Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    He might fail and lose confidence in himself. Every player is different, and you don't want to put your players in a position to fail. That's not fair to him.

If we need outfielders so bad trade him for one and less him play 3B somewhere. Also he needs some time in AAA before he's ready for the big leagues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    He might fail and lose confidence in himself. Every player is different, and you don't want to put your players in a position to fail. That's not fair to him.

If we need outfielders so bad trade him for one and less him play 3B somewhere. Also he needs some time in AAA before he's ready for the big leagues.
    Bit of a stretch here, Stuna.

We're worried about his psyche being hurt if he fails in the OF???? If he's that fragile, his career is already doomed.

Maybe he'd feel good and get a confidence boost with the team showing him they are doing everything they can to find a place for him.

I really cannot see the argument here.

"Yo, Flores, go shag some fly balls."

vCash
    Yeah I had that in mind too, but I look at Duda and I think him playing a lot of OF has hurt him in the batter's box. Also Flores is not major-league ready so why ask him to play the outfield?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    So... what do you make of it stuna? You talk a lot about replacing him. Yet we don't have a single outfielder that could crack the top 30.
    more like we don't have an outfielder that would rank in the top 90.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    Bit of a stretch here, Stuna.

We're worried about his psyche being hurt if he fails in the OF???? If he's that fragile, his career is already doomed.

Maybe he'd feel good and get a confidence boost with the team showing him they are doing everything they can to find a place for him.

I really cannot see the argument here.

"Yo, Flores, go shag some fly balls."
    Seriously.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Seriously.
    Is this a serious "seriously" meaning that you agree????

Or a sarcastic "seriously" meaning that you think it absurd????

Seriously, I cannot tell.

vCash

Yeah it's the first one. You guys are in agreement about Flores.

vCash
    WOW! Whoathunkit! Apparently approaching the second base defensive position like a border collie on crack would bring us into the top 10!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metfan122164 View Post
    WOW! Whoathunkit! Apparently approaching the second base defensive position like a border collie on crack would bring us into the top 10!
    Murphy was a below average 2nd baseman defensively but he wasn't that bad and seemed to improve as the season went on last year.

vCash

Seriously, if you read my earlier posts on the subject, you'd see I've been arguing passionately for trying out Flores in the outfield.

Seriously.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Seriously, if you read my earlier posts on the subject, you'd see I've been arguing passionately for trying out Flores in the outfield.

Seriously.
    If we want to keep Flores, we might as well play him in the OF in the minors.guess Maybe lightning will strike and he'll on occasion rise to adequacy in the OF while simultaneously relaxing at the plate and so improve his considerable hitting skills.

But the Mets better not just throw the kid out there to fend for himself -- the team's historic, entrenched MO when they re-position players. Or he'll end up confused, frustrated and worthless to us or any other team.

vCash
    With a scouting grade of 20 for speed according to BA, Flores would probably cover as much ground as Duda in the OF.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Maybe. But if he hits much better than Duda, he will still be an upgrade. Also, since he used to be a middle infielder, he's probably more athletic than Duda, giving him a built-in advantage.

But hey, here's a novel idea: Why not just let him play some outfield in ST so he can show first hand what he can or can't do?

Gee, talk about thinking outside the box!

vCash
    Maybe. But if he hits much better than Duda, he will still be an upgrade. Also, since he used to be a middle infielder, he's probably more athletic than Duda, giving him a built-in advantage.

But hey, here's a novel idea: Why not just let him play some outfield in ST so he can show first hand what he can or can't do?

Gee, talk about thinking outside the box!
    He still needs AAA first.

The hit tool is there but he is still young at 20 years old and i am sure they want him to hit at every level through his progression as they decide what to do with him (still think we end up dealing him)

They also get that extra year of FA i am sure if he comes up 3 weeks after the season starts so i doubt he breaks camp with the Mets anyway.

Btw, not to go off topic and this more of a general statement but i really like the PSD facelift.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-15-2013 at 10:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He still needs AAA first.

The hit tool is there but he is still young at 20 years old and i am sure they want him to hit at every level through his progression as they decide what to do with him (still think we end up dealing him)

They also get that extra year of FA i am sure if he comes up 3 weeks after the season starts so i doubt he breaks camp with the Mets anyway.

Btw, not to go off topic but i like the PSD facelift.
    I think he's 21 now. And he doesnt need AAA to play outfield for us this year in ST. I can't believe this is even a discussion. He's a hitter without a position and we have 3 outfield positions waiting to be filled.

As the General in the movie WarGames said, "I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd do any good."

As for trading him eventually, you're probably right. Flores is the epitome of the typical Met: Square peg in a round hole.

As for liking the new format, I'm an old man. Me set in ways. Me no like change. It wasn't broke so why did they fix it?

Oy.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast