Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I think he's 21 now. And he doesnt need AAA to play outfield for us this year in ST. I can't believe this is even a discussion. He's a hitter without a position and we have 3 outfield positions waiting to be filled.

As the General in the movie WarGames said, "I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it'd do any good."

As for trading him eventually, you're probably right. Flores is the epitome of the typical Met: Square peg in a round hole.

As for liking the new format, I'm an old man. Me set in ways. Me no like change. It wasn't broke so why did they fix it?

Oy.
    Yeah you are right he did just turn 21 in August.

He just has so many bricks stacked against him whether its his inexperience, his speed, the fact that we have another guy in the OF out of position (and terrible defensively) that the odds pretty great he's not gonna cut in RF.

But again like you said there is no harm done in trying..
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-15-2013 at 11:58 AM.

vCash
    Ironically i think dealing him will bring us an OF we are so desperately in need of.

Who that is?

Damned if i know.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-15-2013 at 11:30 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Maybe. But if he hits much better than Duda, he will still be an upgrade. Also, since he used to be a middle infielder, he's probably more athletic than Duda, giving him a built-in advantage.

But hey, here's a novel idea: Why not just let him play some outfield in ST so he can show first hand what he can or can't do?

Gee, talk about thinking outside the box!
    Gee can not play the outfield...sorry

In all seriousness though with Wright signed long term at third the Mets need to decide to either keep him at third with intentions on moving him, or move him to second or the outfield full time to see what he can do.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Gee can not play the outfield...sorry

In all seriousness though with Wright signed long term at third the Mets need to decide to either keep him at third with intentions on moving him, or move him to second or the outfield full time to see what he can do.
    Fair point about Gee although i was all set to see what Dillon could do as a catcher until we traded for d'Arnaud.

As far as Flores goes, we can do both: See what he can do in the outfield or trade him if the right deal arises.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Ironically i think dealing him will bring us an OF we are so desperately in need of.

Who that is?

Damned if i know.
    And that's really what it's all about. We have no idea what he can net in a trade. We only know what our immediate needs are.

Besides, putting Flores in the OF during ST is the equivalent of Jewish Penicillin, Chicken Soup.

It can't hurt but it might treat an ailment.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 01-15-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    D. Murphy will continue to improve the D. He played last year on bad knees. Also, fans have not gotten the message that MLB is trying to enforce no 'roids and that leads to less offense at all positions.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456