Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We really couldn't have pursued Morse? They were practically giving him away for nothing. And I am not convinced the Nats would have been afraid if he went to the Mets because we aren't even in the Nats league right now.

vCash
    Isn't Morse a free agent after this season anyway? It wouldn't have made sense for us unless he agreed to an extension.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    If it were up to me, I'd try to get rid of Murphy and Gee in a straightup trade for Upton
    But hopefully you realize that a bad defensive player who hits for decent avg but has little power, plus a 4th or 5th starter at best literally has NO chance of getting a deal for Upton done.

Surely you realize that, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    They're good but they're not worth the price. I'm sure we can find his production a lot cheaper in FA, or close to it.

I don't think Upton's are that hard to find either. He's not THAT good. He just isn't, and those splits are terrible.
    You have to be joking if you think Upton's are easy to find. When was the last time we acquired an OFer as good as Upton? Beltran? And it cost $119mil. Who else have we had in the OF as good as Upton, and with the immense potential he has?

Ready. Set. Go.

And really enough to pointing out his splits. You can make that statement for just about any hitter. Most players hit better at home. Period. Ever consider that maybe home field advantage is actually a real thing?

But you're probably right, it's easy to find an OFer who averages 23 HR's, 20 SB's, and over a .280 avg over the course of 4 straight seasons, while playing good defense, oh and that averages that over 4 yrs all before he turns 25.

Yea those kinda guys come around all the time. Why don't you name them for us?
    Last edited by bklynny67; 01-17-2013 at 07:40 PM.

vCash
    Fact of the matter is this is a trade that needs to get done eventually, and why not now with J.Upton.. Adding him to the lineup does in fact make this team better not only in 2013, but also for the future.. If Upton is traded for I truly believe this lineup can compete with anyone in the National League.. Of course things would have to work out but they have to go right for every team..

A lineup of:

Tejada
    Murphy
    Wright
    Ike
    Upton
    Duda/Hairston*
    d'Arnaud/Buck
    Kirk/Cowgil

...Would have 4 potential 20+ hr threats ( Wright,Ike,Upton,Duda/Hairston* ) and an even mix of power from both sides of the plate. Throw in that Buck/d'Arnaud can combine for 20 home runs and that 100 home runs minimum in a lineup that lacked power previously.

If SA can pull this off I truly believe this team competes for a Wild Card spot in 2013 only if the bullpen can turn it around. But I'll tell you.. this team would not be a joke.
    #oneatatime

vCash
    They're good but they're not worth the price. I'm sure we can find his production a lot cheaper in FA, or close to it.

I don't think Upton's are that hard to find either. He's not THAT good. He just isn't, and those splits are terrible.
    But Upton is not that good and he costs players/prospects, it's crazy.
    You continue to say that despite the evidence given to you that he is that good. You keep saying players like him are easy to find. Please name some realistic options if that is so.

You shoot down everything, yet offer no insight of your own.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpagz3 View Post
    Fact of the matter is this is a trade that needs to get done eventually, and why not now with J.Upton.. Adding him to the lineup does in fact make this team better not only in 2013, but also for the future..
    Based on what? You act like we wouldn't have to pay a King's ransom to get it done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Based on what? You act like we wouldn't have to pay a King's ransom to get it done.
    Based on the fact that we need a trade like this to get done eventually in order to compete.. I thought I said that pretty clearly.. I didnt say it had to be Upton, I said why not Upton.. He's 25 and has his prime years ahead of him. And based on how little we've been active in Free Agency I'd say that it is a fact that a trade must eventually happen.
    #oneatatime

vCash
    Based on the fact that we need a trade like this to get done eventually in order to compete.. I thought I said that pretty clearly.. I didnt say it had to be Upton, I said why not Upton.. He's 25 and has his prime years ahead of him. And based on how little we've been active in Free Agency I'd say that it is a fact that a trade must eventually happen.
    I see what you mean but I don't understand your reasoning. It is not a guarantee that Upton makes us better in the future than some combo of Wheeler, Syndergaard, Flores, etc. would. I'm not ruling it out, but I just don't see how you can say that it's a given.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    I see what you mean but I don't understand your reasoning. It is not a guarantee that Upton makes us better in the future than some combo of Wheeler, Syndergaard, Flores, etc. would. I'm not ruling it out, but I just don't see how you can say that it's a given.
    My reasoning is that he is valuable proven player in an area of utmost need (Outfield) .. He solves the problem of having a bunch of 4th Of'ers and solves the lack of power hitting, or any good hitting right handers for that matter.

The prospects you named can all turn out to be future all stars I agree, but based on the last 3 years I'd have to say Upton has a better chance of staying an all-star rather than all three panning out to be. But I see what your saying as well.
    #oneatatime

vCash
    I still say to tell them Wheeler is definitely not available in an Upton deal, but Sydnergaard is available.

Syndergaard, Flores, and maybe Nimmo should get them thinkin real hard, especially if they aren't getting any better offers from other teams. I'd guess it would still take a little more but if somehow that's all it'd take, it'd be a no brainer for us.

So we would have turned Dickey into d'Arnaud, Upton, and Beccera while only giving up Flores and Nimmo from our farm. Holy crap that'd be an incredible upgrade for now and the future.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 01-18-2013 at 03:01 AM.

vCash
    Hopefully Upton goes to the Blue Jays that would be fun.
    asdf

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    But Wright was a stud for us, for many years, and all of a sudden in his prime years, he nowhere near the player he used to be. He needs to go.
    @YoungStuna28

vCash
    They're not gonna get Upton. Who do they have to trade for him? The Mariners offered four players for Upton. What four players are we gonna trade?

vCash
    It would be nice to get Upton. I don't know if the Mets are willing to give up what it might take. Maybe AZ will feel more forced into trading him now with the well publicized rejection of the Seattle deal an their demands will come down a bit

vCash
    Fact of the matter is this is a trade that needs to get done eventually, and why not now with J.Upton.. Adding him to the lineup does in fact make this team better not only in 2013, but also for the future.. If Upton is traded for I truly believe this lineup can compete with anyone in the National League.. Of course things would have to work out but they have to go right for every team..

A lineup of:

Tejada
    Murphy
    Wright
    Ike
    Upton
    Duda/Hairston*
    d'Arnaud/Buck
    Kirk/Cowgil

...Would have 4 potential 20+ hr threats ( Wright,Ike,Upton,Duda/Hairston* ) and an even mix of power from both sides of the plate. Throw in that Buck/d'Arnaud can combine for 20 home runs and that 100 home runs minimum in a lineup that lacked power previously.

If SA can pull this off I truly believe this team competes for a Wild Card spot in 2013 only if the bullpen can turn it around. But I'll tell you.. this team would not be a joke.
    Who cares about HRs and why the love affair with HRs ? Do you know which team was dead last,last year in HRS in all of baseball ...ANSWER, The San Francisco Giants that's who !!!

Give me clutch hitting, excellent defense and pitching and I couldn't care less about HRs.

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast