Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ry31walsh View Post
    I love Cutler but I think adding a 2nd round QB wouldn't be the worst idea ever. If you look at the last two years at drafted QBs they have had a lot of success early in there careers. General thought has always been young QBs struggle. I'm not saying that still isn't true. But RG3, Wilson, Newton, Kaepernick. Dalton, Luck, Tannenhill, Ponder, all have success in there careers this point. The other guys draft in the first 3 rounds Weeden, Foles, Locker and Mallett. Maybe this is just an anomoly and its just two great draft classes. But I think there is something to not having any film QB and being able to surprise defense. I feel much better going into the season with a 2nd round backup QB based on the success other young player have had the last two years.

As much as I love Cutler, hes set to be a FA. The bigger thing for me is hes gotten hurt. Hes had concussions. Guys get hurt its a risk of the game. QB is such an important position why not have a rock solid plan B?
    The biggest problem with this logic is that this draft is pretty terrible for QB's in general and with the Bears having several other needs, it'd be kind of a waste to take one in the 2nd round.

Also, while I think we're probably in good hands with Emery as far as scouting goes, I'd always be worried about ending up with the next Blaine Gabbert rather than some of the other names mentioned. For every stud QB taken lately, there are plenty of bad ones too...and missing on one in the draft can set your team back in a big way.

Cutler's still under control with the Bears for 3 more years (if they wanna use the Franchise Tag). I have no problem with the Bears drafting one eventually and developing them behind Cutler if they decide not to re-sign him long term, but this probably isn't the right offseason for that.

vCash
    Besides a pass catching tight end, the Bears have enough weapons to work with. Tice was a joke at calling plays. He neglected to utalize Forte enough in the passing game. Jeffrey, Bennett, and Forte missed a lot of time through injuries. I would trade down in the first round for maybe a high second. With the additional picks I would go after Fluker or Jones from Alabama, or either of the top TE's in the draft. With an additional pick I would pick another offensive lineman. Impact players always drop in the draft. Bears should draft the best available receiver in the fourth.

vCash
    I wouldn't draft a QB in the 2nd round b/c we don't have a 3rd rounder, and there are much more pressing needs.

As for peoples mocks, I try to leave my commentary out of it out of respect for everyone, but some of these are just ridiculous. As mentioned above...Julius Peppers has already restructured his contract once;he's not going to do that again. Johnny Knox? There's been no indication that he'll ever play football again. Also, anyone thinking that Melton will take ANYTHING lower than 18+ million guaranteed is sorely mistaken. The cost of his franchise tag is $8.3 mil for a DT, and in the case with Forte, the Bears essentially gave him two years worth of guarantees of being franchised, with incentives. That means the absolute minimum he'd sign for is 8.3 mil + 125% (or however they calculate it for the 2nd year), and even that's a longshot.

With that being said, I'm looking forward to this offseason because there just seems to be a whole lot of unknown. I don't expect to see any radical changes but the whole Urlacher deal is sort of in the air at best, and you never really know what Phil's thinking, to his credit.

Should be a fun offseason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    The idea of drafting a QB is good, we just don't have many picks. I like the idea of trading back, but I'm not sure how much a 20th would bring in return. It probably depends on how the draft comes together. If we traded back and gained a 2nd, and if the QB wasn't a reach, I'd be ok with Emery drafting one.

But like DG stated, this isn't the best draft for QB's and we have several needs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    You don't want to get mixed in with people of CSSTL's kind.

See?
    thanks for the heads up

vCash
    I think you wait until next year to draft a QB. You can franchise Cutler if you can't come to a deal with him. If you extend him, then you don't draft a QB.

I had a couple of mocks with QB, but I have changed my stance a little.

vCash
    If the Bears look at WR in the second round, Denard Robinson may be a great spot for the deep threat that can KR/PR and even play out of the backfield in different sets. He weighed in at 196 and over 5'10" at the senior bowl. He is working out at WR and showed some skills during the season as a RB. If he shows his top end speed at the combine (projected 4.3s) he would be a great pick in the second round.

vCash
    Personally I have no clue what to expect this offseason...most of the time when there is a new headcoach with all this new staff the player turnover is very high. I keep seeing all of these mocks with us resigning a lot of our guys. I have a feeling we will be spending a lot in FA, not all on big names but I am guessing trestman will want his own guys in the backup roles.

vCash
    Yeah there will definitely be some turnover on this roster. The main guy I want back is Henry Melton.

vCash
    Alright let's get this Harbaugh Bowl over with so we can get some moves going this offseason!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Alright let's get this Harbaugh Bowl over with so we can get some moves going this offseason!!
    the thing that sucks the most is that FA doesnt start until march 12th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackOfBlades View Post
    the thing that sucks the most is that FA doesnt start until march 12th
    Seriously? I knew there was a little bit of a grace period, but over a month after the Super Bowl??

Why does the month of Feb have to suck so much?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    If the Bears look at WR in the second round, Denard Robinson may be a great spot for the deep threat that can KR/PR and even play out of the backfield in different sets. He weighed in at 196 and over 5'10" at the senior bowl. He is working out at WR and showed some skills during the season as a RB. If he shows his top end speed at the combine (projected 4.3s) he would be a great pick in the second round.
    He doesn't have a grasp for the route tree yet, raw receiver. I think he will have great combine numbers, but I'm looking toward the 4th for him.

I've had him on radar all year. He's over being a QB mentally which is good. He can run plays from scrimmage like harvin and Cobb, he can return, and in a pinch could come in as Qab allowing us to carry just two QBs

our future

vCash
    Can't honestly believe some of you think drafting a QB in the 2nd round is a good idea... how about we address our glaring weaknesses most notably the offensive line and TE position before we worry about who is our back up QB.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post

That would be a waste of a pick... never played WR let alone put up elite numbers at the WR position, I'd rather grab a WR in FA then in the draft. If you're grabbing a WR he is starting over Alshon... if not wait till FA.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast