Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    I am guessing that we don't have the money to go get a real LT this offseason? That is not good at all considering we have had to live with Webb nation for the last two years....

Heaven help us. Anything less than Clady or Albert won't do. :cry:

vCash
    With the way that our cap situation is, we need to do some major restructuring of the contracts of Tillman and Peppers. I want them both on the team, but their salaries has to come down. Also I would put Hester in there also. I think it depends on how much money Peppers was already paid, to whether he would be more willing to restructure.

Having Peppers to just go after the QB every snap, would open up things even more. Right now it seems like he waits to make sure that the RB doesn't have the ball and then rushes which is good for the most part. But I would love to see him in beast mode for a season, just going after the QB. Let our LBs look for the run. If not a whole season, let Peppers do it for half of our games. He would put up J.J. Watt type numbers on sacks.

vCash
    One cheaper low-risk reward is Bryant McKinnie. He had weight and personal issues early in the year, but is starting at LT in the playoffs. Completely shut down Freeney last weekend.

Low-risk because he would come cheap, 2mil a year? I think he would just need constant motivation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ho_va2006 View Post
    One cheaper low-risk reward is Bryant McKinnie. He had weight and personal issues early in the year, but is starting at LT in the playoffs. Completely shut down Freeney last weekend.

Low-risk because he would come cheap, 2mil a year? I think he would just need constant motivation.
    The Same Bryant McKinnie that had to be benched when, then Carolina Panther Julius Peppers, dominated him?

I'll roll with Webb if that's the case since he can only get better while McKinnie has plateau'd.
    Broncos be like:

vCash
    Also the same guy who was a top 10 pick and made it to the pro bow in 2009. He is only 33 and if he could stay humble and in shape he would be a ton better that Webb.

Webb is a talentless garbage bench warmer.
    Mckinnie is full of talent, just has been fat and unmmotivated... until recently.

vCash
    He's played pretty well today

vCash
    What are peppers cap numbers the rest of his contract?

And what do you guys think would be a fair restructure?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post

Go to sporttrac and he's not going to restructure already did

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post

Off the top of my head its something like 17 if we keep him, 9 if we release him.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Talked about in the last thread... And I kinda shot it down, but have been rethinking it, Sebastian Vollmer at LT.

Is he the best candidate for the switch from RT to LT? What's the evidence for this thought?

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ho_va2006 View Post
    Talked about in the last thread... And I kinda shot it down, but have been rethinking it, Sebastian Vollmer at LT.

Is he the best candidate for the switch from RT to LT? What's the evidence for this thought?
    I think he is an OK option to allow for it, but only if you already have a good O line, we have a terrible O line that will only get worse The only one that might improve IMO is Carimi and that looks like from what I saw last year a long shot.

that being said, I think that he had played LT a few times in his carear but obviously they didnt see him as one in NE. why they drafted Solder

but I dont like taking that type of risk on a player when we dont have a single proven guy on our line at this point. so asking one to take a risk and switch is a scary thought, and he will camand alot of money IMO.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I think he is an OK option to allow for it, but only if you already have a good O line, we have a terrible O line that will only get worse The only one that might improve IMO is Carimi and that looks like from what I saw last year a long shot.

that being said, I think that he had played LT a few times in his carear but obviously they didnt see him as one in NE. why they drafted Solder

but I dont like taking that type of risk on a player when we dont have a single proven guy on our line at this point. so asking one to take a risk and switch is a scary thought, and he will camand alot of money IMO.
    Vollmer was drafted to play RT. He got moved to LT due to injury and did very well. And Solder being drafted tells me NE cares about having a very good OL to protect Brady, not that Vollmer can't play LT.

I think Vollmer is the most realistic signing because he will be cheaper than the big names, young enough to make a continual impact, and can always be moved Bach to RT and be a major upgrade if he doesn't work at LT.

vCash
    I see CHI overhauling their defense under a new coach. Along those lines, I think Peppers is on the decline, mostly due to being limited by his planter fasciatis. I wouldn't mind seeing Pep let go and CHI kicking the tires on any of Johnson, Avril, Freeney, or Osi to see if they can be signed and CHI save a few million.

I also think it is time to move on from Urlacher. He is very smart, but also in major physical decline. I would much rather see CHI draft a MLB early and just move on. I don't see Urlacher getting better at all. And coaches get payed to develop players, not other players. Having Briggs next to a rookie should be plenty of help and guidance, also.

vCash
    They have to pay 9 mil to cut Peppers, and if they replace him with another name who will likely cost upwards of 5 mil, they don't really save anything. And are stuck with a possibly inferior player. Doesn't make sense to me.

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast