Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue5 View Post
    I agree. However, offering Tejada opens a hole that we can't fill. We don't have an MLB ready SS. Not sure they take Gee though. Niese, Mejia, and a lower level 2B or SS?
    I have no problem with Omar Quintanilla or Ronny Cedeno out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingZoFkWeeNz View Post
    I honestly think Upton can fall into the Mets hands assuming a lot of variables fall into the right place.

He rejected Seattle, Texas is backing out, and I doubt ARZ will get as good a package as SEA was offering.

After the news that a deal was reached, it is almost inevitable that Upton will be moved.

It is also confirmed Sandy is interested.

ARZ is looking for MLB ready pitching as well as SS.

If I'm Sandy I offer Gee + Fulmer/Syndergaard + Tejada + low level prospect and see if ARZ bites.
    That could be a good starting point if no one else will offer what SEA did, but they are going to want a centerpiece in a deal, and I'd imagine Wheeler would almost definitely be include . Plus others. Not Gee who's a 4th or 5th starter at best and players like him can be found every offseason. Plus you're offering another pitcher that's years away. Seriously Irreally think Wheeler be would a must, just like TDA was a must when we traded Dickey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue5 View Post
    I agree. However, offering Tejada opens a hole that we can't fill. We don't have an MLB ready SS. Not sure they take Gee though. Niese, Mejia, and a lower level 2B or SS?
    Niese, Mejia and a lower prospect would get laughed at. Literally no chance of something close to that happening, unfortunately.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 01-11-2013 at 07:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Do u know how good that package SEA was giving up was?
    No, I didn't know. Thank you for providing that insight. However, I think his point is still valid. The public knowledge of the trade and ensuing rejection, only help the Mets' position should they be interested. Again, a very nice job of sitting back and waiting by SA.

In addition, I think having Upton makes us close to contending in 2014. If Kirk or Duda can contribute regularly and we sign...say, Elsbury as a FA, then we have a very good OF. If Harvey and Wheeler do well this season, Then we have a front of the rotation. I would take that.

vCash
    The Mets like Scott Hairston, but view the free agent as a fallback option in case they can’t obtain a bigger name outfielder, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports (Twitter links). The Mets would be happy to re-engage the Diamondbacks about Justin Upton, according to Heyman. However, they found Arizona’s asking price on Upton to be high earlier in the offseason.
    Mlbtr.

vCash
    We're gonna have to wait it out and see what other teams offer. If the price is too high we should move on but if Sandy can wait it out and get him without offering top prospects then that's great.

vCash
    Sandy is crafty when it comes to dealing. I doubt he lets go of TDA, Wheeler or Harvey.

vCash
    I hope Justin Upton pulls a Carmelo and makes it known he only wants to wear NY Orange & Blue .

NY is a big market and he can thrive here. He's childhood friends with David Wright and I'm sure he'd like to kick his big brother's butt in Atlanta. Get it done Omar!!

vCash

Upton vetoes trade...

Can't trade Niese.. That would leave this rotation bare for the 2013 season and beyond. Santana?/Harvey/Gee/?/? and that's just miserable.

Id love to have Upton. If the mets could acquire him without giving up Niese, Harvey, Wheeler, Tda then I think this team could compete for a wild card spot in '13.

Kirk, Tejada, Wright, Davis, Upton, Murphy, Duda, Tda when called up..

it's not gonna happen but if so then SA will be a god and this team will have a bright bright future
    #oneatatime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpagz3 View Post
    Can't trade Niese.. That would leave this rotation bare for the 2013 season and beyond. Santana?/Harvey/Gee/?/? and that's just miserable.

Id love to have Upton. If the mets could acquire him without giving up Niese, Harvey, Wheeler, Tda then I think this team could compete for a wild card spot in '13.

Kirk, Tejada, Wright, Davis, Upton, Murphy, Duda, Tda when called up..

it's not gonna happen but if so then SA will be a god and this team will have a bright bright future
    so if we could acquire Justin Upton without giving up any good prospects?he is a top young hitter and can not be had for the ******* you guys are offering.

vCash
    why don't you want to give up Niese for Upton. You really like to overrate our players. If we could keep our top prospects and offer Niese instead, it'd be a done deal.

vCash
    It sucks that it's true our fans overrate our players. Maybe cuz u guys know little about other players? At least Niese Wheeler or Harvey would have to be included. Sorry guys but that's the ugly trut .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    It sucks that it's true our fans overrate our players. Maybe cuz u guys know little about other players? At least Niese Wheeler or Harvey would have to be included. Sorry guys but that's the ugly trut .
    Dude its a known fact that just about every fan of every team overrates their own players. Its just a part of fanhood. Yes maybe some more than others but whatever. You seem really freaking upset about it. Lol relax.

vCash
    I won't speculate the players but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Sandy find a way to get Upton. Young, CF, and decent contract...exactly the type he'd target.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsin08 View Post
    I won't speculate the players but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Sandy find a way to get Upton. Young, CF, and decent contract...exactly the type he'd target.
    Upton plays RF. Not really suited for CF. Would be nice to get him though but might cost toomuch .

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast