Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

If MLB combined teams in NY

Its January 11th, I'm so bored with baseball right now that even Colin Cowgill is looked at as a "Major trade" so give me a break on coming up with a crazy idea that would never happen. Just for fun....

If MLB contracted a NYC team to make a "Super Team" called the Menkees,

#1 would you root for this new team and adopt them as your own

#2 would you switch allegences to another team in MLB

#3 would you stop watching MLB

#4 What would your lineup look like

#5 What would your Pitching staff look like

#6 What would the team colors be?

vCash
    I would root for this team as I cried my eyes out

Lineup/poitions Davis,cano,Jeter,Wright, The Entire Yankee outfield, D'Aunard (Because both teams have major catching problems

Rotation/Bullpen CC, Santana, Niese, hughes, Harvey, Nova (Wheeler in the wings)
    Rivera, Robertson, Joba, Parnell, Francisco, Edgin

Team Colors Add orange to the yankee Blue, Keep the Yankee NY
    Last edited by Captain Moroni; 01-11-2013 at 03:24 PM.

vCash
    While Capt Moroni is certainly one of my favorite posters, this thread has earned a nomination for the "Oy" Award.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Can they all come on to the field with "More Than A Feeling" playing overhead?
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Casey Stengel as skipper. Yeah, he's dead but...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    While Capt Moroni is certainly one of my favorite posters, this thread has earned a nomination for the "Oy" Award.
    Look, I said I was bored......I hate this offseason about as much as I hated last years. It's either post on the Knicks board where 90% of the posters are under 14 years old and change their minds based on every win or loss, or make up something absurd. now play along, and answer my ridiculously stupid questions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Can they all come on to the field with "More Than A Feeling" playing overhead?
    In my dream sequence....absolutely
    BTW Tom Sholtz does a fantastic Guitar version of the star Spangled banner. If i knew how to paste that on here i would. If you can find it....freakishly awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Voodoo View Post
    Casey Stengel as skipper. Yeah, he's dead but...
    Joe Torre is the Obvious choice, coached both teams and is actually still breathing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    Look, I said I was bored......I hate this offseason about as much as I hated last years. It's either post on the Knicks board where 90% of the posters are under 14 years old and change their minds based on every win or loss, or make up something absurd. now play along, and answer my ridiculously stupid questions.
    fine.

#1 would you root for this new team and adopt them as your own SURE

#2 would you switch allegences to another team in MLB NO

#3 would you stop watching MLB NO

#4 What would your lineup look like

Jeter
    d'Arnaud
    Cano
    Texiera
    Wright
    Whoeverisplayinglffortheyankeesthisyear
    Whoeverisplayingcffortheyankeesthisyear
    Whoeverisplayingrffortheyankeesthisyear

#5 What would your Pitching staff look like
    CC Sabbathia
    Matt Harvey
    Andy Pettite
    Hiroki Kiroda
    Jon Niese
    Phil Hughes
    The Yankee bullpen

#6 What would the team colors be?
    Navy Blue, White, and Orange
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    As the Captain said, when Cowgill or Cowgirl whatever is the big offseason trade and we spin round round like Dead or Alive about the HOF shafting of Piazza this is the result, the New York Menkees.

vCash
    The ace of the Menkees would be C.C. Santana and the best hitter would be Robinson Wright and the closer Francisco Rivera.

vCash
    Im a met fan till I die ... if the teams converged I would at least consider the dodgers and giants as well because thats where our colors come from
    I'm just that damn nice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by So Co Jo View Post
    Im a met fan till I die ... if the teams converged I would at least consider the dodgers and giants as well because thats where our colors come from
    If they combined it would be predominately Yankees with some token Mets sprinkled in to appease the mass of Mets fans. I'd say if Niese is still on the Mets by the trade deadline, him with Wright, Wheeler, Harvey and T.A. Ike as the D.H. if they are able to send A-Flop packing.

vCash
    How about merging the Mets/Yanks with a Florida team...Mets merge with the Rays with the Rays owner taking control of the combined team in Queens; with the Yanks getting the Marlins...both of the current principle owners of the Florida franchises are NYers...

vCash
    I think I would stop reading PSD message boards.

In fact, after reading this, I may quit anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast