Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 81
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    27,268
    vCash
    1500

    Murphy Ranked #10 as far as 2nd baseman in mlb right now on MLB Network

    Murphy is a solid hitter. Flores may prove to be better.

    One of them has to be traded, either alone or in a package, preferably for a quality outfielder.

    Sandy can figure out which one to move.
    Go Grab My Belt

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,739
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Murphy is a solid hitter. Flores may prove to be better.

    One of them has to be traded, either alone or in a package, preferably for a quality outfielder.

    Sandy can figure out which one to move.
    I think in the end Flores is the one dealt.

    He's still only 20 years, can rake, and the PCL is only going to benefit his offensive ability.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-12-2013 at 06:11 AM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    With a team like we will have on the field for 2013, why not try Flores for a season in the OF in the minors.

    If the guy is that good of a hitter, let's see of we can find a place for him. We did it for Murphy. Let's give Flores the same extended look. If he is hopeless out there (like Murphy was), then we know for sure that either he or Murphy has to go.

    At least then, we will know for sure.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,739
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    With a team like we will have on the field for 2013, why not try Flores for a season in the OF in the minors.

    If the guy is that good of a hitter, let's see of we can find a place for him. We did it for Murphy. Let's give Flores the same extended look. If he is hopeless out there (like Murphy was), then we know for sure that either he or Murphy has to go.

    At least then, we will know for sure.
    He's too slow for the OF...

    It's a novel concept but Flores is an INF.

    His best position being 3rd and he could probably play 1st with more time there. The ultimate experiment is seeing how he can play 2nd base, he played there in 27 games last year and the plans are he will see more time there this year.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-12-2013 at 08:33 AM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    27,268
    vCash
    1500

    Murphy Ranked #10 as far as 2nd baseman in mlb right now on MLB Network

    I had the same thought about Flores. But to be honest, I think the days of trying to stretch players far beyond their defensive comfort zone are over.

    The FO seems to view Flores as an infielder alone, and if that's how they feel, let him play with some comfort level.

    It's probably better to trade one of these guys for a true OFer than try more makeshift defensive arrangements.
    Go Grab My Belt

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    78,425
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I had the same thought about Flores. But to be honest, I think the days of trying to stretch players far beyond their defensive comfort zone are over.

    The FO seems to view Flores as an infielder alone, and if that's how they feel, let him play with some comfort level.

    It's probably better to trade one of these guys for a true OFer than try more makeshift defensive arrangements.
    Yet Duda will be in the outfield once again.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    22,592
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    So... what do you make of it stuna? You talk a lot about replacing him. Yet we don't have a single outfielder that could crack the top 90.
    Fixed.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Murphy is a solid hitter. Flores may prove to be better.

    One of them has to be traded, either alone or in a package, preferably for a quality outfielder.

    Sandy can figure out which one to move.
    Weren't the Mets in trade talks involving Murphy with some AL team, like the Tigers (?), last offseason? Or am I thinking of someone else?

    Or just wrong in general?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    27,268
    vCash
    1500
    It was Murphy and the Tigers.

    And yeah, the Duda outfield experiment remains horrific.
    Go Grab My Belt

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    51,826
    vCash
    1500
    For Andy Dirks. He then went on to hit .322/.370/.487 in 311 AB.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Northport, LI
    Posts
    1,131
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    So... what do you make of it stuna? You talk a lot about replacing him. Yet we don't have a single outfielder that could crack the top 30.
    Didn't you mean 'top 87?'

    By default, they have to be in the top 90.
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    18,390
    vCash
    1500
    If Murphy hits at an OPS at around .800 nobody will be complaining about his defense.

    And yes, I still believe he can be an .800 OPS hitter.

    I'm staying on the Murphy bandwagon.
    DUDA


    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

    with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,739
    vCash
    1500
    I am not off the Murphy bandwagon i am just intrigued to see if Flores can make the transition. If he can he would be a hell of a bat for a 2nd baseman.

    Saying that this is a big year for Murph.

    I would like to see him improve his offense similarly to 2011 and continue to improve his defense otherwise i think the Mets should look in another direction.

    Aaron Hill really intrigues me in 2014 if the Mets go the FA route at 2nd base.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-13-2013 at 02:53 AM.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    22,592
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by eltwo View Post
    Didn't you mean 'top 87?'

    By default, they have to be in the top 90.
    We don't have any starters.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,605
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He's too slow for the OF...

    It's a novel concept but Flores is an INF.

    His best position being 3rd and he could probably play 1st with more time there. The ultimate experiment is seeing how he can play 2nd base, he played there in 27 games last year and the plans are he will see more time there this year.

    Oh BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Unless he's Ernie Lombardi which he isn't, just put him in a corner spot in ST and see what he can do. How much more interesting would it be to see Flores out there than any of the dozen know-nothings they'll throw out there instead.

    It was the same crap a few years ago when i was dying to see what Daniel Murphy looked like at second base but every time i looked up he was either on first or third base while we were given long look-sees at Luis Castillo and Brad Eamus.

    Just put Flores in a corner already. It's Spring F-ing training for crissakes.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •