Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WHODAT8o8 View Post
    I would NEVER give up Pierce, Sullinger, and Melo just for Gasol....
    lol don't worry neither would the celtics....Pierce for Gasol straight up wouldn't happen. thank god.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by penuch View Post
    Emotion has nothing to do with it, this would be just a straight up horrible deal for the C's.

1st- They drafted Melo expecting him to be a project and the expectation of having to wait on him, so his value isn't tied to this year or even next.

2nd- As of right now the Celtics make the playoffs, the Lakers don't. C's have been playing a lot better of late.

3rd- So we get the big man we need to get past the heat, but then we have lost Pierce's production, nobody on this team can fill his roll.

4th- They drafted Sully knowing he was a risk, so it's a risk worth taking and so far it is paying off.

5th- Green is NO WHERE as valuable as Pierce. If that was the case then that means the C's could get then same in return for Green that they would PP and that's not even close to true.
    well said all around....I get the casual fan probably doesn't watch every game of other teams, so trust when we say Green is not capable of filling in the role of Pierce. There is no one who fills that role on that team. I understand why people think on paper this makes the C's better....but Gasol, KG, Green is not better than KG, Bass/Sullinger(currently outplaying Bass and getting the minutes), Pierce.

Don't hold your breath on a Pierce for Gasol trade, will NEVER happen.

vCash
    I don't see how BOS could trade Pierce and get better. If such a trade exists, by all means I hope Danny goes for it. The issue is that Pierce is the only player on the roster that feels comfortable taking 5 shots in a row. If you did a hypothetical Pierce for Gasol trade, then I'd feel pretty good about what BOS has down low, but that would just open up another hole with wing scoring, leaving BOS in pretty much the same place - not good enough to compete for a title.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    homie can go bleep himself for all I care.
    lol some knick fan is still mad....

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieB23Ricky View Post
    All im gonna say is im glad that was the first meeting against them cuz when we get fully healthy we are gonna rape them

vCash
    I'd do pau for pierce trade straightaway.

then might as well rename the lakers to Los Angeles Elderlies

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    They've been saying this for the last couple years and the pre KG celtic years, yet hes still in Boston. I'll believe it when I see it

vCash
    This sort of connects to the Pierce thing. Article mentions it.

http://www.knicksfix.com/buzz.html

"The Boston Celtics have been in several trade rumors this year. If it's trying to go after Demarcus Cousins, or even putting Paul Pierce up for trade, they've been active to make their team more athletic. Of course, as of now they have yet to pull a trade off but, sources say that the Celtics are going to continue to push until the deadline.

The Celtics are not interested in making small trades for role players. With the Kings saying Cousins is not going to be traded, the Celtics will perhaps look towards Rudy Gay. The Grizzlies would get what they want in a short contract, and a proven winner in Pierce. The Grizzlies are in "win now mode", so it doesn't seem logical for them to look for young assets and picks. However, the Celtics do also have a few young pieces to better the package.

Rajon Rondo is rumored to be pushing the front-office for a trade. Although this is not confirmed, Rondo has indeed expressed Gay's value, as Marc Spears of Yahoo reports. “It’s hard to talk to (Rondo) because he is always saying, ‘We need you over here. We need you over here. So it’s not easy talking to him. But he’s being a friend, just telling me about keeping everything together and he makes you feel like you are still valuable."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnerko123 View Post
    why the hell would the raps do that?

vCash
    pierce should retire a Celtic.

vCash
    the Celtics aren't trading Pierce period!! he's playing better now than he has in years. The Cs front office doesnt take bad starts as a panic button. It's not happening no way Doc would sign off on that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnerko123 View Post
    Bwahaha, go and get a clue please. Why on earth would the Raps trade Bargs, Davis and Ross to help facilitate the trade?

vCash
    Im willing to bet anything he retires a Celtic.
    NEW
    YORK
    KNICKS

vCash
    And this is why players shouldn't give a **** about being loyal to their franchise... Pierce has been playing with that team all his career and been more than loyal and now their talking about trading him...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Trading Bass and a pick for a center is more likely.
    that would be awesome.

vCash
    why would the celtics trade Pierce for a tampon?

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast