Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Can't see them giving up a young and controllable arm in any deal. Maybe Syndergaard.

Eh, this deal has very little chance of happening.

I can't see it either.

They're not going to trade MH, TDA or Wheeler, so it doesn't get done IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    A 5 for 1 for Upton?

That's our 2 best hitting prospects for Upton and his huge deal, plus our 2B, who granted I'm not a big fan of, plus a good relief prospect plus a very good pitching prospect?

Insane.

We've just started building up a farm and now it's time to start draining it for less than sure thing player?
    Hell yeah. Upton is a core player.

Flores has no spot on the Mets. Nimmo hasn't even been in A ball yet.

Murphy is replaceable. Valdespin can step in.

I love Syndergaard, but for a player like Upton, he would definitely need to be added. Familia like you said is a relief prospect.

Sign me up for that deal if it's possible. I'd even sign Michael Bourn, then our OF would be legit.

C-d'Arnaud
    1B-Davis
    2B-Valdespin
    SS-Tejada
    3B-Wright
    LF-Duda/Hairston or Cowgill
    CF-Bourn
    RF-Upton

That's an awesome young offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Hell yeah. Upton is a core player.

Flores has no spot on the Mets. Nimmo hasn't even been in A ball yet.

Murphy is replaceable. Valdespin can step in.

I love Syndergaard, but for a player like Upton, he would definitely need to be added. Familia like you said is a relief prospect.

Sign me up for that deal if it's possible. I'd even sign Michael Bourn, then our OF would be legit.

C-d'Arnaud
    1B-Davis
    2B-Valdespin
    SS-Tejada
    3B-Wright
    LF-Duda/Hairston or Cowgill
    CF-Bourn
    RF-Upton

That's an awesome young offense.
    What did we win with our last core? If Upton is so great how come he's only had one good season out the last three?

A core is not the answer, a deep farm system and deep team is.

Valdespin is a hacker.

We're getting Bourn as well now and Hairston?

There's no way they're getting those 3 OF's in a million years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    How does Walker = Syndergaard

Seriously, explain this. Maybe I'm missing something? The only explaination seems like it's just that you don't know how good other teams prospects are or haven't looked at overall prospect rankings. Looked at multiple prospect rankings, you'll see that all have Walker as a top 10 OVERALL MLB prospect, just ahead of Wheeler in most cases.

I've seen Walker ranked 5th with Wheeler 7th. Also Walker ranked 4th overall with Wheeler 6th.

So, Walker = Wheeler

Now do you do that trade?
    I never said Syndergaard was as good as Walker. I said giving him up would be our equivalent to SEA giving up Walker or any of their big 3 because its almost set in stone the Mets are not trading Wheeler. So I chose which one of our big 3 we would trade.

Next time I think of a trade proposal I'll be sure to PM you first for your approval so you don't get all upset again, k?

vCash
    What did we win with our last core?
    When was the last time we had a legit, healthy core? I'd say 2008, and without a poor 1st half, they would've missed the playoffs by only 1 game.

With Wright, Upton, Ike, Ruben, Harvey, Wheeler (assuming Syndergaard's the pitcher that's traded), Niese... that could be an awesome core.

The Mets have a very good and deep farm system. I wouldn't mind trading a few of those farmees for a young, team controlled player who has shown ability to be a superstar. I wouldn't trade the entire farm, but I'd give up some good pieces.

But with all of that said, the Mets will not trade for Upton.

vCash
    Love how some guys hate Sandy's agenda about how its taking so long to build a team, complaining about tanking, blah blah.

Now he wants to bring a high impact player and you guys are crying.

What the **** do you want?

vCash
    What did we win with our last core? If Upton is so great how come he's only had one good season out the last three?

A core is not the answer, a deep farm system and deep team is.

Valdespin is a hacker.

We're getting Bourn as well now and Hairston?

There's no way they're getting those 3 OF's in a million years.
    We have better supporting players and a better pitching staff than we had before. Upton has been good every season, and he's had 2 great seasons out of the last 4.

A core is the answer, but so is a deep farm system and a deep team.

Valdespin is a hacker but he would still help us at second base because he plays good defense and has good speed and power.

I didn't say that we would get Bourn for sure, but there would be more incentive to if we got Upton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingZoFkWeeNz View Post
    Love how some guys hate Sandy's agenda about how its taking so long to build a team, complaining about tanking, blah blah.

My thoughts exactly.

I would love it if we got Upton. I would be just as fine if we kept our guys.

Considering the Mets' direction, I believe this has been a good offseason.

vCash

I think people just have a problem with Upton being that piece.

I am all for Sandy dealing farm pieces for an impact OF but not overpaying drastically for a guy in Upton who people fall more in love with his projection that what he has actually done on the field over the last 5 years.

He can be great but Arizona has a tendency to make guys look better than they actually are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

I am all for Sandy dealing farm pieces for an impact OF but not overpaying drastically for a guy in Upton who people fall more in love with his projection that what he has actually done on the field over the last 5 years.

He can be great but Arizona has a tendency to make guys look better than they actually are.
    I don't know man. Name another guy on the trade market who has a high as upside as Upton. Dude was #1 overall pick for a reason. Gotta take risks. There are no givens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

Which doesn't make sense. He's performed at a high level already, he's just been a little inconsistent in his young career. He hasn't even hit his prime yet.

vCash
    A 5 for 1 for Upton?

That's our 2 best hitting prospects for Upton and his huge deal, plus our 2B, who granted I'm not a big fan of, plus a good relief prospect plus a very good pitching prospect?

Insane.

We've just started building up a farm and now it's time to start draining it for less than sure thing player?
    uhhh........... if that's ALL it took for Upton, this trade would be finished. Are you kidding me?

It's not like, well since we're trading 5 players and only getting 1, then we're the ones making the bad deal because 5 > 1.

Murphy, Flores, Syndergaard, Familia, and Nimmo for Upton??? YES PLEASE!!

Murphy isn't that good, period. Most people on here know that by now.

Flores has no spot on this roster.

Nimmo, like Stuna said, hasn't even played in A ball yet. He's not a can't miss prospect. Not even close.

Familia is just a RP prospect and not THAT great of one either.

I like Syndergaard a lot but for Upton, hell yea!

Maybe you don't know that he dealt with a thumb injury for most of last season and still hit .280 with 17 HR's. The year before? .289 avg, 31 HR's, 88 RBI's, oh and that was his age 23 season.

Sorry man but you're out of your mind if you wouldn't make that deal. We would keep all our top prospects and just trade mid-lower level prospects. Thing is, ARI would never make this deal with they'd get robbed.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 01-11-2013 at 11:38 PM.

vCash
    I don't know man. Name another guy on the trade market who has a high as upside as Upton. Dude was #1 overall pick for a reason. Gotta take risks. There are no givens.
    Oh don't get me wrong his upside is potentially great and he has perennial MVP type ability if he can put it together.

I am just not sure he ever puts it together and like i said the splits bother me.

If they want to deal Syndegaard+ Flores and others and somehow that gets it done so be it but i wouldn't part with Niese, Wheeler, or Harvey for him.

It's a lot like Cargo, although Upton has more talent they are just entirely different players away from their very hitter friendly ballparks.

The norm of course being most players hit better at home than on the road but the spec price seems to be more for the Upton at home than the Upton on the road.

vCash
    uhhh........... if that's ALL it took for Upton, this trade would be finished. Are you kidding me?

It's not like, well since we're trading 5 players and only getting 1, then we're the ones making the bad deal because 5 > 1.

Murphy, Flores, Syndergaard, Familia, and Nimmo for Upton??? YES PLEASE!!

Flores has no spot on this roster.

Nimmo, like Stuna said, hasn't even played in A ball yet. He's not a can't miss prospect. Not even close.

Familia is just a RP prospect and not THAT great of one either.

I like Syndergaard a lot but for Upton, hell yea!

Maybe you don't know that he dealt with a thumb injury for most of last season and still hit .280 with 17 HR's. The year before? .289 avg, 31 HR's, 88 RBI's, oh and that was his age 23 season.
    Well according the MLB Network he's a top 10 2B.

But if you say he's not good then it must be true.

vCash
    MLB Network doesn't seem to know that.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast