Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Phoenix Suns (12-25) @ Brooklyn Nets (20-15)

.._______________
    (12-25)________________(20-15)

January 11, 2013
    Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY
    Gametime 7:30 PM ET

The Brooklyn Nets dropped their final five home games to the Phoenix Suns when they were based in New Jersey, but that streak seems poised to end.

The Nets can match a season high with their fifth straight win Friday night when they look to hand the Suns a fifth straight defeat and 12th in a row on the road.

Phoenix (12-25) has taken the last five road matchups in this series heading into its first visit to Brooklyn (20-15). The Suns, however, had Steve Nash for those contests and were a much better team than this one -- Phoenix enters with the Western Conference's second-worst record, having lost 10 of 11 games overall.

This is the Suns' longest road skid since a 14-game slide from Jan. 3-Feb. 17, 1984.

"Like I said to the guys, no one's going to dig us out of this, we've got to dig ourselves out of this," coach Alvin Gentry said. "And no one feels sorry for you in the NBA."

Brooklyn, meanwhile, has won six of seven games under interim coach P.J. Carlesimo entering the opener of a three-game homestand. The Nets have beaten only one winning team in that stretch, including victories over the league's worst teams in Washington, Cleveland and Charlotte, and won't be complaining about facing another similar foe.

"We had a schedule that was favorable to us and we took advantage of it," Carlesimo said.

Brooklyn is now 14-0 against teams with losing records at the time played after its second straight 20-point win, 109-89 at Philadelphia on Tuesday. Deron Williams scored 22 points and Andray Blatche added 20 just hours after he was questioned by Philadelphia police as part of a sexual assault investigation at an upscale hotel.

Carlesimo said he did not expect the situation to distract Blatche, averaging 14.5 points on 56.8 percent shooting during this win streak.

"He's been playing well and I expect him to play well today," the coach said Tuesday.

Reggie Evans grabbed a career-high 23 rebounds as the Nets held a 50-32 cushion on the glass.

"It don't matter to me about scoring," said Evans, who had two points. "We've got guys in here that can go out and score 100 points every night. When I score, it's a bonus. I just want to go out, do what I do, and get wins."

The Suns are still one win shy of becoming the fourth NBA team to reach 2,000. Phoenix is halfway through a four-game trip after falling 87-79 to Boston on Wednesday, shooting 39.3 percent and finishing with its third-lowest point total of the season.

Luis Scola scored 16 points and Goran Dragic chipped in 14 for Phoenix.

"We always have lapses. Sometimes it happens early, sometimes it happens later," Scola said. "Even in the games we've won, we play this way."

The Nets are shooting 46.6 percent under Carlesimo as they face a Suns defense allowing opponents to shoot 47.1 percent -- the West's worst mark.

Friday's game is a homecoming for Suns reserve guard Sebastian Telfair, a Brooklyn native who will play in the borough for the first time.

vCash
    Sorry this took a while, I've been without a computer. I already know the first logo is the old one, but there isn't a Brooklyn one as of right now. Make sure you click the pictures for more information!

I still have some things Id like to try in the future, but please let me know what you guys think so far.

As for the game, Brooklyn should win this one convincingly. Go Nets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDN90 View Post
    Sorry this took a while, I've been without a computer. I already know the first logo is the old one, but there isn't a Brooklyn one as of right now. Make sure you click the pictures for more information!

I still have some things Id like to try in the future, but please let me know what you guys think so far.

As for the game, Brooklyn should win this one convincingly. Go Nets!
    Really excited man! Glad you got this up 6 hours before haha only teasing! I did something VERY similar last year, but it just took up so much time finding the starting 5 and their individual photos, etc. But glad we can trade off on it!

Suns are one of those teams that can show up one night and not another. Hopefully we keep this 4 game WINNING streak alive!

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash

Five straight...LEGGO

Obviously its different because this is basketball, but the Yankees never lost a series I did the IGT for.

vCash
    Looking forward to my first Brooklyn game tonight!

Let's get another W

btw love the thread!
    Gamertag 360: I Play Bald (Add It!)
    Twitter: @RSchnyderite10

vCash
    Just heard on WFAN that Joe Johnson might not play due to being sick.... cold/flu symptoms

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rurichie View Post
    Looking forward to my first Brooklyn game tonight!

Let's get another W

btw love the thread!
    Same as well! A lot of PSD representation at the game tonight lol. Any word on jj or tele? Heard they were both under the weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkib View Post
    Just heard on WFAN that Joe Johnson might not play due to being sick.... cold/flu symptoms
    JJ is under the weather. I would probably just limit his minutes tonight if he can give it a go, depending on the start of the game

"The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Teletovic might be out too with illness. He's the player I've been trying to watch the most since Avery got fired ahhh
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPalahniuk View Post
    Teletovic might be out too with illness. He's the player I've been trying to watch the most since Avery got fired ahhh
    Smart idea man. Sometimes its good to witness the struggling players under one coach, but a successful player under another coach

-Mikhail Prokhorov

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash

Phoenix Suns (12-25) @ Brooklyn Nets (20-15)

Last time I'm gonna post bc I'm at the game.

So pissed Mirza is not playing. Such a let down. Glad JJ is though.

For anyone who hasn't done it, come to a game. Stadium is gorgeous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    Lehgo! Glad its a rainy day and I'm chillin on the couch watching the Nets

-Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Guys??? hahaha Helloooooo

-Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Brook is 1-8. He is everything to our offense. On days that he struggles to beat the double team, we should play him an Blatche together so the defense can't focus on Brook in the post.

vCash
    brrooookkkklyyyynnnnn.... didnt catch most of the game but i know we were bhind in the 3rd. good thing we dont have those terrible 3rds anymore.
    BBRRRROOOOOOOKKKKLLNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast