Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    Wow!!!! Spring training is very soon

Felt like it was yesterday the Giants won the WS
    once ST starts, things go even slower

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    Spring training can't come soon enough

vCash
    I think Rogers are going to air all spring training matches right?

vCash
    Even like, the team owned YES Network don't broadcast all of the Yankees' spring training games. And for good reason, really.

vCash
    no news on oliver eh? outlook; not so good. good for a.a though, showing oliver who's boss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flafson View Post
    I think Rogers are going to air all spring training matches right?
    I haven't heard that, and I doubt it would be the case. It will probably be 1 or 2 as per usual.

vCash
    FWIW, Jamie Campbell tweeted that he expected to see more televised ST games this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Korac View Post
    I haven't heard that, and I doubt it would be the case. It will probably be 1 or 2 as per usual.
    I bet they play more then that. Rogers/Bell want content. They will carry a few extra. Probably later in spring training. Maybe one or two games earlier to showcase a few youngsters. They won't carry all of them however.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by albertajaysfan View Post
    I bet they play more then that. Rogers/Bell want content. They will carry a few extra. Probably later in spring training. Maybe one or two games earlier to showcase a few youngsters. They won't carry all of them however.
    I hope you're right, though I'm still skeptical. Would love to see more of em though, especially towards the end of ST.

vCash
    There's no need to send an entire crew down there in the early/middle parts of March to work crappy Spring ball. I'm sure Sportsnet will be picking up most of the WBC games anyways, games that are actually of some consequence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    There's no need to send an entire crew down there in the early/middle parts of March to work crappy Spring ball. I'm sure Sportsnet will be picking up most of the WBC games anyways, games that are actually of some consequence.
    If Sportsnet can send down 50-100 people to New York to sit outside of a hotel (around the clock) to report everytime Donald Fehr or Gary Bettman takes a bathroom break, I'm sure they could get a crew down to Florida for Spring Training. The YES network broadcasts several of the Yankee pre-season games.
    Last edited by mtf; 01-14-2013 at 06:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    If Sportsnet can send down 50-100 people to New York to sit outside of a hotel (around the clock) to report everytime Donald Fehr or Gary Bettman takes a bathroom break, I'm sure they could get a crew down to Florida for Spring Training. The YES network broadcasts the several of the Yankee pre-season games.
    This.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=8844008

the Toronto Blue Jays, who also settled with outfielder Colby Rasmus on a one-year deal worth $4,675,000.

vCash
    If Sportsnet can send down 50-100 people to New York to sit outside of a hotel (around the clock) to report everytime Donald Fehr or Gary Bettman takes a bathroom break, I'm sure they could get a crew down to Florida for Spring Training. The YES network broadcasts several of the Yankee pre-season games.
    I'm sure they can too, I just can't imagine why it'd be profitable for them.

I don't think the YES network stuff is relevant here either, that's a network worth 3 billion based pretty much solely on their coverage of the team in the freakin name. What's the programming alternative for them? It's like Yogi Berra interviews, Deron Williams ballwashing, or Yankees spring training games. I'm sure the soccer and whatnot Sportsnet already pays to broadcast is far more efficient than sending a crew down to broadcast Spring Training baseball.

vCash
    This argument would be far more valid if Canadians weren't inexplicably fascinated with the bowel movements of hockey executives

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast