Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,915
    vCash
    1500

    Hall of Fame: Parcels IN; Strahan OUT

    OL Larry Allen (Cowboys, 49ers)

    RB Jerome Bettis (Rams, Steelers)

    WR Tim Brown (Raiders, Bucs)

    WR Cris Carter (Eagles, Vikings, Dolphins)

    Owner Edward DeBartolo Jr. (49ers)

    LB Kevin Greene (Rams, Steelers, Panthers, 49ers)

    DE Charles Haley (Cowboys, 49ers)

    Owner Art Modell (Browns, Ravens)

    OL Jonathan Ogden (Ravens)

    Coach Bill Parcells (Giants, Patriots, Jets, Cowboys)

    WR Andre Reed (Bills, Redskins)

    DT Warren Sapp (Bucs, Raiders)

    OL Will Shields (Chiefs)

    DE Michael Strahan (Giants)

    DB Aeneas Williams (Cardinals, Rams)



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,678
    vCash
    1500
    Deep class, but they'll get in.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,888
    vCash
    1500
    It still ticks me off Ogden never became a Giant. Four top players in that draft and none fell to #5 so Young drafts a blind guy.


    Best player on that list, IMO, Larry Allen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFcWMC9vkZg amazing
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 01-11-2013 at 12:51 PM.
    .
    .
    .
    .

    "We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

    Sandy Alderson: 2011.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,915
    vCash
    1500
    Gotta be Parcells, Strahan, Ogden, Allen....probably Sapp and Carter too.

    Modell better get in this year, b/c it'll only get harder later. Need the emotional "he just died" vote.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Gotta be Parcells, Strahan, Ogden, Allen....probably Sapp and Carter too.

    Modell better get in this year, b/c it'll only get harder later. Need the emotional "he just died" vote.
    It's sad he past away, but he was not a good person and has committed some "major sins" in the sports business..he'll always be remembered for his cruel treatment of Paul Brown and that special 1995 Cleveland Browns team, that was primed for a first-time super bowl berth, as well as the city of Cleveland for 4 years of no-football... I personally wouldn't vote him in....besides he has only one super bowl win as an owner and there are plenty other owners who deserve to get in the H.O.F. (I'd rather vote for Jerry Jones than this guy, but that's my personal opinion)
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    It's sad he past away, but he was not a good person and has committed some "major sins" in the sports business..he'll always be remembered for his cruel treatment of Paul Brown and that special 1995 Cleveland Browns team, that was primed for a first-time super bowl berth, as well as the city of Cleveland for 4 years of no-football... I personally wouldn't vote him in....besides he has only one super bowl win as an owner and there are plenty other owners who deserve to get in the H.O.F. (I'd rather vote for Jerry Jones than this guy, but that's my personal opinion)
    Jerry jones deserves to be in eventually same with al Davis (often are compared to each other up until he died ..by the newer generation anyway..)

    Anyway ..CC should already be in same with Andre reed..dude was basically Michael Irving for the bills 4 Super Bowls in a row 4 losses yes but same set up (QB RB WR) and 4 AFC champs in a row is pretty big ..sure it hurts to lose the Super Bowl but look at Marino for rings anyway.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,656
    vCash
    1500
    WR-reed and CC must get in one year. Same with Tim Brown he was amazing almost a Jerry rice replica ..not huge ..played with him on the raiders too ..very similar styles I don't see why he wouldn't get in he has the #s .

    Giants- strahan and Parcells should be in 1st ballot (Parcells was on last year right?..shame)

    Ogden is a stud oline men historically and If he doesn't get in idk what it takes for an oline player to get in .

    Not big on bettis but his #s if I recall correctly (pls feel free to tell em I'm wrong) are HOF worthy ..? So factor that with his Super Bowl win and his beastly play I can see it .

    Some others I don't know we'll enough so ill admit ignorance. But a Williams never seemed to be a hof player to me just a consistent stud .. The almost hof type ..

    Warren sapp is almost a shoe in I can't see a reason he wouldn't get in we still haven't seen someone like him at DT since him or before him ..expecially in a 4-3. Sure Ngata for a quick example is a beast and haynesworth in a 4-3 was but. This dude was basically strahan but bigger and stronger (thus why he played DT lol). I can't see anyway he doesn't get in at least by next year...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,656
    vCash
    1500
    Reed n cc better get in soon same with brown..hof would be making a huge mistake leaving them out

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,678
    vCash
    1500
    Strahan didn't get in, that's ****ing bs.. 4-3 de who holds the record for the most sacks in the NFL season and is 5th on career sacks not to mention he was great in run support. How the **** doesn't he get in???

    8x pro bowler, Super Bowl champion, 2x NFC defensive player of the year and 1 year NFL defensive player of the year.

    How the **** does he not get in???
    Last edited by NY007; 02-02-2013 at 08:57 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    6,266
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Strahan didn't get in, that's ****ing bs.. 4-3 de who holds the record for the most sacks in the NFL season and is 5th on career sacks not to mention he was great in run support. How the **** doesn't he get in???

    8x pro bowler, Super Bowl champion, 2x NFC defensive player of the year and 1 year NFL defensive player of the year.

    How the **** does he not get in???
    The fact that Sapp got in over Strahan is mind boggling to me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    18,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Strahan didn't get in, that's ****ing bs.. 4-3 de who holds the record for the most sacks in the NFL season and is 5th on career sacks not to mention he was great in run support. How the **** doesn't he get in???

    8x pro bowler, Super Bowl champion, 2x NFC defensive player of the year and 1 year NFL defensive player of the year.

    How the **** does he not get in???

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Strahan didn't get in, that's ****ing bs.. 4-3 de who holds the record for the most sacks in the NFL season and is 5th on career sacks not to mention he was great in run support. How the **** doesn't he get in???

    8x pro bowler, Super Bowl champion, 2x NFC defensive player of the year and 1 year NFL defensive player of the year.

    How the **** does he not get in???
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Menfan4lyfe View Post
    The fact that Sapp got in over Strahan is mind boggling to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    before the guy announced the final 5 enshrines, I automatically was crossing my fingers for Strahan not to make it this year....why? Cause now he can get in next year and be recognized at Super Bowl 48 In METLIFE STADIUM!!!!! BIG BLUE NATION!
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

    Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

    NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    201
    Posts
    3,150
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Menfan4lyfe View Post
    The fact that Sapp got in over Strahan is mind boggling to me.
    I think this is what baffled me the most...absolutely got snubbed.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,915
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    before the guy announced the final 5 enshrines, I automatically was crossing my fingers for Strahan not to make it this year....why? Cause now he can get in next year and be recognized at Super Bowl 48 In METLIFE STADIUM!!!!! BIG BLUE NATION!
    Wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason they're waiting. Sapp over Strahan makes no sense.

    But lets curb the outrage for a minute and salute Bill f'n Parcels!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,678
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason they're waiting. Sapp over Strahan makes no sense.

    But lets curb the outrage for a minute and salute Bill f'n Parcels!
    Absolutely salute

    Watching espn now.. I never knew Carter was so close to being a Giant... Damn league rules wouldn't allow it.. Bs lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •