Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Mets sign Bourn to a 5 year deal and then the Dbacks give us Upton for nothing due to incriminating pictures of everyone involved with the franchise that Sandy has in a locked drawer
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    I could see Bourn to the Cubs, Mariners, or Yankees.

Bourn would help the Cubs this year, but he would also be able to fill a hole for the Cubs for a couple of years. Couple that with Theo's willingness to find value and a small market for Bourn and it could be a match.

vCash
    The Yankees? I find that highly unlikely. Please, do not happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown View Post
    Does anyone know why Bourn is taking forever to sign with a team? I'm really curious. He's a good player, he should have a lot of offers coming to him
    My guess is that he wants more years and more money then teams are will to give him. His game is driven by his legs. His speed is going to be the first thing to go. He has very little pop in his bat, so when his legs go, he's not much of a player anymore.

For me, a realistic contract would be 2/18. He's not worth the risk of a longer contract, as he's probably not going to be a top player for more than two years. But ya never know.

vCash
    Bourn is going to Japan

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Fielder was clearly worth giving up a first round pick for. Bourn? Not so much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    My guess is that he wants more years and more money then teams are will to give him. His game is driven by his legs. His speed is going to be the first thing to go. He has very little pop in his bat, so when his legs go, he's not much of a player anymore.

For me, a realistic contract would be 2/18. He's not worth the risk of a longer contract, as he's probably not going to be a top player for more than two years. But ya never know.
    Wow, 2yrs at 9 per season. I think any teams needing OF help would do that. He's gonna get more than that...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Wow, 2yrs at 9 per season. I think any teams needing OF help would do that. He's gonna get more than that...
    I'm sure you're correct about that. Boras has a way of getting GM's to believe that his clients are worth more than they really are. But if I was a GM, I would not give a 30 year player who relies on he speed to be productive, coupled with the fact that he has no pop in his bat, any more than two years.

But I'm sure there's a team out there that is looking for a CF'er that can put them over the hump. I would just hate to see it be my team. (Cubs) The last thing we need is to take the route of over paying for too many years for a player who has already peaked. Especially when we are heading in the complete opposite direction of that model.

vCash
    Ehh, wouldn't be too bad on the Astro's.. he'd fit right in. Maybe show Carlos Lee a thing or two
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/oscar-taveras
    ~ Oscar Taveras ~ The next Phenom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STL Don View Post
    Ehh, wouldn't be too bad on the Astro's.. he'd fit right in. Maybe show Carlos Lee a thing or two
    Lee's a FA.

Ariana Grande

vCash

vCash
    Great find...........as usual Jeffy! I could not agree more here.

Always shy away from paying for past performance. Especially for a 30 year old who relies on his speed, and has very little pop in his bat. Once his speed goes, he's just an average to below average player.

I certainly wouldn't wanna be strapped to that kinda player.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123