Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    This argument would be far more valid if Canadians weren't inexplicably fascinated with the bowel movements of hockey executives
    if the Leafs end up missing the playoffs which i've come to expect as a leafs fan, this would be a perfect opportunity for the Jays to take over the city

vCash
    Heyman says:

#bluejays seek back-end pen guy. a setup man who can close. krod, lindstrom, capps, oviedo, valverde, farnsworth, lyon fit

vCash
    Uhh, would you want ANY of those guys setting up or closing for your team?

vCash
    I might have taken KRod as a bounceback candidate if he weren't battling legal trouble right now. Maybe Lindstrom since he's pitched effectively in the AL East recently but I wouldn't want him closing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Uhh, would you want ANY of those guys setting up or closing for your team?
    MAYBE Lindstrom, but I lean nope.

vCash
    **** it, bring back Oliver.

vCash
    Soriano just signed 2 years 28M plus vesting option that could make the deal 3/42. So yea being a top reliever can get you big bucks in FA and its always best to cash in on long term deal. And in soriano's case, he cashed in on his big season like "most" predicted. And like I said he would
    Last edited by JaysFan87; 01-15-2013 at 04:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    Soriano just signed 2 years 28M plus vesting option that could make the deal 3/42. So yea being a top reliever can get you big bucks in FA and its always best to cash in on long term deal. And in soriano's case, he cashed in on his big season like "most" predicted. And like I said he would
    It's basically a 1 year extension for him, with a vesting option for another, on a new team. He didn't exactly get a big raise like Zack Greinke or Josh Hamilton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    It's basically a 1 year extension for him, with a vesting option for another, on a new team. He didn't exactly get a big raise like Zack Greinke or Josh Hamilton.
    Yes it acts like a one year extension but the security of the extra year plus the vesting option after the year he had is far far more valueable than remaining with the yankees as a setup guy and then going to FA next year as a guy 1 year removed from closing.

Also the option vests if he finishes 120 games over the next 2 years which is resonably attainable.

All in all it was a pretty good decision to go to FA this year instead of next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    Yes it acts like a one year extension but the security of the extra year plus the vesting option after the year he had is far far more valueable than remaining with the yankees as a setup guy and then going to FA next year as a guy 1 year removed from closing.

Also the option vests if he finishes 120 games over the next 2 years which is resonably attainable.

All in all it was a pretty good decision to go to FA this year instead of next year.
    Yeah, I thought from my previous post it was clear I understood how the contract works. It's pretty straight forward. All I was saying was that it's not really a raise. It's a nice deal for Soriano but it isn't some blockbuster achievement for Boras.

vCash
    Job security is important...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flafson View Post
    Job security is important...
    Soriano was not likely to be out of MLB in the next 2-3 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Yeah, I thought from my previous post it was clear I understood how the contract works. It's pretty straight forward. All I was saying was that it's not really a raise. It's a nice deal for Soriano but it isn't some blockbuster achievement for Boras.
    For Boras? I disagree. When your client puts you in that kind of position and you still manage to find him a closing gig (presumably) on a better contract for a better team I'd certainly call that a hell of an achievement.

vCash
    Still think it was risky to opt out... the Nationals definitely overpayed

vCash
    and why did they change the site? it was perfectly fine

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast