Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Last year I went to a Mets game against the Nationals (they lost 5-2 to the Nationals, of course) and paid something like $115 per ticket to sit 5-6 rows behind the Mets dugout, and on the home plate side of the dugout too. I think that's a million times better than paying $30 to sit in basically the nosebleeds.
    I'd rather have the extra $85 bucks in my pocket. That said, I'd rather keep the whole $115 and catch the game it on the flatscreen.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 01-11-2013 at 04:37 PM.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I can't wait to see next years plan.

'We'd rather' look elsewhere' 'We're gonna let the market come to us' 'We'd prefer not too' 'We'd like a shorter term deal' 'Out of our price range' 'We've got in house options' and
    'His mom smells, so there'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkiddvc20 View Post
    Haha yep got that Email as well. I go to anywhere from 12-20 games a season but I never buy the packages I always just buy single game tickets on Stubhub. I also bought the 10 dollar student tickets a lot of the time last season. All I needed to do was show them my college ID.
    If you have a college ID you should be able to manage the daily baseball operations because you are already ahead of the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    I can't wait to see next years plan.

'We'd rather' look elsewhere' 'We're gonna let the market come to us' 'We'd prefer not too' 'We'd like a shorter term deal' 'Out of our price range' 'We've got in house options' and
    'His mom smells, so there'.
    The "If my mother had a moustache she'd be my father" excuse, I mean plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I'd rather have the extra $85 bucks in my pocket. That said, I'd rather keep the whole $115 and catch the game it on the flatscreen.
    I'd rather pay 199 dollars for the MLB Extra Innings package and see them all from the comfort of my own home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    I'd rather pay 199 dollars for the MLB Extra Innings package and see them all from the comfort of my own home.
    This.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Is that how much it is this year????

I paid $180 for it last year.

vCash
    How does Stub Hub work???? I was under the impression they got their tickets from people who have already bought them from the Mets. Fans who can't make it to the game sell it to stub hub for whatever they can get.

If that's the case, wouldn't the Mets have already gotten full price for the tickets????

vCash
    I still love seeing the Mets live.

I think for some the trek to the stadium bothers them but i am 25 minutes away via subway so whatever.

Saying that, i have caught myself going to less games over the last 3 years but that's gonna happen when the team sucks. Only the diehards of the diehards or people who have an endless amount of disposable income are gonna keep showing up.

I'll still go to opening day this year, the ASG, Wheeler and D'Arnaud's home debuts this year and that's about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    How does Stub Hub work???? I was under the impression they got their tickets from people who have already bought them from the Mets. Fans who can't make it to the game sell it to stub hub for whatever they can get.

If that's the case, wouldn't the Mets have already gotten full price for the tickets????
    It's also seating bought directly from the Mets..

They signed a deal with Stubhub to sell unbought seats for games.

Sometimes you can get a really good deal on them. They had Delta Club Gold tickets i bought last year that usually go over 2 hundred bucks and i got them for 123 bucks a piece.

Stubhub charges you are service fee but for select games its not a bad place to go. In fact they have a retail outlet in Manhattan if you don't want to buy online.

vCash
    Handling/convenience fees etc. are extremely annoying. I once paid a ticket fee for a play and I bought the tickets at the box office.

It would be less annoying if they increased the price of the ticket and didn't tell you there is a fee. The fact that they charge the add on fee leads me to believe there is some sort of advantage to them to do it. Maybe fees are taxed differently or some expense for actors/players/unions etc. is tied into ticket prices exclusive of the handling fees and the management can just pocket 100% of the fees.

i dunno.

vCash
    When the team is lousy stub hub is always the way to go. You can usually get the best of the cheap seats (behind home plate) for about 15 bucks. If it weren't such a pain in the *** to get to for me I would go often.

vCash
    I paid $19.99 per month to watch the games last year on my computer desktop or laptop. You can cancel anytime, which I did at the end of
    May when the teams 2 out run scoring magic stopped. I may not get out of March this year.

vCash
    I mean April

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It's also seating bought directly from the Mets..

They signed a deal with Stubhub to sell unbought seats for games.

Sometimes you can get a really good deal on them. They had Delta Club Gold tickets i bought last year that usually go over 2 hundred bucks and i got them for 123 bucks a piece.

Stubhub charges you are service fee but for select games its not a bad place to go. In fact they have a retail outlet in Manhattan if you don't want to buy online.
    I got two Row D tickets along the third base side for 30ish each (with fees). If it weren't for stubhub, I sure as hell wouldn't go to as many games as I usually do.

The stubhub fees really aren't a pain. I'm pretty sure there's just the normal online ticket fee and then somehting like a 5 dollar fee to get them sent via email. Much better than some other sites I've seen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast