Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Peterson is 9,506 behind him. In all honesty, barring any injuries, I can see him rushing for 6,000+ yards over the next 3 years. By around the age of 30 it would all depend on his longevity to reach 3,506 more yards.

PUNI GOD!!

vCash
    he's 10 000 yards behind and will be 28 when the season starts. i dont see it happening but would luv to see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucsfan40 View Post
    IMO I don't think ypc compared to TD 's and straight yardage but that's just me
    Yards Per Carry is the single most important stat for judging running backs. Period.

The top 3 backs of all time in that category are Jim Brown, Barry Sanders and Adrian Peterson.

vCash
    Smith ran behind an offensive line which opened holes a bus could drive through. His longevity was 100% attributed to that OL.

Petersen will never last as long as Smith but that doesn't mean he might not be a better RB than Smith. Then again, are either as good as Tomlinson in his prime? Eric Dickerson? Then again, we have an NFL where linebackers don't crowd the LOS and often smaller linebackers or safeties are in during passing situations.
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 01-11-2013 at 11:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucsfan40 View Post
    Don't use ponder as a crutch..Barry Sanders truly was a one man team and did just fine. Not to mention he had farve for a few seasons with Sidney rice...only Viking homer think he's the best..Emmitt to this point has DOMINATED AP at almost every statistical state imaginable. This is what's annoying about fans they find the Stupidest stat that means little and make it sound important. Example; strike out per nine innings.. take the names away and just make emmitt player "a" and AP player "B" and just show the awards and stats EVERYBODY will be picking player A emmitt Smith's stats anybody who's says diff is a homer end of story..stats never lie
    Nobody that has watched the 2 play would ever say that Emmitt Smith was the better back.

Quote Originally Posted by john545455 View Post
    Peterson is 9,506 behind him. In all honesty, barring any injuries, I can see him rushing for 6,000+ yards over the next 3 years. By around the age of 30 it would all depend on his longevity to reach 3,506 more yards.
    You think AP is ging to run for over 2000 every year for the next 3 years? He does that, there will be no argument who the best back ever is.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    AP is a much more aggressive runner than Emmitt was. I could see Peterson finishing up with around 12-14 thousand, but I don't see Peterson breaking it. He just takes too much punishment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by conway429 View Post
    Didn't he just fall short of his goal of beating Dickerson's record?
    No... he fell 400 yards short of his goal of 2,500 yards largely due to the fact that they were too overprotective of him early in the year. He'll get it next year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234