Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    That would be a waste of a pick... never played WR let alone put up elite numbers at the WR position, I'd rather grab a WR in FA then in the draft. If you're grabbing a WR he is starting over Alshon... if not wait till FA.
    FA is before the draft...

I agree he is a waste of a 2nd but his speed can take the top of defenses which we need and IMO this draft isn't stocked with super append at WR. He's a good later round pick, any WR we bring in is set to be our 4th guy anyway

our future

vCash
    Impending free agent LT Branden Albert says the notion of him moving inside to guard is "ludicrous."
    "I'm not a guard. Point blank," said Albert. "I haven't played guard since college. It kind of upsets me a lot. I'll be the first one to tell you. Sometimes it bothers me." Albert is dead-set on getting left tackle money on the open market. He added that he has yet to talk to Andy Reid or new GM John Dorsey, but says his agent and Dorsey have talked. The Chiefs could conceivably let Albert walk and draft a left tackle with the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.
    -- roto

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDBearsFan View Post
    -- roto

emery needs to do everything he can to sign this guy if he indeed hits the market

vCash
    Sign'em up..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackOfBlades View Post
    emery needs to do everything he can to sign this guy if he indeed hits the market
    I like this guy a lot but an very worried about his back problems this year (see: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2008&genpos=OG )

I know I have previously said we should take a good look at Jake Long despite injuries but that is based on two assumptions - one is that he would be falling "below market" because of injury concerns (and the apparent sense that the Dolphins want to "go in another direction" ... something that did not work out too well for them with Brandon Marshall) and the other is that a triceps injury (especially one that has already surgically repaired - he is expected to be in OTAs) is more predictable and managable.

Back injuries - especially on guys as tall as 6'6" worry me. And while the Dolphins are throwing around numbers like $6 mil for Long, the Chiefs seem to be looking at tagging Albert

vCash
    Can't honestly believe some of you think drafting a QB in the 2nd round is a good idea... how about we address our glaring weaknesses most notably the offensive line and TE position before we worry about who is our back up QB.
    Good idea. Then if Cutler sucks, or has a couple more concussions and starts pondering hanging em up, we'll have no contingency plan in place beyond stopgap FA's and Matt Blanchard.

vCash
    That would be a waste of a pick... never played WR let alone put up elite numbers at the WR position, I'd rather grab a WR in FA then in the draft. If you're grabbing a WR he is starting over Alshon... if not wait till FA.
    He played WR and RB the last half of the season and looked damn good doing it. The Bears need a guy that has the speed to get deep and beat coverages and open things up for Marshall, Jeffery and Bennett.

Robinson would be a great weapon to add to this offense with all that he can bring. That is not a waste of a pick at all. Right now, I would lean towards the first two picks being Ogletree in the first and Aboushi in the second. But if the Bears grab one or two OL in FA then I wouldn't hesitate grabbing Robinson or another deep threat in the 2nd round.

I also don't understand your last sentence just because the Bears draft a WR, they don't have to start over Alshon. Look at the Packers, they grabbed Cobb a few years back because they knew what he could bring, the more weapons Cutler has, the better chance he has to succeed.

The Bears just hired an offensive coach, now the Bears need to have more weapons than what they have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Good idea. Then if Cutler sucks, or has a couple more concussions and starts pondering hanging em up, we'll have no contingency plan in place beyond stopgap FA's and Matt Blanchard.

You're right; the better plan is to waste second round picks on mediocre QB prospects. Jimmy Clausen sends you his regards.

vCash
    I personally just hate this QB class. I think Glennon will end up being the first QB drafted when draft night comes. I think Tyler Wilson is a project that could turn out well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    I personally just hate this QB class. I think Glennon will end up being the first QB drafted when draft night comes. I think Tyler Wilson is a project that could turn out well.
    Agreed, it's ****. Glennon isn't even a 1st rounder in most drafts imo.

Throwing a 2nd round pick on a QB in this draft just cause we have questions with Jay is probably one of the stupidest things I've read here. And this is the same forum that brought us Rzzza and deyace.

This draft does not have good QBs. We also have a surplus of other needs. We also don't even have a third round pick.

Not to mention, if the scenario of Cutler not staying here beyond next year. Even if it is true, then people might as well accept a full rebuild because some half-*** QB we pick in the 2nd round pick won't change our fortunes. In which case, we'll eventually have to draft a new one in the FIRST round. The problem is that people have become too enamored with last year's class and think that this will now happen every year. It won't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    You're right; the better plan is to waste second round picks on mediocre QB prospects. Jimmy Clausen sends you his regards.
    Sorry dude, Russell Wilson and the plethora of non-first round QB's that have had success just jumped Jimmy Clausen and the scouts who thought he'd be elite (I personally always thought he would suck).

I understand not wanting to take one because we have way more pressing needs but to say we shouldn't because of Jimmy ****ing Clausen, or any other failure is simply short-sighted and naive. We have to believe that our coaching staff can polish a stone into a gem. And beyond that, failures have happened a shitload in pretty much every round so it's just sort of irrelevant.

If we don't take a QB, I'll be perfectly content. But if we do, I'll understand why.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Sorry dude, Russell Wilson and the plethora of non-first round QB's that have had success just jumped Jimmy Clausen and the scouts who thought he'd be elite (I personally always thought he would suck).

I understand not wanting to take one because we have way more pressing needs but to say we shouldn't because of Jimmy ****ing Clausen, or any other failure is simply short-sighted and naive. We have to believe that our coaching staff can polish a stone into a gem. And beyond that, failures have happened a shitload in pretty much every round so it's just sort of irrelevant.

If we don't take a QB, I'll be perfectly content. But if we do, I'll understand why.
    "Plethora of non-1st round QB's that have had success?" Please start listing them. There are FAR fewer than you think. Again, this belief that Wilson having success should indicate that there are such players in every draft is crazy. Wilson is the exception, not the rule. So is Brady.

I'm not saying we shouldn't because of Clausen. I'm saying we shouldn't because the QB prospects in this draft are of Jimmy Clausen quality. Last year's draft was historic in regard to QB play. Expecting it to happen in every draft, now THAT'S naive.

Again, we do not have the luxury to spend a high pick on a QB nor is this a draft where it would even be worth doing that. Nor is it even a pressing need. Not to mention the fear of Cutler quitting cause of his concussions is pretty insane and not the most logical reason to be fearful for his future. And if we decide to move from Cutler because he doesn't cut it (not pun intended), THEN we can truly invest on a QB prospect.

vCash
    Blanchard has some nice attributes that Trestman should be able to mold into something servicable. He has an impressive collegiate career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Wilson is my favorite QB in this class, but we have too many needs to draft him in the 2nd where think he will go

vCash
    I'm not the biggest Cutler fan on here, but even I wouldn't use a high pick on a QB unless someone like Geno Smith dropped to round 2 which won't happen. I'd rather we use the resources we have to help Cutler so he doesn't have any excuses after this season. If Cutler gets hurt next year and misses any length of time the season is most likely over regardless if we have Blanchard or Nassib on the team next year. If this was a better class for QB's I'd be more open to it, but I'm not that high on many people. If Cutler sucks next year use what resources you have to go after a higher level QB like Manziel or Bridgewater

Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast