http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4wYZsAJb2Y&sns=em

Filter - Hey Man Nice Shot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BHc72HQ05M&sns=em

Our Lady Peace - Superman's Dead
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t755JKqKt0Y&sns=em

The Wallflowers - One Headlight
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzyfcys1aLM&sns=em
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    I can't forget the Deftones

vCash
    I'm 21 and I grew up with bands like Taking Back Sunday, Jimi Eat World, Blink 182. But I gotta say as far as alternative rock is concerned the 90s take it pretty easy.

Never got into Alice in Chains. Soundgarden was pretty good. l Hated Pearl Jam. But Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins were incredible. I still listen to Smashing Pumpkins regularly. Nirvana occasionally. Smashing Pumpkins sounded beautiful and intense at the same time. Nirvana was catchy. Still have yet to find another band with so many catchy songs.

vCash
    +1 on the Pumpkins, I listen to Siamese Dream all the time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, I think Smashing Pumpkins are overlooked by some since Corgan is a pretentious dick whose singing voice kinda sounds like a woman. They put out some great music.
    agreed dude. I loved the Smashing Pumpkins, but they get overlooked all the time.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    I'm 21 and I grew up with bands like Taking Back Sunday, Jimi Eat World, Blink 182. But I gotta say as far as alternative rock is concerned the 90s take it pretty easy.

Never got into Alice in Chains. Soundgarden was pretty good. l Hated Pearl Jam. But Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins were incredible. I still listen to Smashing Pumpkins regularly. Nirvana occasionally. Smashing Pumpkins sounded beautiful and intense at the same time. Nirvana was catchy. Still have yet to find another band with so many catchy songs.
    why not AIC's? I thought they had some great tunes. Their unplugged album is off the charts awesome imho.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    why not AIC's? I thought they had some great tunes. Their unplugged album is off the charts awesome imho.
    They were pretty good, but completely unoriginal to me.

vCash
    Just look at the first bands he mentioned as ones he likes....
    Lol that's what I was thinking too.

To each their own!
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Word.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    no doubt, I was just curious. Music is subjective. There is no way we can prove each others opinions right or wrong, was just asking. I loved AIC.

vCash
    I grew up in the 2000s. The rock music I liked was what it was because I was stuck with it. Original, mainstream rock acts were basically non existent that decade. And I hated all that Strokes/hipster stuff.

I've already stated that 90s Alternative blows away the millennial decade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    I grew up in the 2000s. The rock music I liked was what it was because I was stuck with it. Original, mainstream rock acts were basically non existent that decade. And I hated all that Strokes/hipster stuff.

I've already stated that 90s Alternative blows away the millennial decade.
    It doesn't matter WHEN you grew up. There is an entire history of music at anyone's disposal now.
    You can listen to plenty of it free on YouTube. I never have understood why people blame when they grew up, on their musical tastes, and by that they mean, "I couldn't help what was on TV and the radio."

That's just lazy. There is SO much music in the world, and always has been. What is "popular" is generally the lowest common denominator. Ya gotta go DIG to find the good stuff. It's underneath all the bull**** and the posing and it's as far from Top 40 and TV as it can get. I'm just gonna guess you've only heart about 2% of AIC's total output. Unoriginal? You're not even old enough to have digested enough music to know if something is "unoriginal" or not. Come on, man. No one is "stuck with it" in music. Your contention that "original mainstream rock acts were basically non-existent" just goes to show you're looking in all the wrong places.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Pearl Ham, Alice in Chains and Tool are the big ones for me from that era

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Pearl Ham, Alice in Chains and Tool are the big ones for me from that era
    Hee hee! I know it was a mistake, but "Pearl Ham" is actually pretty cool.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    It doesn't matter WHEN you grew up. There is an entire history of music at anyone's disposal now.
    You can listen to plenty of it free on YouTube. I never have understood why people blame when they grew up, on their musical tastes, and by that they mean, "I couldn't help what was on TV and the radio."

That's just lazy. There is SO much music in the world, and always has been. What is "popular" is generally the lowest common denominator. Ya gotta go DIG to find the good stuff. It's underneath all the bull**** and the posing and it's as far from Top 40 and TV as it can get. I'm just gonna guess you've only heart about 2% of AIC's total output. Unoriginal? You're not even old enough to have digested enough music to know if something is "unoriginal" or not. Come on, man. No one is "stuck with it" in music. Your contention that "original mainstream rock acts were basically non-existent" just goes to show you're looking in all the wrong places.
    I own Facelift, Dirt and Jar of Flies. I bought them all because I have an extensive music collection. I have over 5000 songs and about 50% of it is rock and most of that is Alternative. Yes AIC was unoriginal. They were a heavy metal band that cashed in on what Nirvana had created. They started dressing slacker and were believe it or not a fabrication. I know they aren't the stereotypical AC/DC rock band, but they were a fabrication.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast