Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 230
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,459
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Swami View Post
    Wheatley got his lone 1000 yard season in his sixth season so the comparison isn't exactly apples to oranges.

    He also does not equate to the nightmare D Mac presents for defenses again skewing the comparison which is apparently based on stats alone.

    Wheatley had 2 good seasons but he had played a lot longer than D Mac had when he had them.

    Talk to me in 3 years when that comparison will seem silly.
    I never said I thought Wheatley was better, what I am saying is that Wheatley wasn't exactly a scrub rather another veteran that the NFL gave up on, who played well for the Raiders.

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,832
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Your 52 and I'm 49 and you called me dude... Enough said.. Understand the Era and offenses that played... Though it was a great list however I would have Jackson about 4th.
    You don't recognize when I am making a point?

    Care to discuss the inaccurate statements you made? What is it I don't understand about the era or offense? I can have that talk too. I am not comparing them cross era and its silly.

    These guys weren't even the premier backs of their day. Mc Arthur Lane, Larry Brown, O.J., John Brockington, Lawrence Mc Cutcheon, LeRoy Kelly, Floyd Little, Larry Csonka, Franco Harris, Lydell Mitchell, and Mercury Morris all were more recognized backs.

    D Mac is regarded as being an elite back and none of the guys I brought up were at any time.

    D Mac is only 27 and not done.

    The list may be sentimental but its silly.

    I am comparing them all to how they stack up against guys in their own era.

    D Mac is not that far down the list.
    Last edited by Da Swami; 01-28-2013 at 11:50 PM.

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    768
    vCash
    1500
    bo jackson 7th??your unbelievable.lmao.but then again im not suprised.

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    9,365
    vCash
    1500
    Lol, its nice to know my opinion can generate so much interest. Yeah, 7th. He was a part time player, and while he was the most ahead-of-his-time athlete I've ever seen and maybe the most dangerous man with the ball in his hands I've ever seen, he did not contribute as much to the team (in my eyes) as the guys above him.

    I'm a function over form kind of guy.

    -Stork

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,258
    vCash
    1500
    Kenny King and Charlie Garner should be in the top ten.

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    9,365
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    Kenny King and Charlie Garner should be in the top ten.
    I considered them mightily. King had 8 TDs for us in 6 years..total. And he fumbled 22 times in less than 600 carries. Yeah, that 80 yarder in the Super Bowl was awesome, but I just couldn't slide him in.

    And Garner played for us for 3 years, one of which (2003) was not good.

    Lol, believe me, I'd have loved to slide one in ahead of McFadden, but I was trying to be objective.

    -Stork

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,832
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I never said I thought Wheatley was better, what I am saying is that Wheatley wasn't exactly a scrub rather another veteran that the NFL gave up on, who played well for the Raiders.
    He came to us after NYG gave up on him though.

    He had not had a 1000 yard season before that.

    You brought up the fact he had as many 1000 yard seasons as D Mac but left this kernel of RELEVANT info out. He had 5 seasons in the NFL before coming to Oakland.

    He also didn't create opportunities for other players like D Mac does.

    You don't see why I pointed that out?

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,832
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Your 52 and I'm 49 and you called me dude... Enough said.. Understand the Era and offenses that played... Though it was a great list however I would have Jackson about 4th.
    I am waiting for you to lecture me on the era and offense.

    I would love to have that discussion.

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,459
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Swami View Post
    He came to us after NYG gave up on him though.

    He had not had a 1000 yard season before that.

    You brought up the fact he had as many 1000 yard seasons as D Mac but left this kernel of RELEVANT info out. He had 5 seasons in the NFL before coming to Oakland.

    He also didn't create opportunities for other players like D Mac does.

    You don't see why I pointed that out?
    Um, what is your point? I never debated McFadden's talent. I will however debate his production, which falls well short of the elite status you give him. You must be one of these attorney's that is so terrible in the courtroom , you are relegated to behind a desk, thus come in here as a pseudo Perry Mason. I cannot fathom that aside from misplaced frustration why you chose to come in here as a professional grown man and talk the way you do to people or bristle at any notion not lock and step with your own sentiments.

    What is relevant is production, not potential, not talent, not catchy nicknames. The fact remains that Wheatley has had as many 1,000 yard seasons as McFadden, nothing you say can debunk that fact.

    The only opportunities McFadden creates for others, are the carries his backups will get when he is on the sidelines.

    I do not know how you managed to play college football or achieve a Juris Doctorate with such thin skin. I question the validity of your claims. Its sad really, because you seem to have a good grasp of the game.
    Last edited by Proximo; 02-01-2013 at 10:57 PM.

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,546
    vCash
    1500
    The Oakland Raiders are a bad football team, the Raiders fans turn on one another, the Raiders have a quarterback who can`t win football games, the Raiders have a running back who lacks vision and is unavailable far to often, the Raiders have receivers who get lost in route and drop passes, the Raider receivers get hurt without direct contact, the Raiders are unable to perform in sync on either side of the ball, the Raiders over pursue on special teams, the Raiders have no pass rush allowing the quarterback to escape with everyones back turned, the Raider qb offers the defense no rest, the Raiders fail to hold position or properly fill holes, the Raiders fail to cover backs and tight ends, the Raiders fail to mount any long offensive drives, the Raiders can`t score in the 1st quarter worst ever witnessed to date, the Raiders fail to create turnovers, the Raiders fail to score in the red zone, the Raiders turn the ball over more than they take it away, the Raiders are content kicking field goals, the Raiders best player was a punter, the Raiders are often fooled on both sides of the ball, the Raiders are lacking several smart football players, the Raiders make costly penalties at the worse time, the Raider head coach was a bad hire.

    Other than these minor problems we`re pretty well off lol.





    Reggie got played in a New York Minute

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    modesto
    Posts
    7,779
    vCash
    1500
    lol damn firm i mean you dont see a bright side with this team at all do you ?

    Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,546
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by raider77 View Post
    lol damn firm i mean you dont see a bright side with this team at all do you ?
    I will say this, the team looked entirely different week 16 for some reason. The defense played for the offense, the offense was able to score 3 redzone touchdowns, it was refreshing not to see Jano trotting out for 4 field goals in the game. Oakland had the usual terrible defensive penalties but at least the Raiders made a stand that day, the head coach hire crippled this team right from the go.





    Reggie got played in a New York Minute

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,459
    vCash
    1500
    Yes, I should have refrained. No need to wallow in the mud, but I don't get the junkyard dog attitude [DaSwami]. I would go back and edit my comments except it is what it is. You can't reboot what you say in life, as it should also be here.

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,832
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Um, what is your point? I never debated McFadden's talent. I will however debate his production, which falls well short of the elite status you give him. You must be one of these attorney's that is so terrible in the courtroom , you are relegated to behind a desk, thus come in here as a pseudo Perry Mason. I cannot fathom that aside from misplaced frustration why you chose to come in here as a professional grown man and talk the way you do to people or bristle at any notion not lock and step with your own sentiments.

    What is relevant is production, not potential, not talent, not catchy nicknames. The fact remains that Wheatley has had as many 1,000 yard seasons as McFadden, nothing you say can debunk that fact.

    The only opportunities McFadden creates for others, are the carries his backups will get when he is on the sidelines.

    I do not know how you managed to play college football or achieve a Juris Doctorate with such thin skin. I question the validity of your claims. Its sad really, because you seem to have a good grasp of the game.
    You made the reference to Wheatley when I questioned why he was ahead of D Mac.

    You stated that he had as many 1000 yard seasons as D Mac does.

    I pointed out that TW had not rushed for 1000 until his 6th or 7th season as a pro.

    I just thought it was contradicting yourself to claim that is a justification for the ranking since it does not add up. The rationale seems odd since it contradicts the logic used to base criticism of Mc Fadden.

    In your world, all Attorneys litigate in court right? Did you know that less than 1 in 1000 Attorneys ever sets foot in a courtroom? I will bet you had no idea this was the case right?

    Stereotypes make you look ill informed in both football and life.
    Last edited by Da Swami; 02-02-2013 at 05:38 AM.

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,546
    vCash
    1500
    Swami I hope your expertise is in the cooperate arena, where most of your contact is done via skype. I don`t foresee any jury warming up to your personality, costing the firm clients and money.

    Furthermore we`re going to have a board meeting, do you have any interest in delivery? lol.





    Reggie got played in a New York Minute

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •