Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 90s Rock

vCash
    Lol... AIC is unoriginal. Right.....

AIC was around before Nirvana just so you know. They both made it big the same year in 1987. AIC was formerly Sleze which was formed in 1984 and before that they were Alice ON Chains. Plus Layne had his band Mad Season which sounded very similar to AIC.

If you're going to rip a band, please do some research. I could pick apart your fav bands. Calling AIC a rip off is a joke. Blink 182? Really guy? Biggest rip off of all from Green Day and the post punk-pop metal era lololol
    Last edited by BlackWidow; 01-18-2013 at 07:08 AM.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Pearl Ham, Alice in Chains and Tool are the big ones for me from that era
    Same for me. I was also a huge NIN fan and I'd throw in the first couple STP albums too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Pearl Ham, Alice in Chains and Tool are the big ones for me from that era
    Tool is my favorite band of all time.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockerArt View Post
    Same for me. I was also a huge NIN fan and I'd throw in the first couple STP albums too.
    nice call on the first couple STP albums

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Tool is my favorite band of all time.

Same here. Now if only they'd put out a new album dammit. It's long past their usual 5 year hiatus ...

vCash

Same here. Now if only they'd put out a new album dammit. It's long past their usual 5 year hiatus ...
    Yeah but you know, Maynard's been so busy with wine and Puscifer...
    Honestly, I could go for another A Perfect Circle album, as well!
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    I hate to nitpick but Metallica really isnt a 90's rock band. They formed in 81 and all of their best albums were released before 1990, and a lot of people who were fans were pissed that Metallica sold out on The Black Album. Amazing band nonetheless but if you're looking at strictly 90's Metallica the list isn't very impressive in my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus Finch View Post
    I hate to nitpick but Metallica really isnt a 90's rock band. They formed in 81 and all of their best albums were released before 1990, and a lot of people who were fans were pissed that Metallica sold out on The Black Album. Amazing band nonetheless but if you're looking at strictly 90's Metallica the list isn't very impressive in my opinion.
    I love Metallica from back in the tape trading days, I adore the Black Album,
    and I love 90s Metallica. I even own St. Anger on vinyl *and* CD. Some
    say "sold out", some say "became adults". There's a difference.

Seein' as how I am also a big fan of Velvet Underground and Lou, I ran right out
    and got LuLu. I don't like it as much as straight up Metallica stuff, but
    I think it's cool they did it.

Metallica is pretty much two bands. 80s Metallica and 90s-onward Metallica.
    So I'm ok with people calling Metallica a 90s band. And as for the guys
    themselves, I'm sure they could care less what era people talk about them
    in, as long as people are talking about them.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Completely forgr about STP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    It doesn't matter WHEN you grew up. There is an entire history of music at anyone's disposal now.
    You can listen to plenty of it free on YouTube. I never have understood why people blame when they grew up, on their musical tastes, and by that they mean, "I couldn't help what was on TV and the radio."

That's just lazy. There is SO much music in the world, and always has been. What is "popular" is generally the lowest common denominator. Ya gotta go DIG to find the good stuff. It's underneath all the bull**** and the posing and it's as far from Top 40 and TV as it can get. I'm just gonna guess you've only heart about 2% of AIC's total output. Unoriginal? You're not even old enough to have digested enough music to know if something is "unoriginal" or not. Come on, man. No one is "stuck with it" in music. Your contention that "original mainstream rock acts were basically non-existent" just goes to show you're looking in all the wrong places.
    I disagree. Its much easier to come across certain music when everyone else around you is listening to it too. What's popular during certain era's definitely makes a huge difference. If someone's never heard much of a particular artist, how would you expect that they'd just randomly decide to youtube their songs, and the right ones at that.
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I disagree. Its much easier to come across certain music when everyone else around you is listening to it too. What's popular during certain era's definitely makes a huge difference. If someone's never heard much of a particular artist, how would you expect that they'd just randomly decide to youtube their songs, and the right ones at that.
    God help you if your life is guided by what's easiest. It's called "following links". It's called
    "reading album liner notes". Read review sites. There are a million ways to find treasures
    in life, but you never ever will if you want everything handed to you by your radio and TV.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash

they spread themselves so thin, well, Maynard. They are supposed to get something out this year. But I heard that **** last year.

vCash
    My favorite band from the 90's was AFI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAMvYBCsRwU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SACNYY View Post
    My favorite band from the 90's was AFI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAMvYBCsRwU
    I've never heard of that band lol At least I didn't recognize any songs I looked up.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    I've never heard of that band lol At least I didn't recognize any songs I looked up.
    Guess you ain't into whiny-pseudo-goth emo **** then. :laugh2 I wish the ghost of Rozz Williams could come back from the
    grave and make them disappear for all time.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast