Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackadalic View Post
    Haven't posted in a while but I'm still happy to be 10 games over 500 at this point of the season. However there are some issues.

Number 1 injuries. Say what you want but I believe the number of games our rotation players have miss games(be in injuries or suspension) is well over 100 games combine. Tell me what other team can survive that and still be a game back from the number one seed.

Number 2 defensive schemes haven't been good. Since December we haven't had any real practice time and get better on defending different offenses and it shows on late rotation and confusion on the floor at times. The defensive intensity has to be better also.

Number 3 chemistry. No it's not just amare. Having different Lineups due to injury has hurt the chemistry a lot so it's going to take a while for us to get back to top form.

Number 4 age. Yes we're not old were experience which is why we have the record we have but understand until we are back at full strength we have to pace ourselves with this older team even if it cost us games. Going 110% will hurt us long term come playoff time so though its a struggle to watch we have to look at the big picture

All in all after all star break is when it's time to turn it up and go on a year. I'm just like everyone else and it's very frustrating but I want a chance to win a title so if sacrificing a few meaningless games gives us a better shot come playoff time then so be it
    Good post. Couldn't have said it better.

vCash
    It's not the injuries, defense or the offense, it's the mentality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 6deep View Post
    SMH...

"...even the simplest of defensive concepts seems to elude him: guard your man, play help defense when another defender gets beat, box out. Pretty simple stuff."

Chronicling The Defensive And Rebounding Woes Of Amar’e Stoudemire
    Yikes.

I would not want to be Woody right now. He has to play Amare, at the very least/worst case scenario to build trade value (which we know is nigh impossible).

This is beyond just another few practices to get on the same page. I am at a loss.

Throwback Sig

vCash

Thumbs up Aiite .. a thread on our NO Comunication lineups

Quote Originally Posted by Knick4Knack View Post
    I do not particularly like the idea either, but there has been NO dribble penetration. Kidd looks like he is ready for the glue factory lately and Pablo is too hesitant to shoot. What else are we going to do?

Ironically, if you have noticed, J.R. plays point 15-20 min a game already to take pressure off Pablo and Kidd. The problem is that he is still geared on scoring. We all know that he is an improved passer this year.

Patch Adams time, Yanks. We have to do what we gotta do until Felton gets back. This current backcourt is not working, and we will be .500 by that time if we don't tweak things. That, or expect a trade.

The No Comunication grabs me the most .. I dont have a blind eye to the fact of Woody been letting JR replace Felton at the point, which became a big difference (factor) in our ball-movement, with JR & Melo's dribbling getting major touches plus taking over 50% of the shots each game since the departed Felton (making our other players look like they cant score if givin 5 to 8 shots per game). Hint ....
    In the last 5 games our peremeter shooter Novak shot 54% but only average 4 shots per game .. Stat is famous for playing the inside on offense, and the outside on defense, we been givin Stat the ball 20 feet from the basket, and making Tyson play the peremeter on defense. Thats 3 easy problems that coulda been fixed the first time notice by Woody and our Old-Heads. No Comunication.

I watch Spurs coach Pop win two Championships with a bench of "Old-Heads" inwhich Pop seasoned through the regular season with 12 to 24 minutes of playingtime .. Old-Head Jason Kidd are not suppose to be playing 32+ plus minutes of playingtime for 10+ plus straight games. Hint ....
    Players Kidd, Camby, Kurt, and Rasheed are our "Old-Heads" to keep our lockerroom-discipline. How they let Melo make an Ashy out of himself the other night? speaks alot about the "No Comunication" on court.

Is JR helping rookie PG-Pablo in the backcourt by consistently taking the ball from Pablo with 19 seconds on the shotclock? Well, since Felton been out Pablo been givin up the ball when he dribble pass midcourt to Melo or JR so they can run the offense. Some may think this is good or the logical thing to do to score, but its not. Its the worst thing u could do to your offense if it is not crunchtime. Why? because its boring to watch Melo & JR keep trying to be a POINT-GUARD.
    Early in the season the Kidd & Pablo backcourt, showed Kidd letting Pablo work pick n rolls with Copeland & Tyson untill it became successful giving the 3 players confidence in a lineup (comunicating together), what I notice the most about the Pablo pick n roll was Kidd moving thru quick screen to be wide open on the 3 ball-line while the pick n roll was going down to have a 2nd option. This is why we always see Kidd wide-open on the peremeter, and Novak playing possum on the peremeter drawin defenders.
    The lost of Felton was suppose to increase rookie PG-Pablo minutes coming off the bench not decrease Pablo minutes .. are we scared of another "Linsanity" taking over the crowd in MSG? Damn!

Those holding a blind-eye to our biggest-weakness and strongest weak-area after the opening-season 6 game win streak is all-cool by never mentioning it, but all the close-games in our 23-13 record has showed we havnt fix our number-one weakness .. the 40 minutes a game of NO-DEFENSE from Melo & JR .. when your shooting is off u double-time your effort on defense .. that was alot of my coaches & teammates philosophy, which have me wondering what is defense-coach Woody philosophy???

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    SMH...

"...even the simplest of defensive concepts seems to elude him: guard your man, play help defense when another defender gets beat, box out. Pretty simple stuff."

Damn that's a tear down.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackadalic View Post
    Haven't posted in a while but I'm still happy to be 10 games over 500 at this point of the season. However there are some issues.

Number 1 injuries. Say what you want but I believe the number of games our rotation players have miss games(be in injuries or suspension) is well over 100 games combine. Tell me what other team can survive that and still be a game back from the number one seed.

Number 2 defensive schemes haven't been good. Since December we haven't had any real practice time and get better on defending different offenses and it shows on late rotation and confusion on the floor at times. The defensive intensity has to be better also.

Number 3 chemistry. No it's not just amare. Having different Lineups due to injury has hurt the chemistry a lot so it's going to take a while for us to get back to top form.

Number 4 age. Yes we're not old were experience which is why we have the record we have but understand until we are back at full strength we have to pace ourselves with this older team even if it cost us games. Going 110% will hurt us long term come playoff time so though its a struggle to watch we have to look at the big picture

All in all after all star break is when it's time to turn it up and go on a year. I'm just like everyone else and it's very frustrating but I want a chance to win a title so if sacrificing a few meaningless games gives us a better shot come playoff time then so be it

Good Post .. I have to agree with your evaluation, especially about the chemistry part. I dont know if u ever were a consistent watcher of the past Denver Nuggets having AI, JR, Melo, and Camby in their 6th man lineup, but the Nuggets never had any chemistry on defense untill Billups came.

Coach Woody having Melo & JR on the court each game for 40 minutes of playingtime running the same exact offense/defense they ran on the Denver Nuggets, it has no transition, and one or two fastbreaks, although the Nuggets had 50 win seasons mainly from their halfcourt-offense-setting with peremeter-shooters and high scoring clutch shooter Melo & AI to close games.
    This is what the Knicks has become with either Melo or JR running the offense in every lineup for 48 minutes.
    Our chemistry on defense has been getting worst each game since the start of the season, an injuries are not the factor of our poor-poor team-defense.

vCash
    Its mind boggling how we were a better defensive team with Lin, Bibby/Davis, Fields, Jeffries and D'Antoni than Brewer, Camby, Kidd, Felton and Woodson.

One thing I do still believe though, this team is capable of playing lockdown defense and we show it when we are tired of getting embarassed and make our late comebacks, we also show it when we play motivated vs top teams like Heat and Spurs. We also showed it for 10-12 games to start the season as arguably best D in the league. I think when playoffs come and its money time they will play lockdown D.

I don't think Amare is to blame, but I don't think hes going to do much of anything positive for this team. He is a system player in the wrong system. In a detail oriented, low possession half court game he hurts more than he helps.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Its mind boggling how we were a better defensive team with Lin, Bibby/Davis, Fields, Jeffries and D'Antoni than Brewer, Camby, Kidd, Felton and Woodson.

One thing I do still believe though, this team is capable of playing lockdown defense and we show it when we are tired of getting embarassed and make our late comebacks, we also show it when we play motivated vs top teams like Heat and Spurs. We also showed it for 10-12 games to start the season as arguably best D in the league. I think when playoffs come and its money time they will play lockdown D.

I don't think Amare is to blame, but I don't think hes going to do much of anything positive for this team. He is a system player in the wrong system. In a detail oriented, low possession half court game he hurts more than he helps.
    It's not too hard to believe though, we have gone from Shumpert at the 2 that could guard anybody to Kidd who can't guard anybody and we have gone from fields who did pretty good as a defender and great as rebounder to Brewer who isn't as good as he has been in Chicago and no where near the rebounder fields was here.

Maybe if we play our best players, we will get our best results.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    It's not too hard to believe though, we have gone from Shumpert at the 2 that could guard anybody to Kidd who can't guard anybody and we have gone from fields who did pretty good as a defender and great as rebounder to Brewer who isn't as good as he has been in Chicago and no where near the rebounder fields was here.

Maybe if we play our best players, we will get our best results.
    I think Kidd plays solid D at the 2. I think he has lost his comfort zone at both ends being forced to play PG. I do think Fields got too much flack for his D, he wasn't a 'stopper' by any means but he was a solid defender and made his rotations, and like you said hes a very good rebounder.

vCash
    SMH...

Do not blame our defensive-woes on Amare .. Amare made it simply clear in the Fire-extinquisher incident that he is disgusted being in the same lineup with Tyson/Melo/JR .. if u havnt notice other teammates are getting disgusted too.

If doctors say, Woody have to watch Amares playingtime minutes, why has Woody been forcing Amare in the same lineup Amare has shown digust in?
    Why wasnt a 18 minute lineup of bench-players of Pablo/Brewer/Copeland/Amare/and Camby put together for Amare to practice with a week before Christmas (the D.League thing was a belittle) ..
    Amare $100M salary and decision to come off the bench shouldve gave Amare some juice to put together a 2nd unit lineup .. or is this another Marbury & Zach Randolph thang with management so Amare could be a Star on the next team???

vCash
    http://www.knicksfix.com/defense-def...e-defense.html

Mike Woodson took the reign's mainly because of his defensive philosophy. Shortly after D'antoni left, the Knicks became that much better guarding the ball. But only months into this season, after starting off so well, the defensive intensity has gone down. It's easy to see the correlation between the recent losses and the quality of defense.

Teams like the Kings, Suns, and Celtics have scored easy baskets against a team that was rated Top 5 in the NBA last year. Now do not think that we don't have good defensive players, because frankly that's not true at all. The name of the game is help defense and communication, which has been lacking recently.

So this is this weeks Fix that needs to be implemented, and it's not like Woodson and the players don't know that...
    I think we've been pretty bad on defense recently doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

vCash
    this team needs nothing more than roster stabilization, and a little bit more practice time.

they haven't been the same since Melo started going in and out after first Laker game. They got a real shock when Melo and Felton got hurt on Christmas.

I'm bit worried. This extra practice time is really going to help Feltons back right after London....hopefully he participates a bit in. practice.
    Last edited by Busta; 01-12-2013 at 09:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think Kidd plays solid D at the 2. I think he has lost his comfort zone at both ends being forced to play PG. I do think Fields got too much flack for his D, he wasn't a 'stopper' by any means but he was a solid defender and made his rotations, and like you said hes a very good rebounder.
    Are you looking at stats bro

I remember horrible D, bad rotates et al

rebounding, yes, rookie 1sthalf/stat prominence year, he sucks dude

vCash
    SMH...

Amar'e doesn't even play bad in those clips.As an example in the last clip that's JR getting beat baseline,if Amar'e leaves his man that is an open dunk.The first clip he should be at the top of the key on Bass, JR was late to Terry,but it was a shot clock violation anyway so it's good team defense.
    Last edited by IDunknown; 01-12-2013 at 11:08 PM.

vCash
    shump is pretty valuable when he comes back i think its gonna help big

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast