Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: The Believers

vCash
    I am not sure what there is to discuss anymore. Until the Lakers dump d'Antoni, this team is going nowhere and as each day/game passes...it will only be a deeper hole for the next coach to dig the spirit of this franchise out of. Personally...it really isn't worth my time or energy to follow this team anymore.

+ Flush d'Antoni and any coach associated with him or Mike Brown...!!! Not sure what coach worth anything will enter into this $h1t lagoon...but whomever it is, I prefer someone with a connection to the Lakers and who understands the winning tradition. No more retreads or trendy bull$h!tters and system coaches. I don't care who at this point...Brian Shaw, Kurt Rambis, Byron Scott, Derek Fisher...hell, even Kobe if that is what it takes to get his all-or-nothing ball-hogging show off the court.

+ Trade Dwight...for picks, anything at this stage. Shoulder injury or not...he's not cut out for the big time and he's not coming back. He's not worth rationalizing...the Lakers have to dump him.

+ Sit down with Kobe and let him know that the Lakers have to turn the page. If he wants to be part of the transition and break the all-time scoring record in a Laker uniform...then fine. But if Kobe is determined to match Jordan for rings...then that is an individual pursuit that has to happen elsewhere...trade him for picks or simply let him go when his contract is up. The franchise is paying him, and other players, way too much.

+ Metta, Pau, Blake, Nash, etc...listen to any legitimate offer for cheap, young talent and/or draft picks. Despite what people may or may not think of the players...there are plenty of playoff teams that may feel a player short of being able to seriously challenge Miami and OKC for a title...THESE PLAYERS DO HAVE VALUE! The team salary and luxury tax hit is absurd...this team needs to dump salary and start the hard road to rebuild itself through the draft. There are no shortcuts to a title anymore.

+ Lastly...there needs to be a dramatic change in the front office. I have no problem with Mitch...he has done a fine job coming in after Jerry West and it is not his fault for the lack of production or chemistry in the locker room. However...and this is a stretch to consider becoming reality...the Lakers need someone to restore credibility to the front office after this mess. Jim Buss is going to take this team to the Clipperville of the 1980s...it will be ugly. If Sacramento/Seattle is serious is landing PJ for a FO position...then the Lakers need to fix what they screwed up and find every possible way to get PJ back into the Laker family. If Phil won't/can't coach...then it makes sense to allow him the ability to be President of Basketball Operations for the Lakers.

That is what I think needs to be done. As sad as I am to see this Laker team struggle...I am tired from the emotional toll watching this team making bad move after bad move over the last few years. I think the team screwed the pooch with how they handled Odom and Fisher, how they dumped all of Phil's staff and assistants from the championship years to go with...Mike Brown...a clown of a coach that had to outsource the offense to an assistant at time outs?! The Phil Jackson / Mike d'Antoni mess only confirms that this team is rudderless. It starts at the top...the Buss family doesn't deserve my time or my money to watch a legendary franchise go to pot. I love my Lakers as much as everyone here...but this is just absurd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    If you are an intelligent laker fan you would not want to make the playoffs with the current roster...

any kind of hope or encouraging 'this or that" will only lead to the FO standing pat and not doing what needs to be done and that is a complete and utter blow up of the roster

this team isn't going anywhere fast without a massive makeover... the kobe era is pretty much over
    Post 112 ... any retorts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    Post 112 ... any retorts?
    I agree.. If we were to somehow make the playoffs we would be crushed in the first round anyway..

vCash
    what makes it worse is that even if we miss the playoffs (which we will) and end up with a lottery pick, its not protected.

we get nothing.

vCash
    the kobe era was good while it lasted. Give the guy his statue and retired jersey now, make him a coach and move on.

vCash
    i believe i can fly....i believe i can touch the sky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    i believe i can fly....i believe i can touch the sky.
    I think about it every night and day... just Spread my wings and fly away....

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    **** all the rest!!! I still BELIEVE!
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    **** all the rest!!! I still BELIEVE!
    I will bump your post in 2 weeks.

vCash
    Bump it when we're mathematically out of it
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    I don't feel good about our chances anymore, 7-8th place teams though are definitely helping us at the moment to stick around
    #Chow!

vCash
    I'm only 20 but I've been a Laker fan since birth, for real. It's insane how no matter whats happening in my life at the moment, my mood carries itself with this team. In the midst of college, playin' ball, chasin' girls left and right, the Lakeshow is the only facet of my life that makes me lose sleep.

As much as I tell myself I'll stop watching every game and stop following them, I have to admit that it's impossible. I sat through the Kwame/Mihm years, and I've lived through and enjoyed 5 Kobe titles. I can't necessarily say that I am sticking with Jim, D'Antoni, Pau, Dwight, etc. But what I can say is that I am sticking with the LAKERS. The Lakers name. The Laker brand. The Laker image. The Laker history. I love this team to death and I genuinely believe that over time, these waves of nonsensical losing will dissipate and PnG will return to dominance - sooner rather than later.

For as long as I've had the mental fortitude to watch and learn from great Laker players and coaches, I have seen the organization turn it around rather quickly following a stretch of mediocrity. I have no reason to think that they won't battle back from this utterly embarrassing season.

Just gotta believe and stick with them. Because when it gets better - and it will - the taste of victory will be all the more sweet after enduring every minute of the losing. That's what real fans do.
    Last edited by LaLa_Land; 01-24-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314