Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    I'd rather pay 199 dollars for the MLB Extra Innings package and see them all from the comfort of my own home.
    I always do that too, but I had never been to Citi Field before that and don't get to see the Mets often, so I figured I'd splurge a bit and get really good seats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    How does Stub Hub work???? I was under the impression they got their tickets from people who have already bought them from the Mets. Fans who can't make it to the game sell it to stub hub for whatever they can get.

If that's the case, wouldn't the Mets have already gotten full price for the tickets????
    The Mets will privately put tickets they don't think they'd be able to sell otherwise up for sale on StubHub for a discount, which is what makes the pricing on these ticket packages even more maddening.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash

Why the Mets are @$%^°±±

The use of stubhub by major league teams basically allows them to sell tickets for a discount that they don't want to admit they are selling for a discount.

It's basically a supply-demand correction. But it will work against fans (at least in terms of prices) when a team is winning and selling a bunch of tickets.

Enjoy the benefit while you can.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    I agree with FOC. I don't understand why they don't offer more incentives to buy early and lock yourself in to a few games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I always do that too, but I had never been to Citi Field before that and don't get to see the Mets often, so I figured I'd splurge a bit and get really good seats.
    I would too. The only time I can see them live is when they come out to the West Coast to play the Giants or interleague play to play Oakland. I don't normally go to So-Cal although I would love to go to Petco and watch them play the Padres. If they play them around Comic Con then I will go for sure.

vCash
    Is that how much it is this year????

I paid $180 for it last year.
    It's 199 I believe if you don't get it when they have the earlybird special.

vCash
    Handling/convenience fees etc. are extremely annoying. I once paid a ticket fee for a play and I bought the tickets at the box office.

It would be less annoying if they increased the price of the ticket and didn't tell you there is a fee. The fact that they charge the add on fee leads me to believe there is some sort of advantage to them to do it. Maybe fees are taxed differently or some expense for actors/players/unions etc. is tied into ticket prices exclusive of the handling fees and the management can just pocket 100% of the fees.

i dunno.
    Handling fee, that means somebody put the ticket with their hands in an envelope and handed it to another guy with hands at Fed Ex. And there is nothing convenient about those other fees, they should just be named "for the hell of it fees"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    The use of stubhub by major league teams basically allows them to sell tickets for a discount that they don't want to admit they are selling for a discount.

It's basically a supply-demand correction. But it will work against fans (at least in terms of prices) when a team is winning and selling a bunch of tickets.

Enjoy the benefit while you can.
    Mets use dynamic pricing for single game tickets and flex packs. Its on the web site.

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/tick...ricing_faq.jsp
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    When I go to Citi I generally buy from a 3rd market PRIVATE source, over the years I've forged a good relationship with a few private re-sellers on Ebay and Stub-Hub and they contact me via email and offer me certain games at about 1/2 price or rather 2 for 1, my favorite is they guy who has tickets in section 107 row 12, right above the tunnel where Mr Met comes out, there are only 4 seats in that row and most of the time the other 2 seats were empty so me and my friend or a date were able to enjoy more space, no body can walk in front of you and there is about 4ft behind them so nobody is kicking your seat either...as for stub hub it's getting harder to find the private resellers due to how the network is set up, Ebay was the way to go last year, no excess fees and real paper tickets mailed to me...

One last thing about Stub-Hub...The Mets may follow the Yankee's lead and dissolve their partnership with S.H. when the current deal runs out...opting to start their own 3rd market service...or so the rumors I hear....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Mets use dynamic pricing for single game tickets and flex packs. Its on the web site.

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/tick...ricing_faq.jsp
    Yeah but why pay more for a ticket when you can find a discounted one somewhere else?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah but why pay more for a ticket when you can find a discounted one somewhere else?
    The poster was saying the Mets dont want to admit they sell tickets for less...however the policy of dynamic pricing clearly indicates they readily PROMOTE it.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    The poster was saying the Mets dont want to admit they sell tickets for less...however the policy of dynamic pricing clearly indicates they readily PROMOTE it.
    Well obviously through dynamic pricing some games are gonna be less expensive just based on whatever their criteria for having gold, silver, and regular games are (whether that be inter-divisional, games against more premiere teams, etc etc)

It doesn't change the fact that if the team or a private seller is gonna sell the tickets for less than face value someone shouldn't snatch them up.

vCash

Why the Mets are @$%^°±±

Dynamic pricing does not come close to dropping ticket prices to their actual sales value for the demand. Not when the team is losing consistently.

Tickets on stubhub often get sold for next to nothing. The team won't directly offer that.

But they benefit tremendously when those fans park their cars and enter the park.

Stubhub, without doubt, accomplishes that in a way the team - even with dynamic pricing - will never try on its own.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    I'll be at the March 15 spring training game. Mets vs Braves at Disney World. One $35 ticket ended up costing me $49

March 11 game Mets vs Tigers in Lakeland. Two $23 tickets cost me $57.

They all pull this crap. I think it is income they don't have to share with the visiting team.

vCash
    I can't wait until I'm retired in years from now and (hopefully) I'd be able to go down to Florida for a month and go to a bunch of Mets ST games. Seems like something that would really be enjoyable.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast