Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Press Conference thread

Please go ahead and put any transcripts or tweets of the PC here to not overcrowd the other threads already open. Thanks.

Mary Kay Cabot ‏ @ MaryKayCabot
    # Browns owner Jimmy Haslam, CEO Joe Banner and new # Browns coach Rob Chudzinski will meet w/ media 11 a.m. in Berea.

I believe from everything I am hearing it will be on STO, 92.3 The Fan, and ClevelandBrowns.com. I have heard NFL Network too but that is not confirmed. If anyone has any other place they know please update.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    Jimmy talking right now about credintials for Chud.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    Good idea Otto

vCash
    Jimmy said that Carolina scored 88 TD's last year compared to Cleveland that scored 48. Also said he has developed QB's at all stops and that was a big key in this decision. Hint Hint Weeden I think.

Chud is now introduced and speaking. Loving the orange tie.

No comments on coaching staff today. Wants to take this time to relay vision to players.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    Love that Chud grew up a Browns fan. He said it's been his lifelong dream to be the head coach of the Cleveland Browns.

vCash
    Chud wants to reach out to the players immediately with his vision for the team.

God dammit he just said it's a "process" I'm sure Shurmur is proud wherever he is.

vCash
    Could be a few days, maybe a month for GM/player personnel director to be hired. Chud will be involved in the process.

vCash
    Jimmy and Chud both with a "Process" drop.

Said they are still looking for GM/Director position and like stated before he could be in the next few days could be a month. Will make sure though it is the right person to work with Joe and Chud.

Question time.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    No comment from Chud on Weeden until he's able to evaluate him more. Says we're going to be an aggressive defense that attacks the quarterback, "whether it's a 4-3 or 3-4"

vCash
    Saying its premature right now to say wether or this team is going to be a winner in 2013 but said once they dive more into the situation he will have a better understanding of what they can and cant do.

Said he wants an attacking defense with turnovers and getting after the QB. Said hasn't made decision on 3-4 or 4-3 but that it will be a decision between him and DC at a later date.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    Chud wasn't contacted by the Browns until Tuesday

vCash
    Didn't hear from Cleveland till Tuesday of the week. Said Jimmy came to Carolina and offered job over dinner I believe. Stream cut out a little.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    From Toledo, OH not Canton, OH as Haslam said earlier. Jimmy probably thought he was hiring McDaniels.

Chud said meeting with coaches later this afternoon in house and will go from there.

This Guy is Ready!!!

vCash
    Rob, "We're going to share final say over the roster" sounded more like "Nope, I don't have final say over the roster."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Didn't hear from Cleveland till Tuesday of the week. Said Jimmy came to Carolina and offered job over dinner I believe. Stream cut out a little.
    Yup, that's right. Contacted Tuesday, interview Wednesday, offered job Thursday night.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast