instead

vCash
    Melton is going to want a mega deal..I bet we tag him. We might want to actually.

vCash
    I'd be happy with a offensive line of: Webb, Barrett Jones, Garza, Carimi, Sebastian Vollmer

Also, there are going to be some decent players cut from some teams I'm thinking. Dallas, Pitt, Jets, Saints are all gonna have to shed some salary so I'm thinking that we could find some pretty decent pieces that way.
    http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-team-cap-space-6/

vCash
    I haven't been on in a few weeks, so if the topic has come and gone forgive me. Fake girlfriend jokes aside, what do you guys think of Manti Te'o? I've seen several mock drafts having him going to the Bears. If that were to happen, what would you guys think?

vCash
    I'd much rather have Ogletree

vCash
    I'm very unsure how this works since the lockout, but he is a RFA I believe (3 years of service), so could we offer him the QA, and most likely then tender Melton when he turns it down? Then if he were to go elsewhere we'd have to get compensation for him, wouldn't we?

vCash
    he is actually an UFA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    I'd be happy with a offensive line of: Webb, Barrett Jones, Garza, Carimi, Sebastian Vollmer

Also, there are going to be some decent players cut from some teams I'm thinking. Dallas, Pitt, Jets, Saints are all gonna have to shed some salary so I'm thinking that we could find some pretty decent pieces that way.
    http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-team-cap-space-6/
    Other then swing tackle or water boy, I don't want Webb on this team, let alone start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackOfBlades View Post
    he is actually an UFA
    He is? Makes sense then since I assume it would have been talked about if he was an RFA. Thanks.

Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast