Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torontosports10 View Post
    Look at every player we acquired. 4-5 year term at most, which never happens with star FAs. I. A perfect world, they sign here for that term and we keep the farm. But this isn't a perfect world, so when I look at our MLB depth chart, I get ****ing excited. For once we are looking at our now instead of our potential future.

He'll we still have a ton of prospects to follow as well. Sanchez, Norris, Smoral, Osuna, Cardona, Davis,Nolin, Anderson, Tirado, Stroman, and my sleeper is AJ Jiminez. Lot of lower leval specs, but they have to start somewhere
    Just because the shorter term seems more palatable doesn't mean it's the better deal. I mean, who'd prefer the shorter term if it's 5/96 vs 6/106 with Reyes or 3/48 vs 4/58 with Buehrle, especially when the extra year is on the front end where you're likely to get the most production?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    ...a weak ball club that was still much better than the '11 Marlins. As far as the rest of that paragraph, I don't feel the need to respond to your retort to **** I never said.
    Well I mean, speaking hypothetically here wouldn't it have been possible to have Yu Darvish and Jose Reyes under contract going into this offseason instead of having to surrender assets and eat Mark Buehrle's contract?
    And I got to believe (hope) you're just arguing for the sake of it when you're using the Jays record over the Marlins record as a reason he would have signed here.

vCash
    Just because the shorter term seems more palatable doesn't mean it's the better deal. I mean, who'd prefer the shorter term if it's 5/96 vs 6/106 with Reyes or 3/48 vs 4/58 with Buehrle, especially when the extra year is on the front end where you're likely to get the most production?
    Never said it was the better deal, but with the way Beeston and AA so business it's easy to connect the dots.
    "If beer has never touched your lips, if you never dropped the mitts or packed a lip, you are not a hockey player, and if you are, chances are your not a very good one"

Toddy Bertuzzi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torontosports10 View Post
    Look at every player we acquired. 4-5 year term at most, which never happens with star FAs. I. A perfect world, they sign here for that term and we keep the farm. But this isn't a perfect world, so when I look at our MLB depth chart, I get ****ing excited. For once we are looking at our now instead of our potential future.

Hell we still have a ton of prospects to follow as well. Sanchez, Norris, Smoral, Osuna, Cardona, Davis,Nolin, Anderson, Tirado, Stroman, and my sleeper is AJ Jiminez. Lot of lower leval specs, but they have to start somewhere
    The way our roster is set now, those bolded above will have at 2-3 years in the minors to mature and progress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherqtip420 View Post
    The way our roster is set now, those bolded above will have at 2-3 years in the minors to mature and progress.
    Marcus Stroman will NOT be in the minors for two to three years.

vCash
    It's frustrating that Toronto fans always throw up that excuse as if this is somehow an inferior sports city. Give em enough money and players will play ball here, especially someone like Reyes who grew up seeing a guy like Tony Fernandez hailed as a hero back home. ****, it's not like he signed with the Yankees either, Florida had lost 90 games in 2011.
    I agree about the FA's don't want to sign here **** but when Reyes signed with Miami we had a young SS in Escobar who was suppose to break out and obviously didn't, plus MB only made sense if we were a legit threat for the next couple years. Who's to say if we never had Escobar during last years off-season we wouldn't of went after Reyes.
    Last edited by LanceUpperCut; 02-03-2013 at 08:57 AM.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I agree about the FA don't want sign here **** but when Reyes signed with Miami we had a young SS in Escobar who was suppose to break out and obviously didn't plus MB only made since if we were a legit threat for the next couple years. Who's to say if we never had Escobar during last years off-season we wouldn't of went after Reyes.
    Good point.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riderfan60 View Post
    Marcus Stroman will NOT be in the minors for two to three years.
    Weren't people saying the same thing with Deck Mcguire?

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fatkev78 View Post
    And I got to believe (hope) you're just arguing for the sake of it when you're using the Jays record over the Marlins record as a reason he would have signed here.
    Huh? Someone (maybe you maybe not, I dunno) said free agents weren't signing here because the major league team performed poorly. I pointed out that Reyes signed with the Marlins, who were much worse that season. Pretty simple, no?

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I agree about the FA don't want sign here **** but when Reyes signed with Miami we had a young SS in Escobar who was suppose to break out and obviously didn't plus MB only made since if we were a legit threat for the next couple years. Who's to say if we never had Escobar during last years off-season we wouldn't of went after Reyes.
    This is true. Certainly would have been able to get more value out of Escobar had you traded him last offseason, but yeah, he did look like poised to hold down SS for a while back then.

vCash
    Melky and Rogers will not be participating in the WBC. Good news.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsjaysfan88 View Post
    Melky and Rogers will not be participating in the WBC. Good news.
    Why not?

vCash
    The Mets really love our relievers...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post

No. People said he would need to work on things in the minors for a year or two.

People said that Stroman could have been in the bullpen straight out of college last year. ANd also his stuff si so advanced that had he been 2-3 inches taller would have gone in the top 5-10 picks in teh draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Stroman would have been called up in September last year if not for the suspension.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipmike View Post
    Why not?
    They want the time to assimilate with the organization and their new team during the spring

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast