Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    ugh why is hayward gaurding smith. It should be the big 3 lineup with millsap gaurding him. Then his size won't be a problem
    this!!!!!

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    wow 3 straight blocks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo Porto View Post
    Devin Harris is playing like he should have played for us. We should have kept him instead of having to pay worthless Marvin Williams next year.
    Sorry Lo but agree with dhop- Marv is our best permeter Defender and personally I would take him over Harris. If Mo was healthy I think it would be a different game.

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    ugh why is hayward gaurding smith. it should be the big 3 lineup with millsap gaurding him. then his size won't be a problem
    I agree there should have been an adjustment. Our bench was so bad, none of those guys showed up. Watson was terrible again. I wanted to see Burks at the back-up PG again.

vCash
    Wait, I thought everyone wanted to fire Corbin because he wasn't playing the bench more?!?

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    they want corbin to play the bench when the bench has good games. and to sit the bench when they're not. basically, it's a have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too kinda thing. coaching in hindsight.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman5219 View Post
    Come on Chip, leave the dark side know as the Raider black hole and come to the light
    that would require me leaving the dark side for the ORANGE... blah, no thank you!! lol
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

vCash
    Hindsight is 20-20, but we'd be in a better situation if we had Devin Harris than trading for Marvin Williams. With Mo's injury and our ineptitude at PG, Devin would be helping us. And that's not to mention the fact that Marvin is due that big chunk of money next season.

Tough loss last night.

vCash
    I was thinking about this, but we started two guys who we got off of the scrap heap(carroll and tinsley) and one who only garnered a 2.5 mill contract(foye). I realize hayward played the most minutes at sf, but still there is incredible.

vCash
    I still this game proved nothing else that our bench can have bad nights, and the starters have had more bad nights than our bench, thats for sure. Corbin had some lineup miss matches last night that made completely no sense. As already mentioned, the Hayward Smith battle was sad.

Also, love Harpring for saying that Corbin wanted to rest the starters for this game so they could be fresh against a tough Detroit squad... I think Harpring is living 10 years behind, Ben Wallace Rasheed Wallace, Chanunceyyyyyy Buhubuhubillups are not on the Pistons.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    given how devin harris has done NOTHING at all since being traded, save for his where-did-that-come-from performance last night, i think it's a slam dunk who the winner of the martian/harris trade is, and it ain't atlanta.

and foye with 6-7 from downtown?
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

vCash
    suck it denver! hahaha
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo Porto View Post
    Hindsight is 20-20, but we'd be in a better situation if we had Devin Harris than trading for Marvin Williams. With Mo's injury and our ineptitude at PG, Devin would be helping us. And that's not to mention the fact that Marvin is due that big chunk of money next season.

Tough loss last night.
    Reading this made me think of the football axium; "If you have two QB's, you really have none."

Both guys are UFA's at the end of the season and Marvin makes a million less. Devin's stats are actually worse than Marvin's (which aren't great). But I think when healthy Marvin gives us something Harris doesn't. Marvin gives us a three that can stretch the D and can body up a guy like Lebron or Josh Smith. (If you watched Hayward try to guard Josh the other night you likely noticed that we actually miss Marvin on D)

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    Marvin does have a player option at the end of the year though so he could be back next for about the same money

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodsHair View Post
    Reading this made me think of the football axium; "If you have two QB's, you really have none."

Both guys are UFA's at the end of the season and Marvin makes a million less. Devin's stats are actually worse than Marvin's (which aren't great). But I think when healthy Marvin gives us something Harris doesn't. Marvin gives us a three that can stretch the D and can body up a guy like Lebron or Josh Smith. (If you watched Hayward try to guard Josh the other night you likely noticed that we actually miss Marvin on D)
    Marvin Williams has a player option for $7.5 million. For what he provides, that's a ripoff. CJ Miles at $3.7 was a bargain compared to what Marvin Williams provides at $7.5 (and he makes $8.3 this year). Marvin is a $5 or less type guy.

I understand your thinking about having two QB's, but I don't think that would have been the case with Devin and Mo. Both guys can play SG so I think they could have co-existed. The other night, Devin torched us playing SG while Teague was at PG.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast