Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How do you think Demarcus Ware would do at DE???

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better

8 27.59%
  • Not as good

13 44.83%
  • The same

8 27.59%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

How do you think Demarcus Ware would do at DE???

With the Boys hiring Monte Kiffin and them possibly changing to a 4-3 how do you think he Ware would do at DE?

vCash
    Completely different. Not having a guy set up your sacks is a big change.

vCash
    There is always a risk when changing postions, but I think ware is a special player. Hes a great pass rusher plain and simple. I voted he stays same but I think he could be better. I say this due to the fact 100% of the time he will rusher the pass rusher. As a LB he has to play in coverage from time to time. I honestly have no clue the % he rushers at a LB but I imagine 80/20 would be high.

vCash
    He'd be just as good. I watched him literally punch Robert Gallery (6'7" 325) into the air and three yards backwards off the snap. He's a freak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ry31walsh View Post
    There is always a risk when changing postions, but I think ware is a special player. Hes a great pass rusher plain and simple. I voted he stays same but I think he could be better. I say this due to the fact 100% of the time he will rusher the pass rusher. As a LB he has to play in coverage from time to time. I honestly have no clue the % he rushers at a LB but I imagine 80/20 would be high.
    20% going into coverage was probably a bit high for him. He was almost as pure as pass rusher as you can get from an OLB in a 3-4. Cowboys played a ton of 4-3 fronts the past few years (even in base personal at times). Ware probably has more "hands on the ground" experience then just about any other 3-4 OLB. I don't think it's gonna be that big of a deal. He's a special athlete with elite skills to get to the QB.

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

vCash
    I say not as good, but that phrase just sounds wrong. He would still be dominant and amongst the best defenders in the NFL but I just don't think he would be quite as amazing.

vCash

vCash
    ^ That is ****ing awesome

I think he'd be among the best no matter what scheme he's in.

vCash
    He played 4-3 in college so I'm sure he'll be fine. Maybe even better but with him spending the whole offseason recovering from injury I'll wait until then to see if he is actually better or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    hahaha thats sooo epic
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 54.9 Pts: 10.0 Reb: 6.5 Blk: 1.0

Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    But when he gets to rush every single play, the numbers should be better.
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 54.9 Pts: 10.0 Reb: 6.5 Blk: 1.0

Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    He's a good enough athlete to make up for his so called lack of size. Its the rest of the personnel I'd worry about in that shift.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    He played 4-3 in college so I'm sure he'll be fine. Maybe even better but with him spending the whole offseason recovering from injury I'll wait until then to see if he is actually better or not.
    That makes no sense. He fell out of the top 10 because he played in a 4-3 in college. Now that he's older and more banged up (and in the NFL) it's going to tax the hell out of his body to make this switch. Love Kiffen, but this is just a bad hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Junior View Post
    That makes no sense. He fell out of the top 10 because he played in a 4-3 in college. Now that he's older and more banged up (and in the NFL) it's going to tax the hell out of his body to make this switch. Love Kiffen, but this is just a bad hire.
    If there is anybody that can do it, it's Demarcus Ware. I'm sure if Ware wanted to move to TE or MLB or safety he could do it. I wouldn't put anything past that man.

vCash
    In a wide nine, probably pretty similar. He'd have to bulk up in a regular 4-3, I feel like he'd get engulfed in the run game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast