Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,062
    vCash
    1500

    Why is Windows 8 getting such a bad rep?

    i admit. i was reluctant to buy a new PC, and was actually thinking about buying a Mac, because of all the bad reviews Windows 8 got. but i was forced to use it because my sister gave me a new laptop as a Christmas gift. and to be honest, i LOVE Windows 8. is it a little confusing confusing when i first got it? yes...as is anything new and unfamiliar. but once i figured it out, my experience with Windows 8 is better than my experience with any other Windows before it.

    and I have never had a PC that booted of this fast before. windows 8 literally boots right up as soon as you press the power button. there's no loading screen or anything. it literally goes straight to the login screen.

    and windows 8 gives you a lot more ways to customize and personalize it than any windows before it. when i first got it, it took me more than an hour to set up not because it really takes that long to set up but because of all the different ways you can customize it.


    "Hard" Kobe getting shook by a role player

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South West Philly
    Posts
    1,628
    vCash
    1500
    I hope I can find a cheap upgrade somewhere.

    My dad is buying his girl a laptop for christmas. I only looked for pc's with win 8 installed. Haven't messed with it yet, but it looks pretty awesome.

    Win 7 IMO was awesome. On XP levels.
    [CENTER]

    "I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

    newjawn.com-medicinal music

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South West Philly
    Posts
    1,628
    vCash
    1500
    Besides the fanboydom of Apple users is ridiculous. No matter what Windows does, they'll always feel Mac is superior, when in reality, it isn't.
    [CENTER]

    "I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

    newjawn.com-medicinal music

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,574
    vCash
    1500
    I have always been tempted to use windows 8 but the deal breaker for me is that I cant multi task one app takes up the whole screen I like seening 3 programs on one screen.


    Introducing the Eagles O-Line

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South West Philly
    Posts
    1,628
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    I have always been tempted to use windows 8 but the deal breaker for me is that I cant multi task one app takes up the whole screen I like seening 3 programs on one screen.
    you can go back to classic windows with one click..... the windows 8 theme, is just that a theme.
    [CENTER]

    "I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

    newjawn.com-medicinal music

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,062
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    I have always been tempted to use windows 8 but the deal breaker for me is that I cant multi task one app takes up the whole screen I like seening 3 programs on one screen.
    that's not true. i'm using Windows 8 right now, and i'm using Google Chrome and Skype app at the same time. at the moment, i am typing this post while video chatting at the same time. also with Windows 8, you can adjust how much of the screen each app takes up. so if you're going to buy something with windows 8, i suggest you to buy something with as big of a screen as possible.
    Last edited by FOBolous; 12-18-2012 at 06:37 PM.


    "Hard" Kobe getting shook by a role player

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,574
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    that's not true. i'm using Windows 8 right now, and i'm using Google Chrome and Skype app at the same time. at the moment, i am typing this post while video chatting at the same time. also with Windows 8, you can adjust how much of the screen each app takes up. so if you're going to buy something with windows 8, i suggest you to buy something with as big of a screen as possible.
    I know you can run several app in the background but can you like physically see both of the screen side by side everytime I use it I click on a app and it takes up the whole screen. Are you running them in the desktop or in the start screen with all the tiles.


    Introducing the Eagles O-Line

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,062
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    I know you can run several app in the background but can you like physically see both of the screen side by side everytime I use it I click on a app and it takes up the whole screen. Are you running them in the desktop or in the start screen with all the tiles.
    yes that's what i mean. i physically see both of the screen side by side and i can adjust how much the screen each app or software takes up. and i'm running them on BOTH the desktop and the start screen.

    it's very easy to do this...open an app...let's say skype or the chrome brower in Windows 8 mode. move your mouse to the very top of the screen and the arrow should turn into a hand. once it turns into a hand, left click, and while you're still left clicking...move the mouse to change how the app/window is positioned. after you do that, a grey bar should appear and you can use the grey bar to adjust how much of the screen the app/window takes up. this is what my screen look like right now:

    http://i48.tinypic.com/vpvym9.jpg

    see how i have skype on the right with Chrome taking up most of my screen?


    "Hard" Kobe getting shook by a role player

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,470
    vCash
    1500
    Because people don't like change.

    I personally haven't tried win 8 and i've already decided to install win 7 if I do get one. There is something about windows that you don't want to change. I want every path to be the same so I don't have to waste my time clicking and clicking trying to find that one thing. It was hard for me to move on from XP a while back. I then got used to win7.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    ^ESPN and PSD Agrees

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,062
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekhelxD View Post
    Because people don't like change.

    I personally haven't tried win 8 and i've already decided to install win 7 if I do get one. There is something about windows that you don't want to change. I want every path to be the same so I don't have to waste my time clicking and clicking trying to find that one thing. It was hard for me to move on from XP a while back. I then got used to win7.
    you can choose between classic windows and new UII windows. instead of the old pop up menu when you press "start," start in windows 8 takes you to the new windows and its there were all your programs and apps are at. i switch between the two because there are some things that i prefer to do on classic windows and some things i prefer to do on the new windows.


    "Hard" Kobe getting shook by a role player

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,794
    vCash
    1500
    Honestly because its not Windows 7. Win7 has been such a massive success, both home and corporate, that Win8 can only go downhill if it doesn't knock the ball out of the park.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,586
    vCash
    1500
    I don't like the interface at all. I just don't see what the benefit of windows 8 is.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    33,834
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I don't like the interface at all. I just don't see what the benefit of windows 8 is.
    Agree.

    I hate the tiles thing.

    I'll probably be going to Mac when I need a new computer.
    I'm In.



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,794
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Agree.

    I hate the tiles thing.

    I'll probably be going to Mac when I need a new computer.
    Microsoft is betting the farm on touch screen computers taking off but they are probably going to lose that bet. The novelty of them as warn off and (this is purely my opinion) no one wants a touch screen bigger than a tablet. People don't get desktops because they want to be able to touch the screen to manipulate things.

    So the RT version of Win8 will have a much better chance of succeeding for that reason than the full version of Win8.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,586
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Microsoft is betting the farm on touch screen computers taking off but they are probably going to lose that bet. The novelty of them as warn off and (this is purely my opinion) no one wants a touch screen bigger than a tablet. People don't get desktops because they want to be able to touch the screen to manipulate things.

    So the RT version of Win8 will have a much better chance of succeeding for that reason than the full version of Win8.
    I actually own a tablet PC from my days as an engineering major (was required), and I NEVER use the tablet feature of it. It's just not convenient.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •