Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Superbowl winning teams usually end up costing more. The only team that appears to manage it well are the Pats. Then again, Eli kinda wrecked their Superbowl's.
    Pats also had guys willing to take less $to play there and drafted more 2nd round picks than 1st and drafted late 1sts plus having good drafts =cheap studs .. Then rinse and repeat.

vCash
    Man I wish we had Bellichick as our head coach (with all due respect to Coughlin, who's a hell of a coach, bellichick knows what the hell he's doing all the time and drafting is his best talent)
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Cutting Boley, Bradshaw and Canty now has the Giants at roughly $3mil below the cap.

Gotta remember: need a couple mil for rookies and they like going into a season with $1-2 mil in space in case they need to sign guys to replace injured players, etc.

THEN we can look at the money needed for Cruz, Nicks, Beatty, Bennett (or whatever solution they go with at TE), etc. Bound to be more cuts tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Cutting Boley, Bradshaw and Canty now has the Giants at roughly $3mil below the cap.

Gotta remember: need a couple mil for rookies and they like going into a season with $1-2 mil in space in case they need to sign guys to replace injured players, etc.

THEN we can look at the money needed for Cruz, Nicks, Beatty, Bennett (or whatever solution they go with at TE), etc. Bound to be more cuts tomorrow.
    There's no way we were 10 million over? Could it have been that bad?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    I thought we were projected at $5 mil over, so maybe of the $13+ cut not all was a cap hit? I'm very confused about all this really. Nobody's numbers match up and I'm not sure anyone but Reese and Mara know where they're at.

vCash
    I thought we were projected at $5 mil over, so maybe of the $13+ cut not all was a cap hit? I'm very confused about all this really. Nobody's numbers match up and I'm not sure anyone but Reese and Mara know where they're at.
    Yeah hearing that Webster only has like 2 million dead money and Diehl has like none ? WTF?
    Last edited by GMenFanSince90; 02-06-2013 at 08:40 PM.

vCash
    ..I guess we wait for tomorrow....it sucked seeing Boley go, but cutting Canty & Ahmad Bradshaw a.k.a. Big Blue Heart, got too much mixed emotions to comment on that
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

vCash
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    Man I wish we had Bellichick as our head coach (with all due respect to Coughlin, who's a hell of a coach, bellichick knows what the hell he's doing all the time and drafting is his best talent)[/QUOTE
    ]

Drafting is his best talent? His draft record is a mediocre/joke.

vCash
    [QUOTE=NYSPORTS98;25325859]
    ]

Drafting is his best talent? His draft record is a mediocre/joke.
    forgive me...half of the stuff I post looks ridiculous to me a couple days later .....but back to the topic, he's really good at managing his roster, getting the right players to fit his system, too bad JR doesn't get the same recognition, cuz he does the same thing too, expect he makes a roster full of super bowl contenders, not playoff contenders

vCash
    [QUOTE=cowboyskilla;25326138]
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post

forgive me...half of the stuff I post looks ridiculous to me a couple days later .....but back to the topic, he's really good at managing his roster, getting the right players to fit his system, too bad JR doesn't get the same recognition, cuz he does the same thing too, expect he makes a roster full of super bowl contenders, not playoff contenders
    Boston sports radio today broke down all the picks and money needed to replace Samuel. Turns out it was 8 players to 1 to break even (off by 1 pick) and the cost was many draft picks.

BB non-stop trading back in the draft has resulted in passing on a ton of talent. Trading Richard Seymour for that #1 pick appeared to a heist but the loss of GAP control may have been the difference in the Pats not winning two more Superbowls. Great system but it's been flawed enough to not obtain another ring.

vCash
    Yeah hearing that Webster only has like 2 million dead money and Diehl has like none ? WTF?
    Yeah I don't get it. Gonna hit up some of the sports writers to figure this out.

[QUOTE=NYSPORTS98;25326434]
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post

Boston sports radio today broke down all the picks and money needed to replace Samuel. Turns out it was 8 players to 1 to break even (off by 1 pick) and the cost was many draft picks.

BB non-stop trading back in the draft has resulted in passing on a ton of talent. Trading Richard Seymour for that #1 pick appeared to a heist but the loss of GAP control may have been the difference in the Pats not winning two more Superbowls. Great system but it's been flawed enough to not obtain another ring.
    In the past they've been able to rest on his scheming ability with reasonable talent. Think he's gambled a bit too much lately, but it seems to be swinging back as they find talent on D.

vCash
    Ok, so per Ralph V. it WAS that bad. They were projected at $10 mil over. So the OP in this thread with John Clayton's $4.7 mil over was incorrect.

Holy ****ing **** that's crazy.

We seriously might be entering rebuilding mode. We're lucky that 8-8 or 9-7 could win this division right now.

vCash
    Ok, so per Ralph V. it WAS that bad. They were projected at $10 mil over. So the OP in this thread with John Clayton's $4.7 mil over was incorrect.

Holy ****ing **** that's crazy.

We seriously might be entering rebuilding mode. We're lucky that 8-8 or 9-7 could win this division right now.
    When does that TV money kick in and really raise the cap? Next year right? I knew we were facked this year and that's why I wrote it and said 2012 will be our last really good shot with the core of the team. We will need to rebuild/revamp and hope the pieces fall together

vCash
    The salary cap is ****ing ******** how low it's gonna be, quite honestly it's ****ing bs. A ton of teams have to cut players, reconfigure contracts etc every season. The NFL needs to wake the **** up and realize this is way too low.

At least have a flex cap rather then hard. It could at least allow teams to keep their own players and have mle's for vets rather then getting pushed out of the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    The salary cap is ****ing ******** how low it's gonna be, quite honestly it's ****ing bs. A ton of teams have to cut players, reconfigure contracts etc every season. The NFL needs to wake the **** up and realize this is way too low.

At least have a flex cap rather then hard. It could at least allow teams to keep their own players and have mle's for vets rather then getting pushed out of the league.
    Yeah issue is as soon as the cap goes up, the guys just inflate their contracts by that amount and it's the same **** issue. TV money is kicking in next year I believe

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast