Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    first of all.......ughhhhhhhhhh...trade brewer for nate????? every game nate has played against us he disrespects us and clowns us and taunts us ( see novak discount double check bull he did )..........second...... i was all over this when we signed brewer and i knew this would happen... but hey it is what it is and we dont have anything anyone wants on our team.. this is the team were stuck with..
    What makes it worse is that Grunwald wanted Matt Barnes, but Woodson didn't want him for the vet minimum. Barnes is putting up 11.1 points per game, 5.2 rebounds per game and has a 17.96 PER for the 28-8 Clippers.

vCash
    White certainly deserves more mins.. knicks should rest brewer for few games to recover maybe when shump comes back.

vCash
    You guys need to understand something. You can't TURN a player into a point guard. No matter how hard u try u will fail 100% of the time. Does shumpert show some play making ability? Absolutely. So does harden does that mean he will be a starting point guard? It is the one position you cannot transition a player into, it's a natural position that requires a certain type of vision and set of skills that cannot be taught. We tried to force toney Douglas to be a pg and that failed miserably. He may not be that good but he is a natural undersized shooting guard. We have no choice we have to stick to our guns and weather this storm till Felton comes back

vCash
    When I watch White play I wonder why he doesn't get more minutes. He's simply a better player than Brewer at this time.

vCash
    I like what I saw from White but lets not act like our team played any better with him in the game. People need to ease up on thinking the solution to all our problems is switching this guy for that guy in the rotation. Especially minimal impact players. Our problems are way deeper than that. I think that was proved last night to a degree because White played well and we had arguably the worst game of the season. Not necessarily directed at the OP, just see that posted way too often on these boards for a long time.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I like what I saw from White but lets not act like our team played any better with him in the game. People need to ease up on thinking the solution to all our problems is switching this guy for that guy in the rotation. Especially minimal impact players. Our problems are way deeper than that. I think that was proved last night to a degree because White played well and we had arguably the worst game of the season. Not necessarily directed at the OP, just see that posted way too often on these boards for a long time.
    If Melo and Smith weren't so bad early on, we wouldn't have fell behind so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraPoint View Post
    Shump was drafted as a PG. D'Antoni moved him to SG
    He's a SG. He played a lot off the ball in college too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    If Melo and Smith weren't so bad early on, we wouldn't have fell behind so far.
    Agreed. We are also just such a slow team with Kidd at PG. Early on got a few stops and couldn't do anything to capitalize on them. Teams can get back on D with a light jog against us.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    I think Brewer is misused. I want him to be our lock-down defender guarding the Kobe's, Wade's, etc. But I dont even see him doing that.

Im not gonna lie, our coach is becoming too obsessed with offense now-a-days. I miss the griddy defensive team we were in the beginning of his coaching term.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    i still have faith in brewer. plays great defense that nobody seems to respect. what 2 guards have gone off on brew?

vCash
    Brewer is a liability.

His defense is not good enough to warrant his garbage offense. It's like playing 4 on 5 out there. They double Melo and leave Brewer open, so he either bricks the shot or passes up an open shot which throws off the rhythm of the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jevans22 View Post
    i still have faith in brewer. plays great defense that nobody seems to respect. what 2 guards have gone off on brew?
    How many great 2 guards are there in the league nowadays? Kobe, Harden both went off. Not blaming it on Brewer, but his defense has not been anywhere near "great". And not saying he's the main problem with our team, but I'd like to see his minutes go elsewhere while he gets his legs back under him, or at least come off the bench so our starts aren't so horrible.
    Last edited by nytunnelvision; 01-13-2013 at 01:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Brewer is a liability.

His defense is not good enough to warrant his garbage offense. It's like playing 4 on 5 out there. They double Melo and leave Brewer open, so he either bricks the shot or passes up an open shot which throws off the rhythm of the offense.
    This sums it up best. I must have paraphrased that line in about 5 different threads recently... Luckily Shump will be back taking those 10 minutes in London

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nytunnelvision View Post
    How many great 2 guards are there in the league nowadays? Kobe, Harden both went off. Not blaming it on Brewer, but his defense has not been anywhere near "great". And not saying he's the main problem with our team, but I'd like to see his minutes go elsewhere while he gets his legs back under him, or at least come off the bench so our starts aren't so horrible.
    Kidd mostly guarded Harden and Kobe.........not defending brewer, but on the whole Kidd stops nobody, but at lease he can hit a three.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12