Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    anybody see last night when he just stopped guarding durant and durant put up a 3? he really needs to put in more effort. that was an embarrassing play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRMAR72 View Post
    Amen
    But none of the then will ever be any where close to have the number of rings that he already has and particularly the number of years playing at a high level. They can laugh now that Kobe is playing again with players that lack the heart and the quality to fight back. His coach is a clear imbecile and the new owner a egomaniac ready to destroy the empire that his father built! Easy for haters to come out now and critice him. I wonder where these people were when we were dancing for the 5 rings that he helped to bring to us? WHere oh where? Wade 2 rings. Lerun 1! We will see who has the last laugh! Kobe's determination will again shut down many more haters again!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    I agree with this to an extent, but aside from Howard, who even fumbles it from time to time, the rest of the team is not dependable offensively.
    The Lakers offense is actually good. And it might run smoother if other guys got into a rythem. I don't think just by Kobe all if a sudden starting to play d that it will automatically turn things around. But I think the rest of the guys will fall in line and start rotating as well.

It starts from the top. If I see my boss always shows up late, I'm going to think it's okay to show up late too. Kobes teammates watch video. They know he is not trying on that end. Its natural to feel "if he doesn't do it, why should I?"

vCash
    Yes, BIG YES. Kobe looks lazy on D. More this season than any other. I blame it on his age. He saves it for the Offensive possessions and it kills us on D.

vCash
    Kobe has kind of given up and you can tell by his effort and body language the last few games. No point in.him going hard on those knees playing for absolutely nothing.

vCash
    You guys who are posting about being fair weather.... I started this post and love the lakers and Kobe. It was not fair weather nor was it Kobe bashing. I have been literally watching ONLY Kobe on defense for 3 games. It is unbelievable how he plays D and the other team scores 3 after 3 pointer from his man. There are many switches and variables but it is crystal clear that he is not playing defense. Most of the other guards are focused and he sags off his man, they cover to help and then a pass crosses to a wide open shot.

He plays extremely hard for certain stretches and acts like he's pissed at everyone and that he is a big time stopper. This has been an eye opener.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DODGERS&LAKERS View Post
    The Lakers offense is actually good. And it might run smoother if other guys got into a rythem. I don't think just by Kobe all if a sudden starting to play d that it will automatically turn things around. But I think the rest of the guys will fall in line and start rotating as well.

It starts from the top. If I see my boss always shows up late, I'm going to think it's okay to show up late too. Kobes teammates watch video. They know he is not trying on that end. Its natural to feel "if he doesn't do it, why should I?"
    It looks "good" because Kobe has been putting up the points. But other than that, it's been more or less subpar. Gasol's at an all time low. Howard has been consistent to an extent but not the 2nd option we were hoping for. Nash has been timid offensively and Artest...well I don't need to say anything about him. And don't get me started about the bench.

Look at Miami for example. James and Wade don't have to put up buckets. Bosh has been mr. Reliable as well as Ray Allen and the other role players.

I'm not saying Kobe has no blame on the defensive end. He does. But part of that stems from him having to carry that much load offensively. If the other guys would just knock down shots, it'll be a little bit better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DODGERS&LAKERS View Post

Exactly. He has been setting a horrible example for a couple of years now. Some Lakers fans refuse to call him out for anything though.

You can still respect Kobe for his highly efficient offensive game while getting on him for his atrocious defense. Those two are not mutually exclusive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    It looks "good" because Kobe has been putting up the points. But other than that, it's been more or less subpar. Gasol's at an all time low. Howard has been consistent to an extent but not the 2nd option we were hoping for. Nash has been timid offensively and Artest...well I don't need to say anything about him. And don't get me started about the bench.

Look at Miami for example. James and Wade don't have to put up buckets. Bosh has been mr. Reliable as well as Ray Allen and the other role players.

I'm not saying Kobe has no blame on the defensive end. He does. But part of that stems from him having to carry that much load offensively. If the other guys would just knock down shots, it'll be a little bit better.
    He doesn't "have" to carry that much of an offensive load. If the team (d'antoni) wasn't so ****ing focused on scoring 115 pts at all costs, then Kobe would not need to put up so many points.

Instead, if they focused on defense first, and then worried about the offense second, we would be in much better shape. Say what you want about Mike Brown, but at least he slowed the pace down and actually gave us a shot to win games. This current team cannot possibly sustain consistent play for 48 minutes when they are running up and down the court.

-Either way, Kobe needs to play better defense. Enough with the excuses. You would think that if this year has proven anything, it is that Kobe going off on offense and refusing to play good team defense has not gotten us anywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    But none of the then will ever be any where close to have the number of rings that he already has and particularly the number of years playing at a high level. They can laugh now that Kobe is playing again with players that lack the heart and the quality to fight back. His coach is a clear imbecile and the new owner a egomaniac ready to destroy the empire that his father built! Easy for haters to come out now and critice him. I wonder where these people were when we were dancing for the 5 rings that he helped to bring to us? WHere oh where? Wade 2 rings. Lerun 1! We will see who has the last laugh! Kobe's determination will again shut down many more haters again!
    Ball hog was just lucky to be with the Lakers during those years. it's the Lakers baby, their mystic that wins rings. Put Selfish on any other team without Phil and he would have had the number of rings he has without Phil ZERO. He is and always has been a stupid ball hog .

vCash
    Kobe is Kobe and rather than complain about him, we need to complain about the coach who isn't coaching him and the other players, and even more the front office (Jimmy) who had the chance to hire the greatest coach in history and snubbed him in favor of exactly the wrong coach for this team. It's as if Jimmy's being paid by Miami! We need new owners because Jerry is too old and Jimmy's too immature. I'd love to see Jeannie, Phil and maybe Magic to gather the financing to buy Jerry and Jimmy out and maybe put Jeannie in charge.

vCash
    I hate to say it, but I think Kobe is either complacent now in his life, or it's going to take a losing season for him to "snap out of it" and start playing with heart 100% again.

She can turn my "Paige" anytime!

13. 01-12-2013, 07:31 PM
    Reason
    Do not insult others

vCash
    my two cents: kobes defense dropped off a bit the past two seasons (2011 and 2012). A combination of being injured in 2011, and playing way too many minutes for his age/milage in 2012.

this season, his defense was greatly improved (mainly because he's at the healthiest he's been since 2009).

however, i agree with the OP that as of late (the past 10 days especially) kobe has made defensive mistakes. it's a combination of two things- dwight is out so he can't play safety like he likes to and the minutes are catching up with him (something ive been saying will happen since the start of the season).

i agree that he's been exposed since the dwight injury. however, everyone here is forgetting how good he looked for the first two months in particular, the best D he's played in years.

lets see if he can get back on track with the big fella in the middle.

vCash
    More for the haters! He was just lucky to be there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_v1YcRTGfM

vCash

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast