Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Well of course they're gonna play zone, they played zone last year. But sticking Carr and Claiborne exclusively in zone coverage is just a flat out waste of their abilities and I'm sure Kiffin can see that. Even with his other teams Kiffin still employed a little bit of man coverage so it's not like it's a foreign idea to him.
    Right. All teams play man sometimes. But I expect more zone, than man. Which doesn't bode well for the CB's you have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFtw View Post
    Right. All teams play man sometimes. But I expect more zone, than man. Which doesn't bode well for the CB's you have.
    Kiffin is no fool and I don't think he's going to force his starting CBs to play something they can't succeed in.

vCash
    Cowboys are moving to a 4-3? Wonder how DeMarcus Ware feels about putting his hand on the ground

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Ive been saying cowboys should go to 4-3 again for awhile. Besides Ware Cowboys dont produce enough pressure.

Ware wont ever have to play coverage which teams were smart and started keeping a TE on that side to keep Ware from coming. 4-3 Ware is always coming. Cowboys also have some young stud LB's not in Lee and Carter. Ratliff would extend his career and be a beast as a DT in a 4-3. Spencer would be let go cause he is prob not a great DE. Cowboys would have to pick up another DE.

Ware, Ratliff, Hatcher, Crawford be best to let Crawford get another

year as a rotation player. Osi would be a good pickup for a year.

At LB you would have Carter, Lee, Wilbur or a FA

3-4 has not brought the Cowboys success. They have never won anything as a 3-4 defense. 5 SB's as a 4-3 defense and 8 appearances. Go back to what works

vCash
    good hire, terrible OP

vCash
    Great hire he's one of the best as for Ware doesn't matter what he thinks if he doen't like it he can leave they need to cut some cap space anyway if I'm not mistaken

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFtw View Post
    But if he brings the Tampa 2, they will play zone, lol. He can say it all he wants, but we all know what he is famous for, and that's the tampa 2. I expect some version of it.
    They are also very good corners at the LOS, which they will be doing alot in the Tampa 2. They may not play as much man (which Ryan didn't even have them doing very often anyways this year), but they will still play to a big part of their strengths (getting jams at the LOS)

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

vCash
    I used to regard Kiffin as a bit of a legend. Hasn't had much success with his dopey son...but I still think it's a great hire.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    I can see them being a top 7 D next year

vCash
    I wonder if it's possible ground work to hire Gruden if the offense holds them back this season and Garrett is canned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sjbirds View Post
    Hate the cowboys but good hire
    Yeah I have to agree as an Eagles fan this really bites. I am interested to see Ware at RDE.

vCash
    Great hire.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    If the cowboys move to a 4-3 it will be terrible for them Imo, Ware would be just an average DE and nothing special, as all of the "great" 3-4 OLB would be if they had to line up against lineman all the time. They just dont seem to have the personal to do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    If the cowboys move to a 4-3 it will be terrible for them Imo, Ware would be just an average DE and nothing special, as all of the "great" 3-4 OLB would be if they had to line up against lineman all the time. They just dont seem to have the personal to do it.
    Ware would def. be an above average DE in a 4-3 scheme. Cowboys played more 4-3 fronts in their regular defense the past few years then most traditinoal 3-4 teams do. His hand is on the ground a lot already. They def. have the interior defensive lineman to pull it off (as pretty much all of them are more suited for a 4-3 then 3-4). Sean Lee is made to be a middle backer in a Tampa 2 scheme, and Bruce Carter would be a tremendous Will backer with his well above average LB speed. They will probably let Spencer walk now, so they'll need another DE, and at least 1 safety (possibly a whole new set of safeties). Carr and Claiborne are gifted enough that they can adjust and still play well (Kiffen has already said he will still play to their strenghts, so expect to still a lot of jams at the LOS) . IMO, safety should be their number 1 priority for the defense (second overal to the offensive line).
    Last edited by d79cheese; 01-11-2013 at 11:37 PM.

vCash
    This is going to sound stupid, but has there ever been a 3-4 Tampa-2? I realize that the T2 was created with a 4-3, but I don't really see why it couldn't be used in a 3-4. You'd have the 3 DL and one blitzer each play, then you'd still have 4 DBs and 3 LBs in coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by NFLNBA View Post
    Ive been saying cowboys should go to 4-3 again for awhile. Besides Ware Cowboys dont produce enough pressure.

Ware wont ever have to play coverage which teams were smart and started keeping a TE on that side to keep Ware from coming. 4-3 Ware is always coming. Cowboys also have some young stud LB's not in Lee and Carter. Ratliff would extend his career and be a beast as a DT in a 4-3. Spencer would be let go cause he is prob not a great DE. Cowboys would have to pick up another DE.

Ware, Ratliff, Hatcher, Crawford be best to let Crawford get another

year as a rotation player. Osi would be a good pickup for a year.

At LB you would have Carter, Lee, Wilbur or a FA
    I think Ware would be an above average DE in a 4-3, but he won't be near as effective as he was at OLB in a 3-4. Ware does so much with that extra couple of steps, and it's hard to think there wouldn't be some growing pains in a complete switch.

I wonder if the Cowboys wouldn't be better off trying to trade him. I bet a team like PIT/GB/BAL (teams that are already pretty solid, but could use an elite talent like Ware, and wouldn't be hurt by trading multiple picks) would sell the farm for D-Ware.

3-4 has not brought the Cowboys success. They have never won anything as a 3-4 defense. 5 SB's as a 4-3 defense and 8 appearances. Go back to what works
    Easy there, Forrest Gump. It's not the 90's anymore. The Cowboys also don't have the #1 OL, by a large margin at that, to help them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast