Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Why the Mets are @$%^°ħħ

So like most people in this forum, I received an email today from the Mets, telling me that Ps and Cs report next month and most importantly, to get my order in on one of the five Grand Slam ticket packages they're now offering.

Not that i have any intention of buying Met tix from any source other than Stub Hub this season but for S$&Ts and giggles, I was curious to see what they were offering early bird buyers.

Each of the packages includes tickets for four games with different themes (Playoff package featuring playoff teams from last year, divisional package, Saturday pack, Sunday pack, and Matinee) and of course a ticket to the All Star Fan Fest at the Javitz Center. Each package was identically priced, from $99 to $349.

So I explored.

First of all, none of the packages can be had at the listed price of $99. That's because they add an $11 Seat Fee and of course $10 for a handling fee. So if i wanted a single ticket for the cheapest seat it would cost me $120, or $30 a game.

Ok, still not horrible. Where would they be seating me for this $30?

Deep right field line by the foul pole!!!! Section 503, row 17!!!!!!!

What f-ing A-holes!!!! Here it is nearly 3 months before the start of the season,and if I was stupid enough to plunk down $120 in advance for one of their packages they'll reward my loyalty to a team that won't spend a nickle on new talent by sticking me in the right field corner????

Are they out of their f-ing minds? How stupid do they think we are?

Don't answer that last question.

http://mlb.mlb.com/nym/ticketing/gra...7409-518060270
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 01-11-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Ridiculous as it is FoC, none of this matters, because very few people will sign up for packages of seats ahead of the season (outside of those looking to secure ASG packages).

Ultimately, what they charge won't matter. If they put a winning product on the field, people will fill the park. If they don't, it will be a ghost town most of the year.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Ridiculous as it is FoC, none of this matters, because very few people will sign up for packages of seats ahead of the season (outside of those looking to secure ASG packages).

Ultimately, what they charge won't matter. If they put a winning product on the field, people will fill the park. If they don't, it will be a ghost town most of the year.
    I get that.

I still think it is rather short sighted for them to not offer some kind of incentive to buy early, especially in this era of Stub Hub and other third party ticket exchanges.

Or at least offer me better seats than what i might be able to find later on in the season. Otherwise, what's the point?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I changed the title so no one would be offended.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    I'm offended that you used a $ sign in the same sentence as the word Mets.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Gotta for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    They're just liars and cheats, end of story. How anyone doesn't get this totally beyond me.

vCash

Best. comment. ever.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    I'm waiting for the supporters to defend there precious front office.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    I'm waiting for the supporters to defend there precious front office.
    They're more interested in the FO than they are in the team.

vCash
    Gotta Unchained.
    Last edited by Claymation; 01-11-2013 at 04:15 PM.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Haha yep got that Email as well. I go to anywhere from 12-20 games a season but I never buy the packages I always just buy single game tickets on Stubhub. I also bought the 10 dollar student tickets a lot of the time last season. All I needed to do was show them my college ID.

vCash
    Stubhub FTW!

vCash
    Last year I went to a Mets game against the Nationals (they lost 5-2 to the Nationals, of course) and paid something like $115 per ticket to sit 5-6 rows behind the Mets dugout, and on the home plate side of the dugout too. I think that's a million times better than paying $30 to sit in basically the nosebleeds.

vCash
    In unrelated news, Danny Espinosa's home run in that game was the loudest sound I've ever heard a baseball bat make when hitting a ball. The absolute second he made contact it was obvious it was going to be a bomb, and it was. Landed like 3/4 of the way up the Pepsi Porch.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast